Kosi's Contract

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ashjam
Club Player

Kosi's Contract

I have it from an impeccable source that the reason Kosi has not signed with St.Kilda is that the club is only prepared to offer him a 2 year deal and Kosi wants to sign for 3.

This information is a fact.

Our club is in the hands of fools.

Something must be done to rid ourselves of Butterrs and Archie Fraser.

If we were to lose Kosi over this........fair to say there would be trouble.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

contracts dont get sorted out overnight...they take time as loads of cash is at stake...

let them sort it out and have faith in the club

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'm certainly no fan of RB or the flying Scotsman, but I don't know that you are being fair.

To me, it seems like they are adopting a reasonable approach with a player who - on past performances - runs a greater than average risk of serious injury. Presumably the club wants to avoid another Hamill-type situation.

I guess it's a matter of brinksmanship on both sides: the club trading on Kosi's clear preference to keep playing with his mates and Kosi trading on the possibility of signing with a Carlton or some other desperate bunch that would give him a longer, more lucrative contract.

I hope that it is simply that, and that eventually one side will blink.

Time will tell.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
ben_fff
Club Player

I think the club is doing the right thing, Kosi owes St Kilda a bit, we've always stuck with him, played him every opportunity, he needs to prove himself a bit more before he starts dictating contract terms, 5 - 10 good games a year doesn't cut it.