The Blame game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Blame game

For me, the problem is what we're being told by the club is at odds with what we are seeing.

I've got no issue in going backwards to go forwards. But the platitudes week on week are cop outs and not a true indication of where we're at.

If Ross came out and said "We are building a premiership team and that means we are focusing on development in 2024", that would at least be refreshing and reassuring.

But no, we are trying to be seen to win every game we're in. And with the number of poor losses this year it just reeks of incompetence.

Just come out and say we aren't competitive because we're trying to build and play a gameplan in excess of our current skill level.

If the efforts so far this year is genuinely the best that Ross and his team have - throw in the towel now.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 4:25pm
older saint wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 4:08pm
......we just are not as good as people believe and again it showed last night. Blaming the coach is the easy thing to do and look how that has worked over 150 years . Clubs Like Geelong and Richmond stuck fat in recent years and now have silverware. We currently lack confidence also which is not a good combination.
Your thread title implies there shouldn't be blame directed in only one area...and yet you suggest that the players 'are not as good as people believe'

Isn't that pointing the finger in one direction and absolving the coach?

You're contradicting yourself again with your last sentence.

I can handle losses. I just can't handle coaches not taking ownership and not sharing in accountability and responsibility for our losses
Scollop dives in with his obsessive compulsive ..give us a break let people speak without your analcyst

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Sat 25 May 2024 8:23pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 4:25pm
older saint wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 4:08pm
......we just are not as good as people believe and again it showed last night. Blaming the coach is the easy thing to do and look how that has worked over 150 years . Clubs Like Geelong and Richmond stuck fat in recent years and now have silverware. We currently lack confidence also which is not a good combination.
Your thread title implies there shouldn't be blame directed in only one area...and yet you suggest that the players 'are not as good as people believe'

Isn't that pointing the finger in one direction and absolving the coach?

You're contradicting yourself again with your last sentence.

I can handle losses. I just can't handle coaches not taking ownership and not sharing in accountability and responsibility for our losses
Scollop dives in with his obsessive compulsive ..give us a break let people speak without your analcyst
Thanks for your contribution to the issues already discussed and to the thread title

Nuffnuff cockhead

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 25 May 2024 8:25pm

Nuffnuff cockhead
Ruby Jo...does it kind of suggest this name is associated with a woman?

I know this is the age of diversity, equity and inclusion so I suppose a woman can be a cockhead if we are being fair, out of curiosity through what is the feminine way to express cockhead?

loris
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 10:17am

Nuffnuff cockhead

I know this is the age of diversity, equity and inclusion so I suppose a woman can be a cockhead if we are being fair, out of curiosity through what is the feminine way to express cockhead?
Every time I see a Ruby Jo post - it’s not the content of the post, but the nomenclature ‘Ruby Jo’, that my mind floats back to the past and thinks of Jack Ruby - he who shot Lee Harvey Oswald, who shot President Kennedy!
Nothing at all to do with a nuffnuff cocckhead as the scallop so eloquently posts.

Now me mentioning Jack Ruby/ Lee Harvey Oswald will bring out all the conspiracy theorists from the General Forum onto this thread - hello HardSaint & markp 😉😉

Sorry Vortex, could not add anything meaningful to your query. Carry on ole bean 😘

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 12:35pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 10:17am

Nuffnuff cockhead

Every time I see a Ruby Jo post - it’s not the content of the post, but the nomenclature ‘Ruby Jo’, that my mind floats back to the past and thinks of Jack Ruby - he who shot Lee Harvey Oswald, who shot President Kennedy!
Nothing at all to do with a nuffnuff cocckhead as the scallop so eloquently posts.

Now me mentioning Jack Ruby/ Lee Harvey Oswald will bring out all the conspiracy theorists from the General Forum onto this thread - hello HardSaint & markp 😉😉

Sorry Vortex, could not add anything meaningful to your query. Carry on ole bean 😘
The CIA without question was behind the whole thing. 😎

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 10:17am ....what is the feminine way to express cockhead?
I reckon from the posting style he's a bloke ...who definitely listens to 3AW a fair bit
Rubyjo wrote: Sun 28 Jan 2024 6:33pm Go woke go broke ..you lose the killer instinct becauce you are worried about race, gender , sexuality , illegal immigration .colonialism , critical race theory...or whatever ..well done windies and wake the f*** up saints , find that killer instinct .
Rubyjo wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 11:25pm We need a come and play pure footy game ..the woke agenda doesn't suit a footy team .
Footy players don't sign up for the leftard woke agenda which does the best people's head in.
To answer your question though, maybe stupid bitch could be used. I suspect that's not socially acceptable so maybe 'silly twat' is better. It's probably gender neutral as well

