umpires killing the roos...and the game...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

the reason that the free kick count was against sydney and roos was simply because they were second to the ball all game and then when they got the ball getting tackled and pressured

if a side is getting smashed you would expect a lop sided free kick count

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

When the Swans got to 4 points Pies got the next 7 frees to zip and they were ordinary at best.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:When the Swans got to 4 points Pies got the next 7 frees to zip and they were ordinary at best.
.....and four of those were holding the ball frees that were absolutely red hot

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Geelong's supporters are right up there with the worst. This maybe a throwback to the neanderthal days which the Geelong area is only emerging from now, and a trip to Geelong will prove that people are walking on two legs rather than all fours..it's taken a while, but they are trying hard bless their souls. The real worry is people following Geelong from outside that region..why would you - one of the mysteries of footy life.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:The umpiring all weekend was terrible West Coast Sydney and Kangas were all fingered. Im waiting for Malthouse to pass comment on the free kick count 27-15 the pies way.Is this part of your conspitacy Eddie?
Even a free kick count this lopsided is probably, if anything, too favourable to the Swans.

Their approach to playing football involves systematic cheating.

Watch them closely in any game they play: constantly holding the man away from the umpire's gaze, endlessly diving on the ball and then trying to make it look as if it is the opposition holding it in, lots of little niggling illegal contact with opponents, lots of "dying swan" stuff, collapsing to the ground holding their heads when there was no contact, etc.

I know all teams do a bit of this, but the thing about the Swans is how each and every player does their bit and they neve let up. They expect - and rightly so - that the umpires won't have the bottle to keep caning them with free kicks for four quarters, and that some evening up will take place later in the match.

I am so glad that things went the way they did on saturday night. The way the Swans play football is a total blight on the game IMO.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
stinger
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:the reason that the free kick count was against sydney and roos was simply because they were second to the ball all game and then when they got the ball getting tackled and pressured

bull sh!t...blind freedie could see the pussies holding the ball in to the roos player...yet the maggots gave then frees for holding the ball....flowering disgraceful......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:the reason that the free kick count was against sydney and roos was simply because they were second to the ball all game and then when they got the ball getting tackled and pressured

bull sh!t...blind freedie could see the pussies holding the ball in to the roos player...yet the maggots gave then frees for holding the ball....flowering disgraceful......
Yet again, they GUESSED a decision.

I just widh they would only pay what they saw. I don't object as much to frees missed because they didn't see them.

But I am angry at how so many decisions are guesses.

The players know they are guesses
The crowd knows they are guesses
I'll bet the Umpires Boss knows they are guesses
In fact, I reckon the umpires themselves know they are guessing.

So why the hell do they still do it?

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

To hear the roar of the crowd! What the idiots don't know is there isn't a person at any ground, ever cheering from them.

nicksahottie_26
Club Player

Yet again, they GUESSED a decision.

I just widh they would only pay what they saw. I don't object as much to frees missed because they didn't see them.

But I am angry at how so many decisions are guesses.
Agree with that... would prefer if they just have a ball up and say that they could not be sure. if they were consistant with it for both teams.

And if the AFL is trying to get Geelong the flag then it would be because they have also had to wait a long time... so maybe they might realise that we are due for one too!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

so I guess you were at the Geelong Kangaroos game yesterday?
If you were not there you can't say jack. I went to the game yesterday in hope to see a good contest and some reasonable umpiring.

I am sorry but when you get a geelong player place two hands in a players back and then fall onto them, NOT PAY THE FREE and then 5 seconds later pay a free to Geelong for holding the ball IS CRAPP

Nothing to do with second to the ball etc
Some of the free kicks were there but there was a HELL OF LOT of frees that geelong got that the kangers couldn't even buy one. The kangers couldn't buy a holding the ball free. Every time Geelong tackled and the crowd yelled they paid it... Funny it never happened the other way around. I even said to some kangers supporters you couldn't buy a holding the ball decision today.

If you honestly think that 25 to 7, minutes into the 3rd qrt is good for the game.. we are in trouble. Does not matter how much a team is killing a team. To have one team getting 25 free kicks in only just over half a game of footy. Its over umpiring and its killing the game we known and love..

SIMPLE AS THAT

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
markinUSA
SS Life Member

I've kinda felt that the Kangas have got the absolutevmost out of their team this year. They've got into the finals which is more than most people predicted, and given their financial position, they've really worked hard and got the most out of all their resources.

They aren't really anywhere near Premiership contenders (geez.., I hope those words don't come back to bite me) but they do give 100%.

I don't like any team other than St. Kilda - but I wish we could have got 100% out of our potential. Things would be very different then.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

If you were not there you can't say jack. I went to the game yesterday in hope to see a good contest and some reasonable umpiring.
so you are only allowed an opinion if you watch the game live...

I agree with most that the umpiring is a problem for our game, but you are drawing a very long bow to suggest that the roos were beaten by 106 points because of umpiring

umpiring might have put them on the back foot , but geelong never let them get close to getting back onto their front foot

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

so you are only allowed an opinion if you watch the game live...

I agree with most that the umpiring is a problem for our game, but you are drawing a very long bow to suggest that the roos were beaten by 106 points because of umpiring

umpiring might have put them on the back foot , but geelong never let them get close to getting back onto their front foot
Where did I say that the result of the game was because of the umpiring.. I didn't..... All I said was the umpring was shocking and I honestly believe the game is going downhill fast when you have one side getting that many free kicks in only half a game of footy. Its over umpiring and its wreaking the game.

I believe you always get a better view of the umpiring watching the game live... You get to see the contests around the ball that you don't get to see on TV
The kangers couldn't buy for love nor money yesterday a free kick. I don't care if what gets paid one end gets paid the other.. But it was far from that yesterday.

I would almost say it was the worse umpiring I have ever seen in an VFL/AFL game.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
I would almost say it was the worse umpiring I have ever seen in an VFL/AFL game.

or close to it.......even some of the frees given to the roos were actually marksanyway......archer clearly took a mark..only to be crashed into front on...the maggot said...that's your free archer.,...bullsh!t it was a mark....so the frees actually awarded to the roos are not really a true reflection of the imbalance.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.