Kayne Pettifer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No it was on website like this. So it is a rubbish rumour with absolutely no factual evidence at all. We might start one about Leigh Fisher wants out.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:why do ppl think clubs will jump at our tird round or forth round draft pick ??
would we trade any of our starting 22 for a fourth round ???
the comment that this years draft is weak so we may as well trade the third and fourth ... dont you think the other clubs know that and would see a 4th round a pretty s*** option ??

seriously you get what you pay for with trades
Dude, please brush up your posts...seriously, because what you say is worth reading - so don't hide it in the SMS and MySpace-esq jibberish!

Everything above is spot on, but like so many others, I gloss over posts where attempts at puncuation and grammar (even just basic stuff - paragraphs, starting sentences with capital letters, etc) haven't been made.
Sorry :roll:
its hard to post while answering phones serving customers and over seeing first year apprentices

i type quickly and dont proof read what i type i am also shocking at english so if you dont like the way i post then oh well ill get over it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Nick_Stone29
Club Player

Was watching the SANFL during the week and i think Luke Jericho from the Crows could be one worth looking at for a Flanker who has some pace and can take a grab. Has failed to gain a regular spot with the Crows for a few seasons now maybe attitude, or a Welsh/Bock/ Burton hindering his spot.A chance to play tmrw night as Welsh is in doubt.

Petiffer is soft as butter and is an ordinary kick. Look at the Rich v Bris drawn game if you want to see first hand.

Others we should look at are Tennace ,Prismall OR Callan.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Nick_Stone29 wrote:Was watching the SANFL during the week and i think Luke Jericho from the Crows could be one worth looking at for a Flanker who has some pace and can take a grab. Has failed to gain a regular spot with the Crows for a few seasons now maybe attitude, or a Welsh/Bock/ Burton hindering his spot.A chance to play tmrw night as Welsh is in doubt.

Petiffer is soft as butter and is an ordinary kick. Look at the Rich v Bris drawn game if you want to see first hand.

wouldnt mind prismall

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:why do ppl think clubs will jump at our tird round or forth round draft pick ??
would we trade any of our starting 22 for a fourth round ???
the comment that this years draft is weak so we may as well trade the third and fourth ... dont you think the other clubs know that and would see a 4th round a pretty s*** option ??

seriously you get what you pay for with trades
Dude, please brush up your posts...seriously, because what you say is worth reading - so don't hide it in the SMS and MySpace-esq jibberish!

Everything above is spot on, but like so many others, I gloss over posts where attempts at puncuation and grammar (even just basic stuff - paragraphs, starting sentences with capital letters, etc) haven't been made.
Sorry :roll:
its hard to post while answering phones serving customers and over seeing first year apprentices

i type quickly and dont proof read what i type i am also shocking at english so if you dont like the way i post then oh well ill get over it
Appreciate that - we're all under the pump - but just out of respect for the board :)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Nick_Stone29 wrote:Was watching the SANFL during the week and i think Luke Jericho from the Crows could be one worth looking at for a Flanker who has some pace and can take a grab. Has failed to gain a regular spot with the Crows for a few seasons now maybe attitude, or a Welsh/Bock/ Burton hindering his spot.A chance to play tmrw night as Welsh is in doubt.

wouldnt mind prismall
Completely agree, he should be cheap aswell however most Geelong supporters seem to think that he does have a place at their club and he is just not getting a game under the circumstances, but why change something that is working so well. So I wouldn't mind trading a third round pick and Brooks for him because I don't think having another ruckman/tall forward would do them any harm, certainly make players like Mooney and Blake have to earn their spot...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

wouldnt mind prismall
Completely agree, he should be cheap aswell however most Geelong supporters seem to think that he does have a place at their club and he is just not getting a game under the circumstances, but why change something that is working so well. So I wouldn't mind trading a third round pick and Brooks for him because I don't think having another ruckman/tall forward would do them any harm, certainly make players like Mooney and Blake have to earn their spot...
They would want Brooks for sure. 8 games in 6 years. Why dont we try and get Prismall for a 5th round and also give them M Clarke and Phil Raymond.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

wouldnt mind prismall
They would want Brooks for sure. 8 games in 6 years. Why dont we try and get Prismall for a 5th round and also give them M Clarke and Phil Raymond.
What did we get Birss for?, wasn't it just a third round pick or something like that, at the moment Birss and Prismall are on equal ground so I can't see Geelong getting much more than a 3rd round pick and fringe player. But I would think that Geelong would rather a Ruck/Forward fringe player than a midfielder, without Ling and Bartel they still managed to remain more than competative with the 2nd best team in the comp...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:What did we get Birss for?, wasn't it just a third round pick or something like that, at the moment Birss and Prismall are on equal ground so I can't see Geelong getting much more than a 3rd round pick and fringe player. But I would think that Geelong would rather a Ruck/Forward fringe player than a midfielder, without Ling and Bartel they still managed to remain more than competative with the 2nd best team in the comp...
I'll put this in short: No.

Birss had a crack with the Dogs, wasn't up to it and remember that pick (43) yielded us Gardiner AND Birss.

