ins and out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn wrote:
eppo67 wrote:Jones in front of Armo. What a joke.
wat the hell r u on about?'

have u seen armo play in the VFL?

he struggles to run out games, meaning he is not
fit!
Can I ask this - why isn't he fit? After 22 weeks of matches and a full pre-season, including the NAB games, how can he not be fit?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

fit!
Can I ask this - why isn't he fit?

Young Body, application and some minor injuries during the year.

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

fit!

thankyou plugger :wink:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

fit!

Application? Please elaborate. As in, he wasn't putting in on the track? Wasn't the same thing said about Sweeney? Concerning.

And young body? Justin Westhoff has the physique of a 12-year old and is holding down a KPP position in a top-two team after being picked in the final round of the draft...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

fit!

Application?

And young body? Justin Westhoff has the physique of a 12-year old and is holding down a KPP position in a top-two team after being picked in the final round of the draft...
Application at training and maybe he cant get fit enough because of injuries he has been carrying.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

oh good we are going to give richmond a few easy marks on their half back line when clint gets the ball :evil:

I hope he proves me wrong, but his disposal is atrocious.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Just wondering, it wouldnt be possible would it,if harvs announced his retirement at the end of this game would he?
Each time i hear about new retirees i always get worried to hear any saints... thommo is pretty much done and harvs is still a huge question mark !

Go saints in '09!
saintsrule
Club Player

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:Just wondering, it wouldnt be possible would it,if harvs announced his retirement at the end of this game would he?
Each time i hear about new retirees i always get worried to hear any saints... thommo is pretty much done and harvs is still a huge question mark !
We Need to play players like raymond and sweeney otherwise there was no reason in drafting them

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:And young body? Justin Westhoff has the physique of a 12-year old and is holding down a KPP position in a top-two team after being picked in the final round of the draft...
Westhoof is 20 years old, will be 21 in October.
Armitage turned 19 in June.

So westhoff has about a bit under 2 years on Armo.

Westhoff has also been playing SANFL for central districs(who made the gf last year) and are arguable the the dominant SANFL team over the past while.

Simple, Westhoof had played senoir footy prior to being drafted. He is not just some 18 year old outa the TAC cup or anything, playing against men is nothing new to him.

Carpe Diem
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

saintsrule wrote:
i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:Just wondering, it wouldnt be possible would it,if harvs announced his retirement at the end of this game would he?
We Need to play players like raymond and sweeney otherwise there was no reason in drafting them
yea exactly so if harvs was playing next year.,... he wouldnt be included or would he? Thus, he would make room for young kids to play in a dud game!

Go saints in '09!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

They must have promoted Geary. Was BOG a couple of weeks ago for the Scorpions. To me it seems stupid to promote him, name him as an emergency, and not play him. Unless if Adelaide beat Collingwood they give him a run, resting X Clarke or L Ball.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Re Thommo, I see he is selected for Casey Scorpions in the Centre. I wonder if he was given the option which team he wanted to play for this weekend? He may have picked the Scorps for their final campaign.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsrule wrote:
So you think we should play 2 guys who are in Scorps seconds because they havent had a chance to prove themselves at the Saints. They have proved they are not good enough by being in the Scorps seconds.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Good to see Ferguson get back to back games.

Also, I probably could have predicted MSG's thoughts on the selection, word for word. Except his slight backhander to Harvs.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

well said otiman - I agree on ferg give the guy some confidence.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

geary and thommo will both get a run if the filth lose........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Also on Ferguson, with Voss out I would really like to see him in the forward line this week. We have ENOUGH back flankers, we need to start developing some of these guys, like Ferguson and Gwilt into potent forwards.

HarveysDeciple

borderbarry wrote:They must have promoted Geary. Was BOG a couple of weeks ago for the Scorpions. To me it seems stupid to promote him, name him as an emergency, and not play him. Unless if Adelaide beat Collingwood they give him a run, resting X Clarke or L Ball.
I believe thats exactly what will happen if adelaide wins.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:I believe thats exactly what will happen if adelaide wins.
Can anyone clarify the rules on promoting rookies? I know that there was a deadline regarding rookie promotions a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure of the exact conditions. Maybe we are allowed to promote a rookie if it is another rookie going on the LTI list.

Would love to see Geary get a chance this year, but not sure if it's possible.

killa_gram
Club Player

As I posted under the thread with "Thommo" as the title. Thommo has been told that he will get a run if the Pies lose. So he has to wait and see what happens Fri night. If we do make the finals it looks like we might have seen the last of Thommo in a Saints jumper. Shame it has to end this way for him.

As for CJ, he had a cracking game in the VFL last week.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Interesting choices.

I assume CJ's getting a run with a bit of prove it or lose it attached. His first 3 games were okay, though not justifying the hype some gave him, his last 2 have been well below AFL standard and not justified the extent to which many have completely written him off. Nonetheless, for a 23 year old who has no trouble with the 1%ers and athleticism, he needs to prove he's not a liability with the ball. 56% eff. is woeful.

I assume further that the selection is based on the selection panel's view that he can help us win.

As to Thommo, while if there's no finals chance he'll get his las run around, let's be blunt: he's been a wonderful servant to the club, but has been at best a 2nd tier player since the core emerged in mid 2k3 that the Saints have been and will continue to be built around. I have always liked Thommo, but this isn't Loewe or Burke where you'd expect him to ceremoniously hand on his number, and the fans to turn out in numbers to say goodbye. It's not like he'll be the only outgoing player without a goodbye game, and it's not like he'll be the highest profile either.

As to the posts suggesting Watts or Brooks ought to have been selected... well, I suppose that just goes along with the thread title...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Bono
Club Player

tomorrow's team is 100% dependant on the result of tonight's match. It change depending on if Adelaide win or not.

Gehrigs_son
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
Gilbert The Great wrote:Does that mean Gwilt will be played up forward or back?
Will play on Riewoldt or Schulz.
play on Schulz in the stands, he's not playin

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:tomorrow's team is 100% dependant on the result of tonight's match. It change depending on if Adelaide win or not.
I assume this is more in relation to the rehab of Ball, X, and perhaps a few other niggling injuries, rather than a "send off" game for a few people. I would be disappointed otherwise.

Thommo of all people surely wouldn't want to be selected for a send-off game if he didn't deserve the spot to begin with, he just strikes me as an overtly humble guy. (note: personal view only, i don't know thommo so i can't speak for him!)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
Bono wrote:tomorrow's team is 100% dependant on the result of tonight's match. It change depending on if Adelaide win or not.
I assume this is more in relation to the rehab of Ball, X, and perhaps a few other niggling injuries, rather than a "send off" game for a few people. I would be disappointed otherwise.

Thommo of all people surely wouldn't want to be selected for a send-off game if he didn't deserve the spot to begin with, he just strikes me as an overtly humble guy. (note: personal view only, i don't know thommo so i can't speak for him!)
I actually think it would be the other way around. Why would you rest anyone for one day. If there are changes which I doubt it would be to give them a send off.