What aspects of coaching worked well today?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: What aspects of coaching worked well today?

wally wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 9:16am I noticed Paton on Toby toward the end that’s his spot if he plays just lock down.
Paton plays on Greene, Charlie Cameron, and any other game winning small forward.

If there is no matchup he shouldn't play.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 8:27am
Scollop wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 12:17am
Mr Magic wrote: Sun 21 May 2023 9:49pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 21 May 2023 9:37pm So the questions remain unanswered

How did our highly rated senior coach go against the rank novice in Kinsley?

What aspects did our coaching group get right today?
Kingsley?
The senior assistant with years of experience who finally got the top job?
Other than you, who in the football world is denigrating Lyon Mk 2?
Your tirades against anything/everything Lyon does/doesn’t do is becoming tiresome to read.
You really don’t need to post it repeatedly in every thread to make the rest of us understand you despise him.
We get it- you don’t like him
wtf are you talking about? :roll:

This isn't fkn personal...although you seem to think it is

What's the point of the forum if you can't discuss football? We're not members of a cult are we? We can question decisions by the leaders can't we?
It seems 'fkn personal' (on your behalf) to me.
Thread after thread you go off on a tanty about the coach/coaching.
I get it - you don't like the coach.
You only started this thread as another swipe at the coach.
Why don't you want to talk about footy?

Obviously from your point of view there's nothing to discuss ...Pissweak

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 12:33am Fair questions.
Apparently, if I criticise our coaching or team selection it's very upsetting for some

Apparently, I'm on a personal vendetta

Apparently, thread after thread I've been attacking the senior coach because 'I don't like him'

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 8:37am
Scolops, I know you've been champing at the bit to get into RTB all season, but 7-3 makes it difficult, no?
I had been supportive from basically the start of the year and weeks before even Round 1 had started. I'll be wanting to embrace Ross and give him a cuddle even ...if he can get us back to being contenders

Was super rapt with the 4-0 start and accepting of the loss to Collingwood. Felt even better with the bounce back a week later and a great win against Carlton.

The last 3 games, we've been ordinary and my main beef for the last 4-5 weeks wasn't so much the coaching but more the ommissions of Windy and Bytel from the senior squad

What elements of our game yesterday made you think we looked good? I'm not talking about the inclusions of Gresham or Max King either. I'm talking about how we let them in with a chance and up until 2 minutes to go they could have pinched it

I don't want to get into 1 individual or 1 coach. It's a coaching group isn't it?

I do want to get into something every time you play the man instead of talking about the thread topic....your head with some round house slaps around the ears

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 9:52am
Mr Magic wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 8:27am
Scollop wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 12:17am
Mr Magic wrote: Sun 21 May 2023 9:49pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 21 May 2023 9:37pm So the questions remain unanswered

How did our highly rated senior coach go against the rank novice in Kinsley?

What aspects did our coaching group get right today?
Kingsley?
The senior assistant with years of experience who finally got the top job?
Other than you, who in the football world is denigrating Lyon Mk 2?
Your tirades against anything/everything Lyon does/doesn’t do is becoming tiresome to read.
You really don’t need to post it repeatedly in every thread to make the rest of us understand you despise him.
We get it- you don’t like him
wtf are you talking about? :roll:

This isn't fkn personal...although you seem to think it is

What's the point of the forum if you can't discuss football? We're not members of a cult are we? We can question decisions by the leaders can't we?
It seems 'fkn personal' (on your behalf) to me.
Thread after thread you go off on a tanty about the coach/coaching.
I get it - you don't like the coach.
You only started this thread as another swipe at the coach.
Why don't you want to talk about footy?

Obviously from your point of view there's nothing to discuss ...Pissweak
I'd love to talk about footy but you make it near impossible with your obsession about coach/coaching.
And debate is great, but only if all parties involved are prepared to listen to alternate views - something I'm afraid you seem incapable of.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

wally wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 9:16am I noticed Paton on Toby toward the end that’s his spot if he plays just lock down.
It was noticeable the cleaner skills of GWS going forward compared to us.
Really need to get more goals from forward entries and time in F50.
Paton was effective on Toby. Shut him down a bit although to be fair I think Toby copped an injury to his shoulder, despite what his coach said.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 10:14am
takeaway wrote: Mon 22 May 2023 8:37am
Scolops, I know you've been champing at the bit to get into RTB all season, but 7-3 makes it difficult, no?
I had been supportive from basically the start of the year and weeks before even Round 1 had started. I'll be wanting to embrace Ross and give him a cuddle even ...if he can get us back to being contenders

Was super rapt with the 4-0 start and accepting of the loss to Collingwood. Felt even better with the bounce back a week later and a great win against Carlton.

The last 3 games, we've been ordinary and my main beef for the last 4-5 weeks wasn't so much the coaching but more the ommissions of Windy and Bytel from the senior squad

What elements of our game yesterday made you think we looked good? I'm not talking about the inclusions of Gresham or Max King either. I'm talking about how we let them in with a chance and up until 2 minutes to go they could have pinched it

I don't want to get into 1 individual or 1 coach. It's a coaching group isn't it?

I do want to get into something every time you play the man instead of talking about the thread topic....your head with some round house slaps around the ears
The thread title and your posts were playing the man. Now you are backing down, saying your main beef wasn't so much the coaching but more the omissions of Windy & Bytel. Back to the old chestnut. You seem a bit confused. No good moaning just for the sake of moaning.

Tough game yesterday, both teams looked good at times, I thought our quick response with a goal or 2 when GWS got in front was a feature, good win away.
I had us down as a loss, GWS aren't too bad a team you know, and really needed to win to keep their season alive. We won, so "looked good" often enough to get the points.