Andrew Johns on drugs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:I reckon he popped an E before he took he interview.

Licking lips, jaw moving, grinding teeth.

I'm 95% sure he took one before the interview.
lololololol - mabye he didn't completely turn out his pockets properly in London :wink:

Seriously though, he always talks like that. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. His brother got the brains, he got the footy smarts.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
killa_gram
Club Player

Quick Dimwit look the other way, pretend it has nothing to do with you and tell us how good the AFL drug testing regime is. :roll:

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

(I have seen the needle and the damage done - apologies to Neil Young).

Oh thanks JB..now Ill have that song in my head for the rest of the day ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Illicit drugs are bad
Mmmm-kay
joffaboy wrote:His brother got the brains, he got the footy smarts.
Who, Matty??! Oh dear God ... :shock:

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
carn_sainter
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
(I have seen the needle and the damage done - apologies to Neil Young).

Oh thanks JB..now Ill have that song in my head for the rest of the day ;-)
it is a classic...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

personally I dont care what he does in his spare time, thats not my concern, if he's broken the law arrest him or whatever.

what the issue is, is taking drugs in season to elevate his mood, confidence, or give him a biological high, a stimulation that is illegal and thus cheating.

now he does drugs who really cares, cheating in game by taking performance altering drugs is basically cheating.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

killa_gram wrote:Quick Dimwit look the other way, pretend it has nothing to do with you and tell us how good the AFL drug testing regime is. :roll:
Look, in Dimwit's defence, he seriously has no clue what he's doing so why change a drug policy if you have no idea what to change it to??

If you were in his shoes, you'd do the same....just bury your head in the sand and blow up the Channel7 theft of documents issue and ride that wave for as long as you can.

Joffaboy - excellent post....as a father of 2 girls also, it's frightening to think of them growing up with so many tempters to take drugs around....no point in pretending it's not there....it is, nearly everyone gives it a go at some stage, and it's a game of Russian Roulette if you'll end up OK at the end....lucky for most you end up OK and move on.

IMO I wish they could test for excessive alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking, and somehow set limits and incorporate those two drugs onto the list.

Sure, some level of booze is should be allowed (differing to illicit drugs where it's zero tolerance), perhaps some blood testing is required??

Problem with random testing is that it's random, and like Johns, many will get away scott free.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:His brother got the brains, he got the footy smarts.
Thats one brain dead family if Matthew "Reg Regan" Johns is the brainy one.

(for thise unaware, Reg is the "ex footballer" type character Straunie was shamelessly ripped off from, but is far more annoying, if such a thing is possible).

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

The comments about Matthew Johns being stupid are completely incorrect.

He's a very bright and committed person who's far more intelligent that the comical personas he adopts for the footy show. He's also got quite a good league brain - much better than many used to give him credit for.

He's also a strong contributor to community work and is admired for his willingness to do the little things that make a difference to people in distress (sick children, their parents etc.) He takes a genuine interest in them, he doesn't just run through the motions.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

JB, that whole rant of yours had alot of good points, and alot of terrible ones

legalising illicit drugs?!?!

how bout ACTUALLY punishing drug makers/dealers/users

they should give that a try

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: legalising illicit drugs?!?!
yeah you are correct, should have said decriminalise rather than legalise.

we need to help the users and punish the suppliers.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)