the difference between the blues and the saints.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

does anyone have a link to TankingCarlton?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i just typed talkingcarlton .com into google....got me in.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

stinger wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:[

Yes Collo was working for the AFL...how do you think they found out about the intricate details of the rorting (intricate details that he himself was congratulated for by the AFL when we got done for them the first time - ironic really).

He jumped ship from Carlton, pointed the finger at us and Elliot (who does not deserve pardon from the blame) and them came back us our 'saviour' with the sole agenda of shifting us to HIS Telstra Dome in order to line his own pockets. When it all got too much for him and he was found out, he had to go for 'health reasons'. The health reasons was he got a cat scan and it came back negative! :roll:

Collo pointed the finger at us as he thought the AFL would go easier on us if he was able to knock elliot down from his thrown (a long time thorn in the side of the afl). He was wrong. We got spanked by penalties. He wasn't man enough to challenge those rulings either, letting his ego rule over his heart yet again. It was better to show 'how bad elliot made the club' then worry about how it would hurt the club longterm.

Collo always had an agenda and i dont think he'd be legitimately be able to say that he ever put Carltons best interests at heart.

If you've got that case handy, i wouldn't mind a read though.

cry me a rivers ffs....in a later post you say that these sleazlebags have put the scummers back on track....which track.???..the one leading to interstate re-location..????

.you are still crap...and still getting flogged out on the park ..even with your million and one early draft picks......no guts...no glory.......just tanking and shoving your nose in the trough for more pig's swill in the form of early picks.......

...your club disgusts me......
My club could provide world peace, cure world hunger, cancer and AIDS all in a day in you would still be disgusted by it. It's not my job to change your mind stinger.

You are well aware that we have been put back on track (off-field) and have got enough smart people on board to ensure the same happens on-field.

You are also aware (though will never agree) that your club is more likely to move interstate than carlton. Keep firing out your insults and spitting venom because you know that your time to do so is indeed running out.

You have made your thoughts known repeatedly. They are noted.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:[

My club could provide world peace, cure world hunger, cancer and AIDS all in a day in you would still be disgusted by it. It's not my job to change your mind stinger.

You are well aware that we have been put back on track (off-field) and have got enough smart people on board to ensure the same happens on-field.

You are also aware (though will never agree) that your club is more likely to move interstate than carlton.

You have made your thoughts known repeatedly. They are noted.

if you believe that crap, you are sillier than i thought....what have i ever stated that is not true...your club's...

...currupt....

....been caught cheating....

...is tanking for draft picks...

....is still playing crap football.....

...and is morally bankrupt....

...whilst you may be currently financially sound provided tricky dickie keeps putting his hand in his pocket. the old fool is past it.....he won't be around all that long...

.....there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of the saints ever being shipped off interstate, numbnuts...so don't hold your breath for that to happen.....

...you posted......

"Keep firing out your insults and spitting venom because you know that your time to do so is indeed running out. "

presumably you are referring to the st kilda football team......is our time running out is it.....you wish, clown...you wish......

you also posted....

'My club could provide world peace, cure world hunger, cancer and AIDS all in a day in you "

....what a load of hot steaming horsecrap.........you club is a football club....and a very corrupt one at that......world peace...ffs...get real........or grow up.....

ps...i will continue to make my thoughts known.......get used to it .....

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

Obviously you are incapable of grasping abstract concepts stinger.
As if i believe my club is capable of world peace! :roll:
Do i believe that you will be shipped off interstate? No! :roll:

Point is, no matter how much good Carlton can do in the world from this day forward your opinion wont change. I accept that and frankly couldn't care less.

The fact that you pass things off as facts such as "morally bankrupt" shows how deep your hatred goes. :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:Obviously you are incapable of grasping abstract concepts stinger.
As if i believe my club is capable of world peace! :roll:
Do i believe that you will be shipped off interstate? No! :roll:

Point is, no matter how much good Carlton can do in the world from this day forward your opinion wont change. I accept that and frankly couldn't care less.

The fact that you pass things off as facts such as "morally bankrupt" shows how deep your hatred goes. :lol:
and i could give a half eaten fat rats clacker for your views.........????????????

...you shouldn't be even on this forum, you little dropkick...and you can't take a hint that you are not wanted......so you are a bit like your club...no pride...no self esteem...no morals......

of course your club is morally bankrupt.....it cheated on the 15 other clubs..........ffs.......who is it that has a tenuous grasp on reality......?????

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its carlton who cares carlton is the one club thati could care less what happens too we all know they will stuff up their choice of draft picks and sink down again .. heck if they get pick one and 3 this year then why not tank again next year get pick 1, 2 & 3 and then tank again the year after and get pick 1, 2, 3 & 4 ?? carlton have no impact of bearing whatsoever with the saints any more they suck so badly im i dot even hate them anymore

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

all my thoughts on this subject were set out in my original post........

