Today's scuttlebutt from Caro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Today's scuttlebutt from Caro

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/t ... 19891.html

Nothing about Bedwell being involved.

GT is continuing to make trouble.

The challenge continues to sound highly credible.

It sounds like Butterss is going to have to be dragged out kicking and screaming.

It also sounds as if Caro has really turned on Butterss now.

Gee we are good at airing our dirty linen in public. Perhaps we could turn St Kilda into a reality TV show...........

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
osama milne laden
Club Player

I love the accompanying photo ... journos, sorry, 'sub-editors', never make mistakes do they

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
my les foote
Club Player

osama milne laden wrote:I love the accompanying photo ... journos, sorry, 'sub-editors', never make mistakes do they
Can't you see Grant in the crowd?

Win it for HIM!
JeffDunne

osama milne laden wrote:I love the accompanying photo ... journos, sorry, 'sub-editors', never make mistakes do they
Interesting way for Dale Thomas to bring "his crowd into the gamee " :lol:

Should be an interesting day on SaintSational too. The mod's have my sympathy already.

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>Butterss did not return calls from The Age last night

I wonder if Caro called Thomas (Grant, not Dale-e)

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

"....Thomas at the time said publicly that he would never hurt St Kilda, that he loved the club and would put it first at all times...."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh stop it, my sides are aching. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Re: Today's scuttlebutt from Caro

meher baba wrote: Gee we are good at airing our dirty linen in public. Perhaps we could turn St Kilda into a reality TV show...........
Survivor XII Moorabbin?

Scary how Google images brought pu Thomas and Friends on the first page.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

As I commented in an earlier thread, St Kilda are the kings of public forum commentary. Why the farck, just for once cant the whole mess be kept in house.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Is this really a problem?

In this day and age, are Board challenges and in-fighting really an issue?

The only issue is that it scares players away - I highly doubt that would happen.

Or scare members away - why would anyone not buy a membership based on 'off-field trouble'?

Or scare off sponsors - that's possibly the only concern.

It will settle down - once all parties are gone.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:"....Thomas at the time said publicly that he would never hurt St Kilda, that he loved the club and would put it first at all times...."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh stop it, my sides are aching. :roll:
lol!!!

mischa.....please help!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

:wink: Oh I just thought it was an action shot of GT and RB slugging it out......

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
mischa
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: lol!!!

mischa.....please help!!!
Your obsession with me is underwhelming :roll: :roll:
Why don't you go do something useful like help little Johnny and Dubya win the Iraq War, instead of cheering from the sidelines. I hear they could use the help.Go on suit up!

saint24601
Club Player

take it outside fellas.

RB has to go. Where do I sign to spill the board?

JeffDunne

I do find it amazing that we've allowed this situation to develop regardless of the merits of the claim. I hope other disgruntled employees have been dealt with in a more professional manner.

The whole situation should have been resolved 12 months ago and the deal to have a payment based on not criticising the club or individuals at the club has to be one of the most bizarre termination agreements a club has had with a disgruntled ex-coach.

saintlee
Club Player

Re: Today's scuttlebutt from Caro

meher baba wrote:http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/t ... 19891.html

Nothing about Bedwell being involved.

GT is continuing to make trouble.

The challenge continues to sound highly credible.

It sounds like Butterss is going to have to be dragged out kicking and screaming.

It also sounds as if Caro has really turned on Butterss now.

Gee we are good at airing our dirty linen in public. Perhaps we could turn St Kilda into a reality TV show...........
I just hope this doesn't become as messy and unprofessional as the Carlton board saga.....although they did end up with Pratt's millions, so it may be good in the end....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I do find it amazing that we've allowed this situation to develop regardless of the merits of the claim. I hope other disgruntled employees have been dealt with in a more professional manner.

The whole situation should have been resolved 12 months ago and the deal to have a payment based on not criticising the club or individuals at the club has to be one of the most bizarre termination agreements a club has had with a disgruntled ex-coach.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The two-part writ, which St Kilda must respond to within 28 days, included a $100,000 demand Thomas claimed was promised to him upon his sacking on the condition that he did not criticise the club or individuals at the club

Gee that is not an ambit claim :roll:
Good luck in securing that payment GT :lol:

Wonder what price GT has put on his "pain and suffering" as it must kill a bloke who bleeds red white and black to be in this position :lol:

I must admit the sooner we rid ourselves of Punch (GT) and Judy (RB) the happier I'll be, I have had a gut full of the two of them!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
JeffDunne

I wonder if that agreement included a condition that individuals at the club wouldn't publicly slag Thomas.

