Will this re-awaken the real Ross Lyon?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Will this re-awaken the real Ross Lyon?

Enough is enough
(Sunny Ernie thanks)

Will we see the real RTB start to shed hod 'new' skin, and start asserting some hard and fast rules....
?

Basically tell his assisstants to f off.?

and start being the fascist we all love?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Will this re-awaken the real Ross Lyon?

Something needs to change in the coaches box. At the moment, the playing group is a bottom six team at best.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

I hope he cracks down. Drop Ross and Paton. Make a statement

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I’m hoping he’ll reset during and bye and we attack the second part of the season with Owens and Windhager in the starting midfield.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The worrying trend is that this may be the real Ross Lyon

The anomaly was playing a full fit list, picking players that had earned their spot on form with a good blend youth and experience.

V1.0 liked carrying injured players, persevered with stagnant, underperforming senior players that know the role and once you get in… it’s hard to get out.

nobhead
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 12:18pm The worrying trend is that this may be the real Ross Lyon

The anomaly was playing a full fit list, picking players that had earned their spot on form with a good blend youth and experience.

V1.0 liked carrying injured players, persevered with stagnant, underperforming senior players that know the role and once you get in… it’s hard to get out.
To be fair ,this time around is going to be different ,cause apart from enright this is the 1st time for lenny,ross and harvs coaching this group. That said they are quickly learning that certain senior players are not up to it and never will be.thats the reason the club are where they are and it won't get fixed in the short term.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

When has remarrying the person who deserted you actually worked out?

Just because the in between girlfriends were worse doesn’t make it right either.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I hope it awakens Harvs, Lenny, and Enright to stand up to Ross where they see the teams failings.

It would be a huge waste for them to be yes men to RTB.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

nobhead wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 12:30pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 12:18pm The worrying trend is that this may be the real Ross Lyon

To be fair ,this time around is going to be different ,cause apart from enright this is the 1st time for lenny,ross and harvs coaching this group. That said they are quickly learning that certain senior players are not up to it and never will be.thats the reason the club are where they are and it won't get fixed in the short term.
Why are they still playing them, then?

nobhead
Club Player

Otiman wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 12:41pm

11 rounds in 1 pre season to teach them the system you want them to play ,what are you going to do delist/ drop em after 3-4 s*** games. Like i said this is going to take time and like ross said in his presser windy for example was told to go back and work on specific things in his game.membrey had a s*** game last night and billings was average and was injured all pre season.bytel is the only other player putting his hand up and he got injured.
So apart from that,thats where we are at unfortunatly

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 12:39pm When has remarrying the person who deserted you actually worked out?

Just because the in between girlfriends were worse doesn’t make it right either.
being older, you have lower (realistic) expectations..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

nobhead wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 1:02pm
Otiman wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 12:41pm

11 rounds in 1 pre season to teach them the system you want them to play ,what are you going to do delist/ drop em after 3-4 s*** games. Like i said this is going to take time and like ross said in his presser windy for example was told to go back and work on specific things in his game.membrey had a s*** game last night and billings was average and was injured all pre season.bytel is the only other player putting his hand up and he got injured.
So apart from that,thats where we are at unfortunatly
Good post
It’s just easier to kick Lyon tho than admit we have **** all up our sleeve who’ll actually make a difference
I’m starting to hope we don’t make finals and if that nets me getter picks and means we cut deeper

“Yeah….nah””
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 12:39pm When has remarrying the person who deserted you actually worked out?

Carlton and David Parkin

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 9:28pm

Carlton and David Parkin
Not sure Parkin had abandoned them though.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 9:28pm

Carlton and David Parkin
Not sure Parkin had abandoned them though.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 1:14am Enough is enough
(Sunny Ernie thanks)

Will we see the real RTB start to shed hod 'new' skin, and start asserting some hard and fast rules....
?

WE ?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 1:14am Enough is enough
(Sunny Ernie thanks)

?

I think he knows that yelling and carrying on is a thing from a bygone era. That was ok for Barrassi and Sheedy and Parkin and Walls (and even Ross the Boss version 1) but that doesn't work for Gen Z

The early results were a combination of good planning, a general buzz around the club with some legends coming back as assistants and very good coaching. Why change that?

All they need to do in my opinion is work out who stays on the list and who gets selected each week

saynta
Saintsational Legend

That's what i am afraid of and that his assistants are either too timid or to respectful to say anything.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 3:35pm That's what i am afraid of and that his assistants are either too timid or to respectful to say anything.
You seriously think that Harvey, Hayes, and Enright would be too scared to say anything?
I can see how you'd think that...All of them were chicken on the field :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 4:54pm
saynta wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 3:35pm That's what i am afraid of and that his assistants are either too timid or to respectful to say anything.
You seriously think that Harvey, Hayes, and Enright would be too scared to say anything?
I can see how you'd think that...All of them were chicken on the field :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Goddard in particular is well known for keeping his opinions to himself

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 8:17pm
Luckily for us, he's not one of the match day assistants.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 31 May 2023 9:17am
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 8:17pm
Luckily for us, he's not one of the match day assistants.
:wink: Well you tell me why we kept kicking the f****** ball to that fair headed turd.

It's pretty well known that lyon has a habit of sacking his assistants. Maybe they stood up to him.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Just like the last few seasons, no game plan can outlast our skills.
Sooner or later our skills are going to kill us.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

You have to wonder of Cuddly Ross is working.

We all heard stories about players being so sh*t-scared of RTB that they did extra fitness sessions in the off-season.

Then, in the first five rounds ,they played out of their skins.

Since then Cuddly Ross has made plain that he's not to be feared after all.

Will talk up the players after a loss.

Won't drop players for mediocre performances.

Will let certain players get away with a visible lack of commitment.

Personally I think the players need to be sh*t-scared again.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The whole idea behind getting Ross to the club was for someone who set ruthless standards and held people to it.

I've no idea if that's the case inside the walls of Moorabbin, but if cuddly Ross exists inside those walls then we didn't get what we paid for.