Locked threads

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Locked threads

A general question….

Why are they shut down?
Why should something that is never voted for then be silenced if there’s disagreement?

It’s f****** garbage. Mirrors society to a tee and you wonder why there’s all the issues (lockdowns anyone?)

Stick it up your Euro-Wokee bum.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Locked threads

I don’t lock many threads and frankly I’m quite happy to let political discussions go as long as they’re productive and respectful.

Personally have no issue with politics separate to my own.

But the reality is that I get to deal with the fall outs of these threads which includes reports, forumites getting frustrated with each other and then those frustrations spilling out into other threads and the general growing debates of what are appropriate discussions for a forum like this.

Add on to that the repeated calls for action to ban this person or stop this type of posting or keep the site about football etc

Typically there’s no one sized fits all approach. One has to be flexible and considerate.

Recently we had a thread here that went 5+ pages on the domestic governments response to domestic violence. It was heated… contentious, a bit nasty at times but not vicious, it was a good read… when the discussion was over it faded and we all moved on.

Regarding this particular topic… like I said in the thread before I locked it… firstly its been done 4 times in the last 2-3 weeks.

My impression is that there are far too many on this forum that don’t really have the tact to discuss these challenging topics sensitively/respectfully and we get into this area of questioning the validity of challenges and responses.

It very quickly turns into a debate about how the name is influencing the way the players are playing, about woke’ism, forumites quickly start abusing each other and I get inundated with reports.

Have a look at the most recent thread… within three posts Dud and Scallop (who hadn’t even posted in the thread) are called out and in 4 posts… there’s the woke word again.

Blind Freddy can see that it’s just heading for trouble and frankly is not worth the hassle.

It’s been done repeatedly. The discussion doesn’t go anywhere, it’s generally irrelevant to this forum and it results in a lot hassle.

Heck look at your post here…
WTF does locking threads have to do with Covid and what is the point of this…
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 9:36pm
Stick it up your Euro-Wokee bum.
Other than than a cheap, insensitive shot RE the subject matter and an example that too many people don’t actually want to have a respectful conversation about challenging topics… rather they just want to fire a cheap shot to piss people off.

I don’t dish out bans and warnings willy nilly. Nor do I react every time when there’s a transgression… most of the time I just try to move things on. That’s my opinion on the matter

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

It’s not the way the players play. It’s the club in general.
Why are things done without any sort of member interaction. Please pay your money, sit down and be quiet is the motto.

We are ALWAYS on the wrong side of history, yet no one can challenge it. Has anything we’ve done the last 15 years helped the club at all? Seriously?

We are the dumbest fan base that will golf clap some distraction causes to feel good about themselves, whilst the good clubs carry on about their business year after year.

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 26 May 2024 11:49pm It’s not the way the players play. It’s the club in general.
Why are things done without any sort of member interaction. Please pay your money, sit down and be quiet is the motto.

We are ALWAYS on the wrong side of history, yet no one can challenge it. Has anything we’ve done the last 15 years helped the club at all? Seriously?

We are the dumbest fan base that will golf clap some distraction causes to feel good about themselves, whilst the good clubs carry on about their business year after year.
What’s your big idea then champion? Sounds like you’re full of solutions.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

He’s light on Brunswick me thinks…

“Yeah….nah””
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

We pigeon hole ourselves as a small club.
Ok, if we are small, then put everything we can into winning a flag without the side shows.

Grant Thomas had that mentality. Maybe went too far in terms of power, but the correct mentality.

I have no doubt the AFL use us as their guinea pigs.
You think it’s by accident we cover every single meaningless cause each year?

My mates tell me they couldnt give a stuff, just make finals and win flags and that we are a laughing stock because our priorities are so misguided.

Get ruthless as a club and exist to win, not just exist for the sake of it.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Lock this one

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Where would dickheads get their slogans from ...if it wasn't for good ol Rupert and his Fox News network?

Keep listening to Sky News and 3 AW for your daily dose of brainwashing, misinformation, lies and nothing but right wing propaganda designed to manipulate you and drive a wedge between society.

If it was up to dickheads and the hordes, we'd be burning people for declaring the Earth isn't flat, we'd still be using kerosene lamps in our homes, we'd have homosexuals thrown off cliffs in Sydney, and the Ku Klux Klan would be thriving in Australia

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The temp name change didn’t seem to bother the Dees…

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.