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 2:11pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 10:17am ....what is the feminine way to express cockhead?
I reckon from the posting style he's a bloke ...who definitely listens to 3AW a fair bit
Rubyjo wrote: Sun 28 Jan 2024 6:33pm Go woke go broke ..you lose the killer instinct becauce you are worried about race, gender , sexuality , illegal immigration .colonialism , critical race theory...or whatever ..well done windies and wake the f*** up saints , find that killer instinct .
Rubyjo wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 11:25pm We need a come and play pure footy game ..the woke agenda doesn't suit a footy team .
Footy players don't sign up for the leftard woke agenda which does the best people's head in.
To answer your question though, maybe stupid bitch could be used. I suspect that's not socially acceptable so maybe 'silly twat' is better. It's probably gender neutral as well
So have I got you right, are you claiming a woman can't sound like a moron bogan bloke?

If that's what you're implying Scollo I'd say your WOKE credibility will take a serious hit.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 2:32pm
So have I got you right, are you claiming a woman can't sound like a moron bogan bloke?

If that's what you're implying Scollo I'd say your WOKE credibility will take a serious hit.
I used to be a moron bogan*, but these days

I consider myself a woke bogan

* So I can spot a bogan bloke from a bogan sheila

St Dave
Club Player

Are there end of year awards for dumbest post? I would normally laugh at the stupidity and move on, but reading this has actually made me stupider such that I feel compelled to respond.

The only word they imply shouldn't be used is bitch (which is about right, in my experience anyone referring to a woman with a hard 'bitch' has about a 90% chance of being a bad bloke), and you try to use the answer to your question about a feminine version of cockhead as some kind of gotcha?

This post is going to be swimming around my brain trying to work out how you thought it was in any way logical. I think I need to go for a walk to try to process it before the game starts or I will be too distracted.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

St Dave wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 3:37pm

Are there end of year awards for dumbest post? I would normally laugh at the stupidity and move on, but reading this has actually made me stupider such that I feel compelled to respond.

The only word they imply shouldn't be used is bitch (which is about right, in my experience anyone referring to a woman with a hard 'bitch' has about a 90% chance of being a bad bloke), and you try to use the answer to your question about a feminine version of cockhead as some kind of gotcha?

This post is going to be swimming around my brain trying to work out how you thought it was in any way logical. I think I need to go for a walk to try to process it before the game starts or I will be too distracted.
If you drill down into the gaps between the words you'll realise you won't learn this type of stuff at university.

St Dave
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 5:34pm
St Dave wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 3:37pm

If you drill down into the gaps between the words you'll realise you won't learn this type of stuff at university.
Right, so you are saying there is information is the spaces between words? I don't think there is anything important happening in the next 30 mins so teach me how to see them. Hopefully it doesn't require chemical assistance or the application of brain worms.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

St Dave wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 6:14pm
Hopefully it doesn't require chemical assistance ...

It actually would be very helpful...mushies, MDMA or weed...

I'd go MDMA this afternoon just to get some love into our hearts to cope

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Don’t play the vortex game Saint Dave he has a PhD. He is so much smarter than you.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Acres is better than Hill

St Dave
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 7:07pm Saint Dave he has a PhD.
Nice you think so, but that's not what my partner says

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

St Dave wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 7:19pm
No no no Vortex told us that “he”
has the PhD

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Is Ruby Jo your partner?

Total respect if she is, she's got some serious balls about her and I constantly admire her provocative posting style, mate I don't think she needs you defending her though.

St Dave
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 7:21pm
has the PhD
Sorry, I said that post made me stupider and clearly it has hit my reading comprehension

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 7:15pm Acres is better than Hill
Took you a while to catch on.
What was paid for Hill just as big a stuff up as getting rid of Goddard, Dal & Mcevoy!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

St Dave wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 7:26pm
The Fireman wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 7:21pm
has the PhD
Sorry, I said that post made me stupider and clearly it has hit my reading comprehension
:lol: That’s ok just keep reading vortex’s posts..you’ll feel better 😉