Today's scuttlebutt from Caro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
I don't think GT is consciously trying in any way to damage the club. He must firmly believe that the removal of RB will be of benefit to the club. He might be wrong, he might be vindictive, but I think it is unfair to accuse him of being disloyal, as some are doing.

Why must he???

From what I have been told it is all about revenge.......and nothing about what is best for the Saints.

also from what I have been told he is doing many and combined actions aimed at revenge...not just in RB's role at the club...but in other aspects of his life as well.

The conclusion I have reached is that GT is not that nice a guy....

...and it is not just Demetriou either.

Look at his recent experience at The Age.

Look at his experience at the Kangaroos....

Look at what a few posters on this forum who have actual first hand experience with GT have said...it is all negative. I don't recall one positive post from someone that has worked with him.

Spot a pattern?? Is there a trend?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Look at what a few posters on this forum who have actual first hand experience with GT have said...it is all negative.
I've met him.

He was fantastic.

Having said that, I couldn't give a shiit if he was Ghandi or Hitler - he has no relevance to my club therefore is as irrelevant as anyone else who comments publicly about anything St.Kilda.

The hold he has over people however, is brilliant.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Look at what a few posters on this forum who have actual first hand experience with GT have said...it is all negative.
I've met him.

He was fantastic.

You left out this bit..""I don't recall one positive post from someone that has worked with him. ""

Have you worked with him or for him....or done business with him?

If the answer is no....then your having "met" him is not really a valid assessment of anything.

The Peanut
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:The hold he has over people however, is brilliant.
. . . those words are so true but then again he works at it - corresponding warm article in the newspaper comes out at the same time as he is sticking it up to the club. He knows what he is doing. - he ain't completely silly.

He was great for the club but an outright bully - that's one of the things I liked about him when he was a coach - as it was needed at the time.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
I've met him.

He was fantastic.

You left out this bit..""I don't recall one positive post from someone that has worked with him. ""

Have you worked with him or for him....or done business with him?

If the answer is no....then your having "met" him is not really a valid assessment of anything.
Do players that played under him count as having 'worked' with him?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

I've met him.

He was fantastic.

Why was he fantastic?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

It would if they had posted on the forum.

You really do have trouble reading posts and understanding simple points don't you.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

You really do have trouble reading posts and understanding simple points don't you.
Yes.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

So what do Knobel, Spida, Hall, Guerra, Capuano etc etc have to say about GT??? Do tell.

Are they all glowing in there praise about how he got the best out of them????

Maybe we should ask Fiora????

Or do you just want to resrict it to the young guns that had played under no one else????
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 07 Sep 2007 2:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

So what do Knobel, Spida, Hall, Capuano etc etc have to say about GT??? Do tell.

Or do you just want to resrict it to the young guns that had played under no one else????
No, they don't post on this forum so they don't count.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

I've met him.

He was fantastic.

Why was he fantastic?
Because he lives in a fantasy world?

I have personally met grant Thomas. First time he came up and introduced himself at the AGM, was very personable and charismatic.

Second time he ignored my children and wouldn't even look at them as they asked for an autograph, just kept speaking to another bloke.

So what, if he had have snapped the pen in half and threw their autograph book in the mud, i wouldn't have cared if he had of delivered a premiership.

Never wanted to be his friend. Why people want to character assasinate him without knowing the man is beyond me. Sure take him to task on media comments or other statements he has made public, but some of the stuff said about the bloke reflect more on the poster than the target.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So why was GT fantastic when you met him?

Do tell.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: No, they don't post on this forum so they don't count.
You sure about that?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:So why was GT fantastic when you met him?

Do tell.
I approached him with some important stats that I'd compiled.

I had pages of them.

He asked me to sit down with him so we could go through them thoroughly.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:

So what do Knobel, Spida, Hall, Guerra, Capuano etc etc have to say about GT??? Do tell.

They have all played under Ross Lyon as well. I know that Sammy Fisher is glowing towards GT, even this year.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

They have all played under Ross Lyon as well. I know that Sammy Fisher is glowing towards GT, even this year.
Sam is a gun....

My point is that when situation arises where there is a "disagreement"...that things tend to get ugly.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Do tell.

I had pages of them.

