Today's scuttlebutt from Caro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
st.byron wrote:Thomas can f**k off. What a complete jerk he is showing himself to be. Would never hurt the club, bleeds red, white and black. My white ar*e. He's just a self-interested turkey with a bleeding ego looking for a way to hit back. Am so over him.
I understand your frustration and anger, but if he is owed the money he is entitled to get it. I know if I was owed money I would do everything I could to get it. (That's not to say his claim is valid, I don't know whether he is owed or not)

He obviously can differentiate between StKilda the football team/club and StKilda his employer for 5 years.
Holiday pay or annual leave or other contracted entitlements that he's legitimately owed, OK. But $100k so long as he didn't slag the club. What a foofin' wanker. He spent the whole year on radio undermining the Saints.

asiu

This money grubbing, howard voting scum......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thats as far as i got ...... :lol: .....i might stretch this read out over the whole day .....i'm sure its another classic ode of love to gt

(wheres greensborough ?)

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>This money grubbing, howard voting scum

b4e, you're sounding more and more like andrew bolt from that paper you so like to read and quote, the herald-sun

i assume the above label is being tossed at grant thomas

next thing you'll be telling me rodddddd and archie are devoted devourers of 'das kapital' (and i'm thinking you haven't read it either)

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

For the conspiracy theorists how is this for a long straw....

RB's comments about GT underminning the club (mid season) were planned purely to ensure GT didn't get his $100K.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:[but if he is owed the money he is entitled to get it.
The two-part writ, which St Kilda must respond to within 28 days, included a $100,000 demand Thomas claimed was promised to him upon his sacking on the condition that he did not criticise the club or individuals at the club.

Thomas has claimed a further $167,000 in holiday pay made up of annual leave payments and more than $30,000 in public holiday payments.

The Saints are expected to claim that Thomas did not make good his promise not to besmirch St Kilda or the reputations of key Saints directors and officials.

Thomas at the time said publicly that he would never hurt St Kilda, that he loved the club and would put it first at all times.

The sacked coach, who recently settled another legal dispute involving $1 million allegedly owed to Butterss, signed a statutory declaration while he was still at the club which stated he had taken all the annual leave he was owed. Thomas is now allegedly claiming he was pressured to sign that declaration.

Thomas has already signed a statutory declaration stating that he has already taken all the annual leave he was owed.

How clear is that!!!!!!!!!!

His legal position looks flimsy at best and obviously he is hoping to fleece more money out of the club who would realise how costly a legal hearing would be.

Grant Thomas is a conman who will say and do anything, much like John Howard, who by the way he votes for, if it suits his agenda at the time.

I sincerely hope the club reveal the true extent of the agitating behind the scenes that this machiavelian maestro has been orchestrating privately, which is why he is not being paid the other $100,000 because he did not meet the conditions of the settlement agreement.

Grant Thomas has already been paid 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS by this football club with three all expenses paid overseas holidays disguised as training camps and now he wants to take the football club to court for money he is not even entitled to.

To think of all the players that made huge financial sacrifices and who were paid a paltry 22.5 cents in the dollar to keep this club in existence and then to see this pissant making dubious claims to sue the club even after he's already been paid 2.5 MILLION makes me wanna puke

Signed a stat dec and now says that he was pressured > FAIR ******* DINKUM, perleeeezzzze

The pissant said he loved the club, would put it first at all times and never do anything to hurt St.Kilda

Yeah righto
:roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
JeffDunne

Mr Magic wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:BTW, there are many instances in industry wherre there are 'non-disclosure' and 'non-compete' clauses in termination agreements, but I don't recall too many (if any) which have a 'subsequent payment' attached to it.
I agree. I've signed a few myself.

I would have thought a termination settlement 12 months ago with the appropriate clauses would have not only prevented this, but would have prevented the need for Rod to go public slamming GT like he did on SEN.
Obviously it wasn't included or else GT's lawyers would have certainly included it in their 'statement of claim'?
Obviously what wasn't included?

I'd have thought non-disclosure clauses would have been part of any agreement. I think you're replying to my earlier post and not the one you quoted. I doubt the club would have made any undertaking as I floated earlier - they couldn't be that stupid could they?

JB, I agree with your mediation post and no doubt this is an ambit claim. However I think the whole payment-for-silence arrangement is one of the more stupid termination agreements I have heard of.

Surely paying a bloke what his entitled and confidentiality clause would have been enough? If he's not disclosing confidential information then who would really care what he has to say, unless of course you have something to hide?