JeffDunne

Mr Magic wrote:JD,
DIdn't the whole sorry saga come to light when Fraser Brown had an issue with the ATO over what he had actually received from Carlscum and someone at the AFL 'twigged' that the amount he claimed he had been paid was far more than what Carlscum had declared they paid him?
You're getting your cheats mixed up. There's been so many at Carlton it is hard to keep up. The case you're refering to is Williams and all this came out AFTER they had been fined a $1m and had their picks removed.

Fraser Brown did put his foot in it, but he was part of the SOS/Bradley investigation that led to the penalties. Fraser Brown refused to co-operate with the AFL investigation (probably because his construction company was part of the scam with players not raised in the initial investigation.

This is a quote from subsequent issues raised at the time.
Carlton also faces questions about whether it breached the Corporations Law after Labor senator Stephen Conroy, a passionate Collingwood supporter, asked ASIC chairman David Knott, a Carlton fan, in a Senate hearing if the accounting practices behind the hidden payments would be investigated.

Knott said ASIC would wait for the result of the AFL's salary cap investigation but had already contacted the club and the AFL.

"We think it's quite appropriate that the inquiry should be conducted by the league," Knott said.

"We have asked the AFL to advise us if in the course of their investigation any matter arises that should be examined under the Corporations Act. We have also made our position plain to the auditors."

Conroy called on ASIC to guarantee that the AFL would refer all matters to the corporate watchdog. "It's not good enough to just leave it up to the AFL - there are many conflicts of interest," he said.

Conroy raised a comparison with American energy company Enron, which collapsed this year in an accounting scandal. "Some of these practices at Carlton would make Enron executives blush," he said
Seriously, I can't believe they got off so lightly.
I don't know enough about Pratt being involved with Elliott at that time, but I do believe he had nothing to do with Collo or Smorgon.
Pratt resigned as a director a couple of years before Elliott got the flick. He tried to distance himself from the whole mess. I'm led to believe an AFL commissioner suggested to him it would be wise to do so. When Collo took over the club again, Pratt withdrew his financial support (as did others).

Smorgon and Pratt are corporate foes and have been for a couple of decades. There's a lot more to that story but most of it has little to do with Carlton. Smorgon's interest in taking on the Carlton job was probably largely ego because of it though.

Pratt and Elliott are close friends. Pratt is on the record claiming Elliott 'the best football administrator he has seen'. It was Elliott that convinced Pratt to get involved again despite Kernahan being given the credit. That was another sell job.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JD, Thanks for the information. :)

I had heard that Pratt withdrew from Carlton becuase of the lack of support he received after a physical fight he had with Percy Jones in the Social Club one game?

His enmity with Smorgon is well known and you are correct, it has nothing to do with Carlscum.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

As someone who is first and foremost a football fan, I think it is a tragedy to see a great and proud club brought to its knees by a succession of the ACCC's, ASIC's and the National Crime Commission's "most wanted".

I feel really sorry for players like Lappin, Whitnall, Kouta, Fev (yes even Fev) and others at Carlton who've got real ability and have spent the best part of 5 seasons playing for a club which has had an official policy of not trying to win: how soul-destroying would that be?

And all these draft picks that they keep getting don't seem to be making them much stronger.

There is an all-pervasive myth in the AFL world that the Saints tanked 3-4 seasons to build up our strength through the draft. As we all know, it is a load of garbage: but, sadly, I think the likes of Carlton and to some extent Richmond have attempted to emulate what we never actually intended to do. The result has been to deskill their players to some extent, and develop a losing mentality.

We could well have ended up going down the same path, but RB and GT actually chose to try to make a run for the top of the table asap - first by the initially unsuccessful strategy of recruiting Blight, Hamill and Gehrig - and then by trying to build a team around the young stars we had recruited and having a real go. That's the crucial difference between us and the Blues IMO.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
HarveysDeciple

Will this be the worst game in history?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Will this be the worst game in history?
We may see a game where the defenders score more than the forwards. I reckon there will be a record number of 'rushed' behinds.

Can you imagine if with under a minute to play and one team has just scored a point to tie the scores, the fullback who is about to kickout may well run the footy through for a point to lose the game.

Or alternatively, one of the forwards might 'attack' the guy kicking out to force a 50 meter penalty, and then deliberately run over the mark to force another one. He could keep doing it until the guy with the ball is up on his own attacking goal line. Forcing him to score.

Can you imagine some of the scenarios we could see here? :)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:Will this be the worst game in history?
We may see a game where the defenders score more than the forwards. I reckon there will be a record number of 'rushed' behinds.

Can you imagine if with under a minute to play and one team has just scored a point to tie the scores, the fullback who is about to kickout may well run the footy through for a point to lose the game.

Or alternatively, one of the forwards might 'attack' the guy kicking out to force a 50 meter penalty, and then deliberately run over the mark to force another one. He could keep doing it until the guy with the ball is up on his own attacking goal line. Forcing him to score.

