Paul hasleby

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Paul hasleby

Out of contract, and out of favour with Mark Harvey.

Has been dropped for disciplinary reasons for this week.

IMO we should look seriously at him in trade week if we could find a suitable deal... im not sure what they would want for him though...

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

how old is he?

cos he already seems passed his best

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Hes only what... 24/25?

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Re: Paul hasleby

Well he has won three Ross Glendinning Medals ... that's almost as good as three Anzac Day Medals ...

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

gotta give to get........so who ya gonna give up...........

he stacks up possies...is he at all pacey?

“Yeah….nah””
Carl Mynott
Club Player

Over rated by a long way,he's on a par with Petiffer,we need better than these GOP's if we'd like to see the Saints win another flag in this millennium

:P

The more things change the more they stay the same
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Would definitely give up a second round pick and any of McQualter/Gwilt/Ferguson/Watts/Rix. Although the only chance of a trade like that going through would be if Freo were desperate to offload him.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well he packs a six-pack....unfortunately it is the wrong type!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
vacuous space
SS Life Member

He's a Lenny Hayes type player. Gets lots of ball and has amazing skills. Won't set the world afire with his pace, but he won't get burned too often either. He's had fitness issues the last couple of years, prior to that he hardly ever missed a game (or a target).

He's a gun. There's no way Freo would trade him for less than a first round pick though. If they'd do it for ours, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Trade a first-round pick??? NEVER in my book!!!!

Even in a shallow draft your first rounder is the most likely to be the bloke who'll play 200 games and be in your leadership group for years. Doesnt always happen of course, but thats the mindset you have to have going into the draft I reckon.

Haselby can be a class act on his day no doubt, but he does his knee Round 1 and we might as well have donated that 1st Round pick to the Salvos.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
quidnunc
Club Player

Brooks/McQualter/R Clarke/Watts - all first round picks - not sure any are going to play 200 games!

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

quidnunc wrote:Brooks/McQualter/R Clarke/Watts - all first round picks - not sure any are going to play 200 games!
I believe I qualified my statement with "doesnt always happen" :-) I reckon Roo, Kosi. BJ, Ball and even X are every chance to play 200

Brooks and Watts were traded for first round picks..the defence rests your honour :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:Haselby can be a class act on his day no doubt, but he does his knee Round 1 and we might as well have donated that 1st Round pick to the Salvos.
Surely that is a risk with any player at any time? It's no reason not to do a trade ...

I'd look at Haselby if he was available. He's a very good midfielder, and that's what we need more of. I'm not sure I'd offer a R1 draft pick though ... but R2 and a player? Yep.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

too old, slow and unskilled

god knows how he won those three derby medals

if i see him in a saints jumper next season i wil not be happy - he is a perfectly good waste of a draft pick and/or a player

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Sam23
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:too old, slow and unskilled

god knows how he won those three derby medals

if i see him in a saints jumper next season i wil not be happy - he is a perfectly good waste of a draft pick and/or a player
He is 26.

and has been v. good all season.

He's overweight, so he needs to lose a good 5-10 kgs imo.

I'd give Pick 28 + R. Clarke

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'd take him in a flash: and would certainly give up a first round pick for him. But we'd have to stand at the end of the queue methinks.

He's certainly been a bit overrated by the media at times: he's not in the class of Lenny IMO.

But - if you can get him fit and motivated again - he'd no doubt deliver at least another 100 or so good quality games and he'd be a good fit at the club: allowing us to use Ball and NDS as more attacking players.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
GrumpyOne

Riewoldting wrote:Well he has won three Ross Glendinning Medals ... that's almost as good as three Anzac Day Medals ...
Didn't McGough win one of those?

SaintHomer
Club Player

Riewoldting wrote:Well he has won three Ross Glendinning Medals ... that's almost as good as three Anzac Day Medals ...
i'd argue that it's better. the eagles/freo sides have been much better than filth/bombres over the past decade. much better standard of footy even if the crowd is smaller.

not sure i'd trade for him though. seems to go missing at times.

hotdish
Club Player

Hasleby has been plagued by OP for the last two years, thus his performances have suffered.

He's a top 50 AFL player when fit - he will tear it up next year, but no chance of getting him to the saints.

I would take him for a second rounder, but i'm sure he doesn't want to leave.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I would love to have him but again not really willing to give much up for him so I can't see him coming, what about Headland, he has been suspended aswell if he were to be out of contract at seasons end I think I would rather him... add a bit of mongrel to the team :twisted:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Headland is out of contract Armoooo

busso mick
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:I would love to have him but again not really willing to give much up for him so I can't see him coming, what about Headland, he has been suspended aswell if he were to be out of contract at seasons end I think I would rather him... add a bit of mongrel to the team :twisted:
The Desert Head is a downhill skier of the highest calibre, he is the biggest frontrunner on the Dockers list. Haselby would be a much better choice, the other one can kiss his tatt.

bendigo bob
Club Player

no...No... and NO. Not worth picking up. Heres a novel idea how about we get someone with pace.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I would love to have him but again not really willing to give much up for him so I can't see him coming, what about Headland, he has been suspended aswell if he were to be out of contract at seasons end I think I would rather him... add a bit of mongrel to the team :twisted:
The Desert Head is a downhill skier of the highest calibre, he is the biggest frontrunner on the Dockers list. Haselby would be a much better choice, the other one can kiss his tatt.
From the few games I have seen this season he is one of them that looks like he gives his all, In a tight game I think they just lost against Collingwood earlier in the season he was their best player.

You have to admit he would look good in a St.Kilda jumper, We really have missed Hamill Headland could be what we need.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd definitely do a deal for Hasleby.

They'd want pick 10-15 for him; I'd be prepared to give up 25-30 + a player.

Whilst we obviously need more speedy outside midfielders, he's one type of midfielder we'd kill for, actually. Someone to helps Hayes take on the load against the likes of West, Mitchell, Kirk, etc.

I'd also do a deal for Headland, but the price would have to be very low. I reckon he needs to be away from WA to play his best footy. He's too comfortable there.

I'd swap our first and fourth picks for both of them + their third rounder.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.