TICK...question avoided again.

I think I have realised why some forumites call you Dogerfox...

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
I think I have realised why some forumites call you Dogerfox...
Really? Who does?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SOURCE wrote:In March ( 2006), someone closely affiliated with the club, and who I know, was lunching with (current St.Kilda player), who told him that GT had lost the support of the leadership group and others.

The reason given was that it was because he was clueless when it came to coaching. No tactics, just marketing-speak and then the players were sent out to the wolves.

At the time of the sacking, Riewoldt's reaction was not representative of many others. Note that you didn't hear or see this kind of carry-on from Max, Hamill, Lenny, Milne, either Fisher or just about anyone else. Most were surprised but that does not mean disappointed.

While I'm not going to name players publically, I do know that there are a few players that were rapt to see the back of him, but it is true to say that you will get that at any club with any coach.

It is a total myth that all the players loved Thomas, true there were three or four who he was like a second father to but overall many players were well over him and rapt to get a new coach.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
SOURCE wrote:In March ( 2006), someone closely affiliated with the club, and who I know, was lunching with (current St.Kilda player), who told him that GT had lost the support of the leadership group and others.

The reason given was that it was because he was clueless when it came to coaching. No tactics, just marketing-speak and then the players were sent out to the wolves.

At the time of the sacking, Riewoldt's reaction was not representative of many others. Note that you didn't hear or see this kind of carry-on from Max, Hamill, Lenny, Milne, either Fisher or just about anyone else. Most were surprised but that does not mean disappointed.

While I'm not going to name players publically, I do know that there are a few players that were rapt to see the back of him, but it is true to say that you will get that at any club with any coach.

It is a total myth that all the players loved Thomas, true there were three or four who he was like a second father to but overall many players were well over him and rapt to get a new coach.
Aww go on, name them.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

2008 is looking good!....

The Peanut
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:It is a total myth that all the players loved Thomas, true there were three or four who he was like a second father to but overall many players were well over him and rapt to get a new coach.
Thanks quite correct - no matter who you are there is no doubt that there will be one or two in that amount of people that you will have difficulty with.

It is my understanding that some of the senior players approached the board regarding some of GT's management strategies including the fact that GT had given young inexperienced leadership status beyond their capabilities. Apparently if a problem arose on the field it was only the senior players that noticed it and they didn't feel that it was their place to address it. Consequenlty the problem would exist until/if the coaching box noticed it. The younger players looked up to some of the senior players and automatically expected them to be the onfield leaders.

Nevertheless, the young leadership group are certainly the better for the experience from their on-field role in GT's time. GT did have strong people management skills and his personal relationship with some younger players has probably helped us in some ways - but it also caused serious problems when the board decided he had to go.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Terrific thread and a lot of great posts.

However, the funniest post I have read in three years on saintsational must go to rodgerfox.
rodgerfox wrote:

Do tell.

I had pages of them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

FWIW, I know some people who do voluntary jobs at the Club both during the week and on matchday and they say theat there are 2 GT's - the one you see publicly and a totally different one in private.

The main difference is:-

The 'public GT' bends over backwards to be friendly and accomodating when he thinks the public is watching.

The 'private GT' wouldn't p1$$ on you if you were on fire if he thinks he is not in the public eye.

His greatest strength, his unwavering self belief in what he is doing, appears also to be his greatest weakness. He is totally inflexible when it comes to criticism of him or his idea(s).

I have met him on 4 or 5 occassions and have never found him to be anything other than friendly, helpful and accomodating. The meetings were all 'public' ones.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:FWIW, I know some people who do voluntary jobs at the Club both during the week and on matchday and they say theat there are 2 GT's - the one you see publicly and a totally different one in private.

The main difference is:-

The 'public GT' bends over backwards to be friendly and accomodating when he thinks the public is watching.

The 'private GT' wouldn't p1$$ on you if you were on fire if he thinks he is not in the public eye.

His greatest strength, his unwavering self belief in what he is doing, appears also to be his greatest weakness. He is totally inflexible when it comes to criticism of him or his idea(s).

I have met him on 4 or 5 occassions and have never found him to be anything other than friendly, helpful and accomodating. The meetings were all 'public' ones.
Accurate summation.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.