Can you imagine some of the scenarios we could see here? :)
Is it 4 or 4 1/2 for a pp??? cause if its the later could they just invade the ground and have it called a draw?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

4 wins (16 points).

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:[

and i could give a half eaten fat rats clacker for your views.........????????????

...you shouldn't be even on this forum, you little dropkick...and you can't take a hint that you are not wanted......so you are a bit like your club...no pride...no self esteem...no morals......

of course your club is morally bankrupt.....it cheated on the 15 other clubs..........ffs.......who is it that has a tenuous grasp on reality......?????
Baby Blues, as far as I'm concerned you're welcome on this forum so long as you mind your manners, which you do.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Baby Blues, as far as I'm concerned you're welcome on this forum so long as you mind your manners, which you do.

babybluescum posted.....

"You are also aware (though will never agree) that your club is more likely to move interstate than carlton. Keep firing out your insults and spitting venom because you know that your time to do so is indeed running out. "

....that's not minding it's manners, st byron...and not the first time...its manners are only thinly guarded.........wake up and smell the roses.... :roll:

asiu

am i right in presuming your not a fan of the carltoon footy club shark ?

:lol:

i'm sure thats the 'vibe' i'm gett'n

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:am i right in presuming your not a fan of the carltoon footy club shark ?

:lol:

i'm sure thats the 'vibe' i'm gett'n
you presumed right gazza.........scum of the earth......

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:[

Thankyou st.byron.

Unfortunately stinger sees red everytime i post something and fails to analyse the logic involved. As such, insults follow every post i make. He fails to realise that it doesn't phase me.

From that quote stinger left though....
Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Dimwit say that the AFL needs a fit and healthy Carlton in victoria? Is it too much to assume that we would be one of the last clubs forced to relocate should the AFL follow that path? Is it also too much to assume that the Dogs, Hawks, Kangas and Saints would be at the head of that list?

My team of choice is irrelevant when you look at the facts stinger. If you feel insulted by those comments then i suggest you stick your head back in the sand as its obviously healthier for you.

As for my manners...i have a right to defend myself. I do not come out and make outlandish comments about your club or any of the posters on here unless attacked first...and even then its never to the same degree as those attacks.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I think it's a fair comment to say that the Dogs and Kangas would be at the head of a re-location drive. Not sure about the Saints and Hawks though. Can't even imagine the Saints being moved from Melb. Especially since they have improved their financial status and member numbers. Hawks I don't know.
As for the AFL needing a fit and healthy Carlton in Victoria more than any other Vic based club, I don't see why that is so. Carlton is a shadow of the powerhouse of stability, on field performance and financial strength it was when I grew up. Any club that can no longer hold it's own in the comp due to financial stress, a poor fan base or poor performance on-field is vulnerable in my book. Times change and it could be Carlton. Favourite for a move, to state the bleeding obvious is the Kangas. After them, I don't know, but I do think there's an agenda to whittle the Melbourne teams down to 8.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:I think it's a fair comment to say that the Dogs and Kangas would be at the head of a re-location drive. Not sure about the Saints and Hawks though. Can't even imagine the Saints being moved from Melb. Especially since they have improved their financial status and member numbers. Hawks I don't know.
As for the AFL needing a fit and healthy Carlton in Victoria more than any other Vic based club, I don't see why that is so. Carlton is a shadow of the powerhouse of stability, on field performance and financial strength it was when I grew up. Any club that can no longer hold it's own in the comp due to financial stress, a poor fan base or poor performance on-field is vulnerable in my book. Times change and it could be Carlton. Favourite for a move, to state the bleeding obvious is the Kangas. After them, I don't know, but I do think there's an agenda to whittle the Melbourne teams down to 8.
spot on st byron...

.at least you have a better grip on reality than the little pest, baby bluescum

the little flower thinks he/she..(or more like it,a bit of both)...can come on here and insult saint supporters and talk crap about a crap team that no-one here gives a fig about.....

as i said before it has about as much pride and self respect as it's flowering team...... :lol: :lol: 8-)

saints will continue to flourish..whilst the cheating scum will continue to flounder...thus increasing it's likelihood of folding...or being relocated interstate.....sooner than later....and the sooner the better...... :evil:

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

I couldnt give a fats rats clacker if the scum fell off the face of the earth tomorrow. As far as Im concerned it's off to work tomorrow for another day's pay for an honest day's work. U hearing me Carlton? Honest!!! :evil:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Yep have to agree with you Stinger and JPBFC.
Long may Carlton suffer and wallow in the depths. If they disappeared I couldn't care less.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:I couldnt give a fats rats clacker if the scum fell off the face of the earth tomorrow. As far as Im concerned it's off to work tomorrow for another day's pay for an honest day's work. U hearing me Carlton? Honest!!! :evil:

a variance on an old line.....

......there are none so deaf as those who don't want to hear....

....and the little scummmer certainly doesn't want to hear you...or me...or the truth.....