Was 4-4-3 the worst thing for St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Was 4-4-3 the worst thing for St Kilda

I love him but was Max's 4-4-3 the worst thing for the current St Kilda team

Did we go from random entries into the forward 50 to plain old boring Kick it to Max?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Was 4-4-3 the worst thing for St Kilda

What are all our genius coaches doing about it?
Surely the players don’t just go it and land it on Zking’s head contrary to instructions??

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Ross is more a 6-3-1 formation type of guy…..

Sanctorum
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 8:35pm I love him but was Max's 4-4-3 the worst thing for the current St Kilda team

Did we go from random entries into the forward 50 to plain old boring Kick it to Max?
Think you might have something there Sainter_Dad, I've had similar thoughts about the problems with the forward structure since King's return from injury.

His bags of goals have been mainly sporadic, not full four quarter efforts and the hope that he and Caminiti would match up like Hawkins/Cameron, Lynch/Riewoldt, Mackay/Curnow have not come to pass.

To be honest, I consider Max King to be a disappointment insofar that he has not imposed himself on the game in the way of the other power forwards I've listed. Maybe his frail body doesn't give him confidence to hit the pack with brute physicality, which may well change for the better once (if) he builds greater body strength.

Your point that the team's forward entries are too focused on "kick it to Max' is correct and that's something that you would expect the coaches (and the players themselves) to look at because all opposition defenders have to do is gang up on King and punch the ball clear, which is what has happened in the last few games.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist