3 Swans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mickey
Club Player

3 Swans

Warner, Papley and Blakey have to be contained if we're to be a chance in Buddy's 350th. Parker out gives our midfield no excuses, all of them at a minimum should get 20 touches. Papley sparks the crowd and has to have someone wear him like a glove. Blakey burst through the middle every chance he got against the slow Blues and he'll try the same with us, coaches surely will be on to that. They don't have a defence so on paper our forwards should dominate but paper doesn't kick the ball forward with precision. Let's ruin the party.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: 3 Swans

mickey wrote: Fri 02 Jun 2023 2:20pm They don't have a defence so on paper our forwards should dominate but paper doesn't kick the ball forward with precision.
Either do our mids.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

This game seems particularly ominous. We have an horrendous recent record against the Swines and haven’t won a game at the SCG since 2009.

The media will be drumming up a Buddy love-fest, which means the narrative will have St.Kilda as the bad guys. The usual suspects will flounder: Howard will let Franklin walk all over him and hurl himself to the ground for every marking contest; Seb Ross will be as soft as ice cream and some other flake will keep coughing the ball up 🤮

Honestly, I hope I’m wrong, but I’m getting nothing but bad vibes in the build up to this game.
Last edited by Sainternist on Sat 03 Jun 2023 1:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

If last week is anything to go by, we will get absolutely spanked and Blakey will take 15 marks.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
mickey
Club Player

If Owen's and Windy play we can win this. From memory we should've beaten them at the SCG recently but the nickname Missy Higgins was born. Franklin has been terrible this year but knowing our luck he'll have his one good game like Rioli from Port.

If we can't beat this Sydney list then I think we might repeat last year's result. I'm opting to be positive (not easy after 54 years of supporting) and after a freshen up RTB and our coaches will get them back on track.

Killa
Club Player

King is the leader in our attack

Supporting him are very inexperienced players including Owen, Caminiti and Sharman

Plus Higgins and Butler, both now experienced “small forwards” at or near 100 games into their careers

We do not get much scoring from our mids and this, to me, is a problem (except Woods)

Wilkie usually goes to Franklin, with a history of some success

So who do Howard and Battle then go to?

Then we need to restrict the likes of Papley

The summary is that if we are to win we are going to have to restrict Sydney to a sub 10 goal performance

Because our scoring capacity may be at or just above this unless King can have a day out and the others prosper from the attention given to King

On the basis of VFL form I would not expect Membrey to be selected