How would you possibly know his chances of a successful claim if you don't know what's in the agreement? :?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

This money grubbing, howard voting scum wants to sue the club for $270,000 which includes over $160,000 in annual leave and holiday pay

perleeeeezzzzzze

This grub already fleeced the club of 2.5 million dollars, as if $500,000 a year over five years wasn't enough for this untried, unproven megalomaniacal dictator in the first place

He should pay back some of the money he was already overpaid for sending the club backwards by stuffing up our recruiting with his boy wonder bundy

Over $160,000 in annual leave and holiday pay, oh c'mon be serious

Yeah Grant loves the club alright, it's been his biggest cash cow for sometime now and he's still trying to line his own pockets at the clubs expense

He recieved every cent of the 2.5 million he was paid for his five years of service as a coach where he completely stuffed up our football department and now he wants to try and rort some more dollars from the club he supposedly loves and bleeds for, yeah righto

IF ANYONE should be recieving money it should be all the players that took 22.5 cents in the dollar to ensure that there is still a St.Kilda football club in existence today and you guessed it Grant Thomas was not one of them

Without them there would be no football club or is that cash cow for this parasitical arsewipe to try and fleece money from

Interestingly enough while so many players made financial sacrifices to keep this club alive Grant Thomas was never owed one cent, made sure he recieved his full entitlement and then pissed off to North where he thought he could make more money there.

The only bleeding of red, white and black that this money grubbing, svengali snake oil salesman and conman does comes off the clubs bottom line

Loves the club, yeah sure he does, after all the club has already paid him over 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS, but even that's not enough for this pissant :roll:

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:I do find it amazing that we've allowed this situation to develop regardless of the merits of the claim. I hope other disgruntled employees have been dealt with in a more professional manner.

Oops, my internet crashed midway through my post! :evil:

What I was trying to post was the following:-

That I have had some experience in both lawsuits and counter claims and the 10 page 'statement of claim' by GT is probably filled with 'legalized ambit claim'.

My guess is that the 'holiday pay' claim is just that and the nub of the claim is probably the 100k GT feels he is owed and the Club obvioulsy feels he is not entitled to.

As to JD's question on whether the 'clause' also prohibited GT being publicly slammed - I would doubt it very much. IF it was in the agreement then GT would be able to sue for breach of the agreement and since he apparently hasn't mentioned this in his 'statement of claim' it most likely wasn't in the original agreement.

BTW, there are many instances in industry wherre there are 'non-disclosure' and 'non-compete' clauses in termination agreements, but I don't recall too many (if any) which have a 'subsequent payment' attached to it.

JeffDunne

Mr Magic wrote:BTW, there are many instances in industry wherre there are 'non-disclosure' and 'non-compete' clauses in termination agreements, but I don't recall too many (if any) which have a 'subsequent payment' attached to it.
I agree. I've signed a few myself.

I would have thought a termination settlement 12 months ago with the appropriate clauses would have not only prevented this, but would have prevented the need for Rod to go public slamming GT like he did on SEN.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thomas can f**k off. What a complete jerk he is showing himself to be. Would never hurt the club, bleeds red, white and black. My white ar*e. He's just a self-interested turkey with a bleeding ego looking for a way to hit back. Am so over him.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:BTW, there are many instances in industry wherre there are 'non-disclosure' and 'non-compete' clauses in termination agreements, but I don't recall too many (if any) which have a 'subsequent payment' attached to it.
I agree. I've signed a few myself.

I would have thought a termination settlement 12 months ago with the appropriate clauses would have not only prevented this, but would have prevented the need for Rod to go public slamming GT like he did on SEN.
Obviously it wasn't included or else GT's lawyers would have certainly included it in their 'statement of claim'?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Thomas can f**k off. What a complete jerk he is showing himself to be. Would never hurt the club, bleeds red, white and black. My white ar*e. He's just a self-interested turkey with a bleeding ego looking for a way to hit back. Am so over him.
I understand your frustration and anger, but if he is owed the money he is entitled to get it. I know if I was owed money I would do everything I could to get it. (That's not to say his claim is valid, I don't know whether he is owed or not)

He obviously can differentiate between StKilda the football team/club and StKilda his employer for 5 years.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: How would you possibly know his chances of a successful claim if you don't know what's in the agreement? :?
To be honest JeffDunne in this instance I doubt the actual wording will be of little interest as the mitigating factor will be the legal cost verses the nominal figure.

I know enough about Legals to state the following...

1/ 90% + of these type of claims are directed to mediation prior to finding there way to Court

2/ Over 90% of these type of claims are settled at mediation

3/ Ambit claims are always part of any writ from the issuing party with the express purpose of negotiation the reason for inclusion

4/ No matter the wording or expression of the document there will be so much grey area in the relation to the public comments that GT has made regarding StKFC that the nominal amount involved ($100K) would be eaten in legal cost if fought in court

The outcome IMO - GT wants his holiday pay and entitlements and will drop the ambit claim on receipt of the aforementioned in mediation.

I’d take a punt on this outcome if anyone is interested :wink:

Perhaps stinger would like to comment…

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.