SAINTS v tiggers...radio broadcast times in perth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

SAINTS v tiggers...radio broadcast times in perth

NIRS--11.30 to 3
6pr--12 till 2
720--12 till 2

thanks to the peanut for putting this info on westofmoorabbin.com

bruce i'm becoming worried where i'm heading
couldnt read the broadcast lineup & was about to give you a call to find out the times,looked up the top of the screen & saw this zoom chyt...
what the heck pressed it & hay pressto it got larger
pressed it again & it got larger
pressed again got even larger
pressed again & what do you know was large enough to read

at the rate of knots i'm going the past couple of weeks
1/using internet room up in syd
2/using bloody zoom for the 1st time

i'm well on my way to becoming a fully fledged NERD

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Re: SAINTS v tiggers...radio broadcast times in perth

rogerwa wrote:i'm well on my way to becoming a fully fledged NERD
In that case bring your Sony Vaio with wireless PCP/IP Internet to the Civic and we can huddle around and read the Saintsational game thread in the beer garden :roll: :lol:

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

i'd better back off a bit roo..all this high tech chyt is giving me a headache

are you going to the civic on sat if so lets know

ps....forgot to tell you last week that in syd at the aftergame thingy i met up with accaintance of yours :wink:

dont know what she thinks of me...1st met her 2 yrs ago & i was pyssed met up with her 2 wks ago in syd & i was still pyssed

Mr X from the West
Club Player

"....and Reiwoldt marks! Looks to play on but decides to go back and have a shot at goal. This kick will puts the Saints in front for the first time today. He comes in, kicks and.....

We have to leave it there folks and cross to Subiaco where the Eagles are taking on the Bombers in Kevin Sheedy's and James Hird's last matches in Essendon's colours......we will keep you up to date with progress scores on the Saints/Richmond game...."

Yeh. Brilliant.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

ya got it word for word x..how many times have we heard that over the yrs

The Peanut
Club Player

Proud of you Roger . . . don't spend too much time down at those seedy internet cafe's in Northbridge showing off your skills to unassuming tourists.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:"....and Reiwoldt marks! Looks to play on but decides to go back and have a shot at goal. This kick will puts the Saints in front for the first time today. He comes in, kicks and.....

We have to leave it there folks and cross to Subiaco where the Eagles are taking on the Bombers in Kevin Sheedy's and James Hird's last matches in Essendon's colours......we will keep you up to date with progress scores on the Saints/Richmond game...."

Yeh. Brilliant.
more like "now we are going to cross to the pregame bullshite on why the eagles are the greatest team in the history of the game with our expert pannel glen jackovich adrian barrich basil zemplis and good old george grizzleguts !! "

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Mr X from the West wrote:This kick will put the Saints in front for the first time today.
Here's hoping we hear that particular piece of commentary two minutes into the first quarter, and not 22 minutes into the last.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

So what's the point about going to the Civic if the radio broadcast cuts out at 1:50 or whatever it is to cross to Stupid Yacco. Better stay at home and tune into a Melbourne radio station via the Internet (that's web streaming for you Roger) if you want to listen to the whole game.

Another opportunity awaits!
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

moccha the whole game is broadcast on NIRS

11.30 till 3

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Roger - where do you find NIRS on the radio?

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

not quite sure but i think it might be the old curtain radio 6nr which is just past 6pr on the dial...i used to listen to 6nr a lot yrs ago,always seemed to have a fair bit of sport on it
i'll give it a try & see if its the one

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

the number is 98.7 fm

good luck trying to pick it up...tried & tried,got stations all around it but cant pick it up

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:the number is 98.7 fm

good luck trying to pick it up...tried & tried,got stations all around it but cant pick it up
roge you gotta get a radio with a digital tuner

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

trav ya got no idea the trouble i had trying to get the number
went to the yellow pages...no nirs listed
went to the white pages nothing listed

then got this bright idea why not go stright to the horses mouth..phoned up the dept of aboriginal services,spoke to a lovery young lady who went out of her way listening to the predicement i was in (without calling me a dykhead) & she said i'll put you through to so & so who has something to do with culture & whatever..anyway after waiting a couple of minutes the phone went dead,couldnt be stuffed phoning back thought i'd just try the radio..backwards & forwards for 1/2 still couldnt find that station & getting mighty pyssed off by this time & was on about my 4th beam when my son walked in & seeing i was stressed out to the max with bloody phone books,pens & paper all over the bench asked if he could help etc

told him the story & he said why dont you just google???? it...yeah right...he comes back after a couple of minutes & says here it is 98.7 fm...beauty back on the radio i hop going from one end of the dial to the other for another 1/2 bloody hr & still no luck...the beam count by this time was about 10 then had another classic brain wave go out to his car & try & get it there same story no luck as a matter of fact i think i wiped his reception :lol:

john, i think you owe me a beer mate for the 2 hrs of stress i went through...all this to listen to a game of bloody footy

dimwits gotta be held responsible

Mr X from the West
Club Player

So Rog I take it that NIRS doesn't exist, and if it does, we can't pick it up?

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

does exist & does carry the footy...vicki told me that she has listened to a couple of swans games on there when they hadnt been broadcast by the major networks..was going to ask her to pick the station up for me but by this time i'd had a gut full

a bit of homework for you lot...give it a try
hope you have more luck than i did

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Another opportunity awaits!