JeffDunne

What part of "allegedly" don't you understand Andrew? :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:What part of "allegedly" don't you understand Andrew? :roll:
What part of
signed a statutory declaration while he was still at the club which stated he had taken all the annual leave he was owed.
doesn't Thomas understand?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:.

I would have thought a termination settlement 12 months ago with the appropriate clauses would have not only prevented this, but would have prevented the need for Rod to go public slamming GT like he did on SEN.
Obviously it wasn't included or else GT's lawyers would have certainly included it in their 'statement of claim'?
Obviously what wasn't included?

I think you're replying to my earlier post and not the one you quoted.
Yep :)

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>JeffDunne wrote:
>>>What part of "allegedly" don't you understand Andrew?

But b4e knows everything about Thomas - including how he votes ... and feels free to post this personal and private information on a public forum

Ironic (and some would say hypocritical) considering the outbursts we've experienced from b4e in the past about alleged breaches of his own personal and private information by someone at the football club

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

osama milne laden wrote:>>>JeffDunne wrote:
>>>What part of "allegedly" don't you understand Andrew?

But b4e knows everything about Thomas - including how he votes ... and feels free to post this personal and private information on a public forum
Ironic (and some would say hypocritical) considering the outbursts we've experienced from b4e in the past about alleged breaches of his own personal and private information by someone at the football club
Thomas publically declared his support for John Howard!

Clear enough for you, numbnut?

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

And the relevance or otherwise of that would be?

Half the country supported Howard at the last election. It seems likely that less than that will this time. So what? Exactly how does that effect GT's coaching history, or current legal claim?

FAIR DINKUM!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:What part of "allegedly" don't you understand Andrew? :roll:
What part of
signed a statutory declaration while he was still at the club which stated he had taken all the annual leave he was owed.
doesn't Thomas understand?

there is a remedy to duress in contracts law.

Signing something under duress can make the document non binding.

Up to the court to decide if it was or wasn't signed under duress.

Would like to know what the duress was - sing this or we weill sack you?? :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>Clear enough for you, numbnut?

nice turn in abuse

>>>Thomas publically declared his support for John Howard!

Did this fact, like most of your others, come from your beloved 'Howard-loving' Herald Sun????

For the suburban anarchist from the leafy suburbs you apparently are, you seem to be quite a Murdochophile ...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

osama milne laden wrote: Did this fact, like most of your others, come from your beloved 'Howard-loving' Herald Sun????

For the suburban anarchist from the leafy suburbs you apparently are, you seem to be quite a Murdochophile ...
Thomas said on SEN that he was a Howard man - nothing to do with the Herald Sun :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>Thomas said on SEN that he was a Howard man

sure he wasn't referring to Brad?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

osama milne laden wrote:>>>Thomas said on SEN that he was a Howard man

sure he wasn't referring to Brad?
They were talking about Rudd and Thomas said "I am a little Jonnie man. Why you would want to change when things are going so well is beyond me"

Now if Brad Howard has changed his name and is PM you may be right.

Lance or James??

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>They were talking about Rudd

Rudd or Rodd?

JeffDunne

Can I ask Andrew, who do you think Rod votes for?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

osama milne laden wrote: Did this fact, like most of your others, come from your beloved 'Howard-loving' Herald Sun????

I don't buy or read the herald sun numbnut, and I wouldn't even buy a copy if tey had a five page editorial on Robert Harvey and a life size poster of Michael Rix

Which bit of " I refuse to buy or support that scummy right wing rag " do you not understand, u fair dinkum nuffie

Can you say the same thing?

thought not

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>I don't buy or read the herald sun numbnut

more abuse

But you have relied on 'that scummy right wing rag' to support your case on a matter in the past though ... no?

>>>Which bit of " I refuse to buy or support " do you not understand, u fair dinkum nuffie>>>Can you say the same thing?

and even more abuse

For the record, I don't buy it either (but we're different as I don't quote it when it expediently suits me)

>>>thought not

But just like your namesake (Bolt) you too make your mind up on things before anyone has a chance to reply

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
osama milne laden wrote:
I don't buy or read the herald sun numbnut, and I wouldn't even buy a copy if tey had a five page editorial on Robert Harvey and a life size poster of Michael Rix

Which bit of " I refuse to buy or support that scummy right wing rag " do you not understand, u fair dinkum nuffie
What paper do you read?

asiu

this one

edit....click the image ....should b able to read it

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Can't Thomas and the Club go visit a priest?

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
JeffDunne

gazrat, you do make me laugh. 8-)