Ferguson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Ferguson destroyed LeCras in the first half.

Played on Wirrpanda in the third quarter, and then back on LeCras in the last quarter.

Was the recipient of a shocking holding-the-ball decision against him, but I thought he looked composed and solid, especially early.

Solid game IMO.

Fair dinkum ... evertonfc obviously believes that it is entirely possible to have 22 Bartel's running around each week ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
DK27
Club Player

Was at the game last night and thought Ferguson's effort to tackle was a bit weak at the time. Taped the game and watched the incident in slow motion and Le Cras pushed Ferguson off square in the face which is illegal high contact!!! Should have been a free to Ferg. Have you guys who are criticising him ever tried to tackle someone when your head is being twisted off your torso??

Someone else was critical of Fraser for missing the mark when he was behind Glass and appeared to fumble the mark. In slow motion, Glass turns his back on the ball, taking his eyes off it and clearly chops Gehrig's left arm from front on. On TV they were saying how great Glass was in the contest where it was obviously a free to Fraser.

The TV commentators also praised Glass for his front on contest against Kossie in the last quarter. Yes it was brave and this time he did keep his eyes on the ball, but the Eagles guy behind Kossie had his left arm pinned and again was a pretty clear free in front of goal for us.

I get pretty cranky when the umpires are inconsistent and just keep getting it wrong. They tend to let the game go a bit in pressure situations and hate giving frees for shots on goal. I could go on with more examples but it really gets us nowhere. It is over. We lost. Give Ferg and Fraser some slack as if the umpires were on the ball the result could have been different.

DK27
Club Player

Ferguson had a good game. I didn't mention this in my last post. He held LeCras pretty well and the only worry was being beaten on the lead for pace a couple of times. Le Cras had 5 kicks. One opportunists goal from a snap, one on the lead and the last one which was clearly a free to Ferguson for the high, face push off contact. He should definitely play next week and would be a good first match up on Pettifer. Ferg is good overhead but will always struggle a bit on the lead against quick players. If our midfield play well and slow the opposition ball movement then it makes backmen like him look good.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote: Practically his first game??? What drugs are you on??

He has been on the list for 5 YEARS!!

Havn't played the game LMAO I've played my whole life you troll..

Watch the game?? I was at the game you donkey

Eagles guy running into OPEN GOAL and Ferguson FALLS OVER.. IN FRONT OF HIM FFS!!!

Obviously NONE of you have played a game of AFL in your life and your confused with another game called soccer where people fall over for no reason.

I hope you are all there first training session next week to personally congratulate Ferguson as a truly magnificent effort in stopping that goal. On second thought why don't you nominate that heroic effort for the AFL Army Award..
dribble dribble dribble.... standing up there all by yourself on your pretty pink peddle stool... I must say the pink really brings out the colour of your eyes. :shock:

Wow I am impressed :roll:

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote:
Spinner wrote:Thats a bulls*** post from someone that has obviously not played the game....

Ferguson was extremely good tonight in the conditions he was forced into. It was was practically his first game. Against good opposition and under a midfield that provided so much delivery out of the centre. He was also forced to play very DEEP.

Well Done Ferg.

M Maguire is a player you should be filthy on. How long does it take him to realise he needs to play IN FRONT.
Practically his first game??? What drugs are you on??

He has been on the list for 5 YEARS!!

Havn't played the game LMAO I've played my whole life you troll..

Watch the game?? I was at the game you donkey

Eagles guy running into OPEN GOAL and Ferguson FALLS OVER.. IN FRONT OF HIM FFS!!!

Obviously NONE of you have played a game of AFL in your life and your confused with another game called soccer where people fall over for no reason.

I hope you are all there first training session next week to personally congratulate Ferguson as a truly magnificent effort in stopping that goal. On second thought why don't you nominate that heroic effort for the AFL Army Award..

Are you asking and answering your own questions there these days??????

Why is everyone dirty about that last goal??? There was nothing in front of him....LaCras would have gotten past anyone.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Ferguson destroyed LeCras in the first half.

Played on Wirrpanda in the third quarter, and then back on LeCras in the last quarter.

Was the recipient of a shocking holding-the-ball decision against him, but I thought he looked composed and solid, especially early.

Solid game IMO.

Fair dinkum ... evertonfc obviously believes that it is entirely possible to have 22 Bartel's running around each week ...
Yep

agreed...

would like evertonfc to read my remark and respond :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

So the question still remains...

Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, that goes without saying...

But, I just get p1ssed off with comments from people that rely on television footage to form their opinions....

More so, the crapola that is served up in this latest television deal....

Yes, most of us realise that network 10 was the "little lap dog" to 9 , and their coverage was not up to "the leading bidder, in 9"......

But who would have thought that channel 7 would be behind network 10 :?:

We get a player, who has battled injuries, been delisted and re drafted ...

been emergency on about 10 occasions ...

played his first game and kept a good player near kick less in the fiist half

and ended up with 2 goals kicked against him, made some great tackles and passed off to Roo for a goal ....

Yep...

I can see that the doubters must have watched CHANNEL 7's coverage of the match and were not there at the match...

Hint....

Channel 7 is piss poor, and if any poster is to make an assumption of a player, whilst only watching a coverage from Channel 7, really needs to reassess IMO :roll: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!