Site down - bot attacks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Site down - bot attacks

Hi all

Quick update from me - you may or may not have noticed the site going down (for very short periods - minutes) a number of times over the last 24-48 hours.

After some investigation we discovered a spike in connections from multiple IP addresses on certain pages of the site which looks like bot attacks similar to what we saw a few months ago with hackers and spammers. Because of the security issues we put in place, this has essentially caused the site to shut down for a couple of minutes each time rather than allow the bots access.

Hoping it settles down but as its been frustrating for me, I figure it would have been frustrating for you all too so just wanted to give you the update as it came to hand.

Cheers
Nick

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Site down - bot attacks

Do we suspect it might be the Chinese Communist Sate?

Sanctorum
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Wed 22 May 2024 7:44pm Do we suspect it might be the Chinese Communist Sate?
"Sate" originates in Malaysia and Indonesia, best bought from street vendors who carry small charcoal burners plus ingredients - grilled while you wait, on bamboo skewers, with a choice of pork, chicken, lamb, goat or beef and served with spicy peanut sauce, bloody delicious!!

In Singapore for many years there was a sate market near the waterfront with dozens of vendors, one of who was actually awarded a coveted Michelin Star!

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 23 May 2024 12:42pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 22 May 2024 7:44pm Do we suspect it might be the Chinese Communist Sate?
"Sate" originates in Malaysia and Indonesia, best bought from street vendors who carry small charcoal burners plus ingredients - grilled while you wait, on bamboo skewers, with a choice of pork, chicken, lamb, goat or beef and served with spicy peanut sauce, bloody delicious!!

In Singapore for many years there was a sate market near the waterfront with dozens of vendors, one of who was actually awarded a coveted Michelin Star!
I wouldn’t have thought that much creativity could come from a missing ‘t’

I kind of made me hungry