Buckley, Harvey, Hird, Ricciuto & Voss - Career Stats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Buckley, Harvey, Hird, Ricciuto & Voss - Career Stats

Posted this on BigFooty thought id chuck it on here!!!

Stuffed it up @ the start but fixed it soon after.....but copped the usual "Negative Nigel" comments.....

With the recent word on the grapevine of Ricciuto calling it a day.....thought id add up all the numbers from the 5 greats mentioned above just to let people see the impact they all made on the game.

This is obviously up to round 19 2007,

*Was unable to find the exact number on Robert Harveys possesion count, but i do know its over 9000.

Also some1 mentioned Harves has 210 carrer brownlow votes.....the afl stats page said 205.....so i cant argue with it!!!

|Andy|
Club Player

well if those stats are correct. harvey has had 8999 disposals. u just times games by average disposals per games.

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

I'd be interested to see how well Kouta stacks up against such elite company.

Shame Woewodin stole the 2000 brownlow of him.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

|Andy| wrote:well if those stats are correct. harvey has had 8999 disposals. u just times games by average disposals per games.
R u taking the piss???

Batnoe

If you divide Brownlow votes by games played, it would be interesting who scores the most Brownlow points per game on average

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:If you divide Brownlow votes by games played, it would be interesting who scores the most Brownlow points per game on average
Was gonna do that but didnt figure any1 would care.....

Buckley 0.65
Harvey 0.57
Hird 0.46
Ricciuto 0.47
Voss 0.52

Doesnt suprise me Buckley winning.....love him or hate him.....hes a gun!!!!

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
Batnoe wrote:If you divide Brownlow votes by games played, it would be interesting who scores the most Brownlow points per game on average

Buckley 0.65
Harvey 0.57
Hird 0.46
Ricciuto 0.47
Voss 0.52

... and teh umpires love him.

mcadam05
Club Player

Buckley 0.65
Harvey 0.57
Hird 0.46
Ricciuto 0.47
Voss 0.52

remember only divide by home and away games not total games harvs has played 14 finals and hes been in the best for all but one (bris at the gabba 2004) of them

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

mcadam05 wrote:

Buckley 0.65
Harvey 0.57
Hird 0.46
Ricciuto 0.47
Voss 0.52

Yeh correct.....overlooked that!!!

Will re-do 2moz unless someone else wants to punch in the numbers

remember only divide by home and away games not total games harvs has played 14 finals and hes been in the best for all but one (bris at the gabba 2004) of them

mcadam05
Club Player

Re: Buckley, Harvey, Hird, Ricciuto & Voss - Career Stat

The Saintsational Man wrote:Posted this on BigFooty thought id chuck it on here!!!

Stuffed it up @ the start but fixed it soon after.....but copped the usual "Negative Nigel" comments.....

With the recent word on the grapevine of Ricciuto calling it a day.....thought id add up all the numbers from the 5 greats mentioned above just to let people see the impact they all made on the game.

This is obviously up to round 19 2007,

*Was unable to find the exact number on Robert Harveys possesion count, but i do know its over 9000.

Also some1 mentioned Harves has 210 carrer brownlow votes.....the afl stats page said 205.....so i cant argue with it!!!

i think you only need too go back and watch the Stk v Ade final from 2005 too see why harvey is the BEST player in that list
in all my years watching the saints that was the greatest performance by a saints player i have seen lockett kick heaps of goals loewe take 18 marks on the SCG but nothing beats harvey nothing :D

Bono
Club Player

None of the disposals are correct. Where did you get them from?

jackal
Club Player

On A minor tangent.

I would argue that the 5 players on this list are the greatest players these clubs have had in their respective histories. Would the rest of the forum agree with this or suggest a superior player?

All of these players would be regarded by their respective club's supporters as being one of the greatest ever I would have thought!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

jackal wrote:On A minor tangent.

I would argue that the 5 players on this list are the greatest players these clubs have had in their respective histories. Would the rest of the forum agree with this or suggest a superior player?

All of these players would be regarded by their respective club's supporters as being one of the greatest ever I would have thought!
Over the last 20 years without a doubt

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

jackal wrote:On A minor tangent.

You have a case...
If you include Fitzroy in the Lions history then you are comparing Voss to Hadyn Bunton, Bernie Quinlan and Gary Wilson.
Collingwood have a number of great players from yesteryear including the Coventry brothers.
Essendon have also had a number of great players including Dick Reynolds, John Coleman, Simon Madden and Tim Watson to name a few.

jackal
Club Player

You have a case...
If you include Fitzroy in the Lions history then you are comparing Voss to Hadyn Bunton, Bernie Quinlan and Gary Wilson.
Collingwood have a number of great players from yesteryear including the Coventry brothers.
Essendon have also had a number of great players including Dick Reynolds, John Coleman, Simon Madden and Tim Watson to name a few.
Indeed, but are they better players than the 5 'retiring' legends of present year. I would argue that in 50 years time these 5 will be mentioned in the same breathe as you list above..

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

jackal wrote:
You have a case...
Indeed, but are they better players than the 5 'retiring' legends of present year. I would argue that in 50 years time these 5 will be mentioned in the same breathe as you list above..
Maybe it would be better if you called them '1 of the greatest' rather than 'the greatest'?

I know in Harves' case I would find it difficult to say he was greater tha Baldock or Stewart.

mcadam05
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
jackal wrote:
You have a case...
Maybe it would be better if you called them '1 of the greatest' rather than 'the greatest'?

I know in Harves' case I would find it difficult to say he was greater tha Baldock or Stewart.
Baldock played 119games over 7seasons how can u compare him too a guy whos played over 350games in 20seasons

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Re Essendon, Dick Reynolds with 3 Brownlows, John Coleman with none, would be a mile in front of James Hird. I am sure he would say that himself.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:I'd be interested to see how well Kouta stacks up against such elite company.

you might be,....we aren't...this is a saints site ffs...geeze you are a real pest.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

stinger wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:I'd be interested to see how well Kouta stacks up against such elite company.

you might be,....we aren't...this is a saints site ffs...geeze you are a real pest.....
Indeed it is. Last time i checked Hird, Buckley, Voss, Ricciuto hadn't played for the saints though. Was simply implying there is a fair whack of talent (possibly - in Harveys case) exiting the game this year.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

couldn't agree more

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
stinger wrote:

Indeed it is. Last time i checked Hird, Buckley, Voss, Ricciuto hadn't played for the saints though. Was simply implying there is a fair whack of talent (possibly - in Harveys case) exiting the game this year.
well saikd Baby blues and your welcome on to the site with your views regardless of embarrassing comments above.....

“Yeah….nah””
luckysaint
Club Player

Teflon wrote:well saikd Baby blues and your welcome on to the site with your views regardless of embarrassing comments above.....
Not as embarassing as when a poster takes it upon him/herself to be the moral fibre of a footy website.

Look everyone, i can see a really tall horse! It might even be of the trojan breed :roll:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

luckysaint wrote:
Teflon wrote:well saikd Baby blues and your welcome on to the site with your views regardless of embarrassing comments above.....
Not as embarassing as when a poster takes it upon him/herself to be the moral fibre of a footy website.

Look everyone, i can see a really tall horse! It might even be of the trojan breed :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: