Why are so many on this forum kissing Westaway's @rse?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Why are so many on this forum kissing Westaway's @rse?

For those who anoint Westaway as the savior I have two questions….

1/ What do you know about him?

2/ Why is he the great savior?

I think quite a few of you are kissing the butt of someone you know nothing about because his name is in the media and it is f@rking pathetic!

This thread in no way endorses the presidency of Rod Butterss

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Richter
SS Life Member

Anything you can tell us about him Joffa?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
JeffDunne

He's like everyone else who is successful in the transport industry - he's a prick.

Happy to hear what he's got to say but doesn't strike me as what we need in a president.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I believe there have been many questionable dealings with sub contracted drivers. Could be worth a scan through Industrial relations records if memory serves me correctly, but it is second hand information.

Having stated the above he is in an industry (Transport and Logistics) that is renowned for uncompromising business people – not that it is an excuse.

I have met him at least twice and he seemed a pretty personable guy, not sure I want him as President of StKFC though

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

There's an old saying that there is no such thing as an honest fortune. I think this is doubly true in the case of the transportation industry (although the late Gordon Barton, founder of IPEC, was an interesting and unusual sort of bloke).

Westerway has kept a relatively low profile over the years, so it's hard to know what he would be like.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't have clue who Westaway is. Before he became President of St KFC, I didn't know who Butterss was either.

What I do know is that I am a passionate Saints Fan and I don't like the way this whole situation is being played out in the media. I believe the club owes it to us, the members to inform us and keep us up to date with things (They would have a massive email and mobile phone database of members).

From what I have heard so far it is vitally important that both (or is that all three) groups get together and sort out their differences and sort out the best possible scenario to take the club forward. I can see a role for Danny Frawley in all of this as he is the only one that has talked sense in all of this. It could be that Spud has the ability to keep some oversized egos under control !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I too have no idea who Westaway is.

Before I could vote for him I would want to know

Who is his team and what their capabilities were?
What is ther plan for the Saints - shor, medium and long term

Until I know that, there is no way I could/would vote for them.

AND it is no good revealing your ticket at the last possible moment so there is no time for scrutiny.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:AND it is no good revealing your ticket at the last possible moment so there is no time for scrutiny.
Yes - excellent point.

Note the alternative ticket uses N.Burke as the face of the campaign to date.

Puppet?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:AND it is no good revealing your ticket at the last possible moment so there is no time for scrutiny.
Yes - excellent point.

Puppet?
I don't know if he is a puppet or not

butl he's a lot more credible than Bedwell. :)

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
Yes - excellent point.

Puppet?
I don't know if he is a puppet or not

butl he's a lot more credible than Bedwell. :)
:lol:

Have we even confirmed the Westaway and Burke link or is it purely speculation?

JeffDunne

Joffa Burns wrote:Note the alternative ticket uses N.Burke as the face of the campaign to date.
Care to show me proof?

Face of the campaign?

Where? Link? Story? Quotes? Anything?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:Note the alternative ticket uses N.Burke as the face of the campaign to date.
Care to show me proof?

Face of the campaign?

Where? Link? Story? Quotes? Anything?
See my post 2 minutes before yours!

JeffDunne

Sorry JB, I was responding to the first post. I'm pleased to see you were prepared to rethink your position.

Pity you didn't do that prior to slagging a club legend though simply because he has the nerve to be concerned about the direction of the club. :roll:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Pity you didn't do that prior to slagging a club legend though simply because he has the nerve to be concerned about the direction of the club. :roll:
Well you'd better include Spud Frawley in this mix as he had some pretty strong words directed at Nathan Burke.

Nathan Burke is involved in a ticket (stated by Frawley) whether that ticket involves Westaway is the only speculation.

JeffDunne

No doubt he's involved. That's not in question - your "face of" & "puppet" comments certainly are though.

Spud can say what he likes about Burke. He has earned that right. I didn't hear his comments so I can't comment any further on them.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:No doubt he's involved. That's not in question - your "face of" & "puppet" comments certainly are though.

Spud can say what he likes about Burke. He has earned that right. I didn't hear his comments so I can't comment any further on them.
Thanks JeffDunne, I'll request your advice in future on what I can and can not write :lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ok on Westaway????
What has he done for the Saints up till now?

What is his track record???

Does he have a track record??

I mean what a great time to "cherry pick" to come in as President...
*new coach installed and bedded down
*pretty handy list still with ALL major players re-signed
*finances healthy (but yes more $$ are always good)
*on a historical basis our membership is very high

The only really big issue is about rebuilding or building our training base.

Yes we can IMPROVE....but all in all it is agreat time for someone to want to come in.....

Not as many takers when the club was basket case......owed $million...and had a crap list.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 08 Sep 2007 5:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mcghee
Club Player

I think the media is stirring us all up, and you guys are falling for it. HOOK LINE AND SINKER...

Leave RB alone he is doing fantastic. Have you ever known a pres to do what he has done for the STK before him no....

Once again the media dictacts everything.....

mischa
Club Player

Wouldn't have a clue who Westaway was but at this point in time would be prepared to vote for Snow White and the Seven Dwarves..on Butterss disgraceful performance in the media alone :twisted: :twisted:

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I just want to know his first name - that would be a good start

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Maybe he only has one name, like Prince or Cher.