Prismall on the other hand IS rated, and they're not stupid, they wouldn't want Brooks.

Second rounder may tempt them.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

After yesterday has anyone changed their opinion of him?
If we did get him we would have atleast 4-8 goals less kicked against us (depending on how many times we play Richmond.)
However maybe his price will have gone that little bit higher...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

7th rounder + Raymond should do the job :D

Seriously, his value is now probably above what we'd be prepared to pay.

I can't see us forking out what Richmond would want, and I can't see them willing to compromise.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I don't think a 4 goal game would really increase his value that much at all

Carpe Diem
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:I don't think a 4 goal game would really increase his value that much at all
I'd say it would have to Richmond.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cant believe this thread. A guy who barracks for the Tigers says lets trade so all of a sudden he is on the market. Does anyone who went to the game really think he will be traded. If he is it is first round.

Cirra
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:
Small forwards don't win you matches. They add percentage.
As much as I hate him Jeff Farmer is a match winner at his best and he is a small forward.

"When we get back on November 5 and walk through that door, we're getting on a bus together and we're going down the road to a premiership. You're either on the bus or you get run over," Roo at the B&F 2007

In 2012, I'm still on the bus.
dascman
Club Player

As maligned as Pettifer is, I reckon he would fit in extremely nicely at St Kilda. You saw how well he played yesterday on us. He was a real nuisance in the forward line, and would be an extremely handy 3rd-tall type player that I've alluded to in another post that I think we need.

Could be another Fiora type situation, where a fresh start could bring out the best in him. He is just a whipping boy as it is at Richmond, very similar to Fiora, but maybe a change of scenery would do wonders for him.

I don't think he's up for trade anyway, but I think he would definitely fit in at St Kilda.

And some of the suggested trades (i.e. Sweeney/Brooks/3rd or 4th picks etc.) are just laughable. If you don't want him, just say so, because all of those sorts of suggested trades are just completely unrealistic. He is worth at least a 2nd-round pick, and I don't think I would be prepared to part with that. So perhaps we won't be seeing him. Some of the other suggestions have made for humorous reading. No wonder it's called silly season.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Kayne is probably the AFL's laziest, most selfish player.

Dosnt shepard, dosnt work for his team mates, and plays only for himself.

Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously hasnt watched the bloke play LIVE while not in possession of the ball.

strauchanie
Club Player

Don't understand why everyone's opinion has changed of him after one game. He has been a very good player for the last 2 years and is the second best player in the Tigers forward line after Richo. There's no way they would trade him for anything other than a 1st round pick.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

strauchanie wrote:Don't understand why everyone's opinion has changed of him after one game. He has been a very good player for the last 2 years and is the second best player in the Tigers forward line after Richo. There's no way they would trade him for anything other than a 1st round pick.
He is a good player and he would look very good in a St.Kilda forward line, that is all I care about, Richmond should be going for a youth policy and Kayne should not be chosen over the possibilty of young talent, only legends of the club like Richo should be exempt....

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
strauchanie wrote:Don't understand why everyone's opinion has changed of him after one game. He has been a very good player for the last 2 years and is the second best player in the Tigers forward line after Richo. There's no way they would trade him for anything other than a 1st round pick.
He is a good player and he would look very good in a St.Kilda forward line, that is all I care about, Richmond should be going for a youth policy and Kayne should not be chosen over the possibilty of young talent, only legends of the club like Richo should be exempt....

He is a good player???

bulls***...How amny times have you actually watched the bloke live?

Only against StKilda I would imagine....and during those games when do you actually watch opposition players closely when they're playing your team.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

He is a good player???

Only against StKilda I would imagine....and during those games when do you actually watch opposition players closely when they're playing your team.
I will admit that I have not seen a lot of him this year, but I have seen a fair bit of him over the last few years, I honestly believe that under Roo and Kosi he could develop into a very dangerous forward and I am very well aware the only reason why he kills us is because we don't have a suitable matchup, but how many teams would have a suitable matchup for Roo Kosi, Milne and Pettifer? None and that is where he could really hurt teams...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

He is a good player???

I will admit that I have not seen a lot of him this year, but I have seen a fair bit of him over the last few years, I honestly believe that under Roo and Kosi he could develop into a very dangerous forward and I am very well aware the only reason why he kills us is because we don't have a suitable matchup, but how many teams would have a suitable matchup for Roo Kosi, Milne and Pettifer? None and that is where he could really hurt teams...

His work ethic is appalling....I basically dont have time (and neither should football clubs) to persist with selfish players.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Cant believe this thread. A guy who barracks for the Tigers says lets trade so all of a sudden he is on the market. Does anyone who went to the game really think he will be traded. If he is it is first round.
i agree...he won't be on the table...ffs...some of you need to get real.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Hold onto your hats...this sort of speculation could go on for months...

:P

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ive been saying the exact same thing about Jericho for 2 years! Wouldnt cost an arm and a leg like Didak, Robertson or Pettifer either. Fiora for Jericho straight swap anyone?

BTW there is a reason his own supporters refer to him as Pathetifer

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum