Rival bid to launch today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

hun article stated...

.."ST KILDA president Rod Butterss said yesterday that he was bewildered that a rival group would today launch a challenge to the Saints board.

The group, headed by Gregorys Transport founder Greg Westaway, will announce today that it will launch a rival ticket.

The names of those on the ticket, which could include former players Nathan Burke and Andrew Thompson, will be revealed tomorrow.

Burke has told friends he will be on the ticket, while the recently retired Thompson has also been approached.

Butterss said he had tried to talk to Burke about the ticket but the former champion had not returned his calls.

He said it was absurd that a group would launch a challenge without first contacting him to discuss the issue.

"andour rod is quoted as saying....

"I have had nothing from anyone, including Nathan Burke who I have tried to contact," Butterss said.

"The club is in tremendous financial shape, we will return another million-dollar profit and everyone is applauding the appointment of Ross Lyon.

"Can someone, please, just tell me why? Can someone, please, tell me where we are mucking up? '

.....surely he's not that thick......????

...ask me rod...i will tell you for nothing.............

:roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I find it highly amusing that SEN played a grab of Roddy McButterss saying that 'dealing through the media' is not the way to go.

The only bloke I'm continually hearing and reading is him!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Huh?

I'm a member, and a disgruntled nobody. Very disgruntled.
Well you reasons are moot an irrelevant to the topic of conversation.

I would l;ike to hear from the agitators and faceless people who Burke referred to who "have concerns".

Why wont they have the courage of their convictions.

As a member would you like to here what their concerns are instead of assuming?

Wouldn't you like to have information on the faceless agitators before you vote for them?

If you are a nobody as you state, why dont you wnat to know what the alternative has to offer?

Nothing rhetorical about it really, I just dont understand where you are coming from. You have your concerns, and thats fair enough, so have I, however it means diddly squat, if you or I aren't on the alternative ticket.

Instead of this destabilising by stealth and media leaks, I would like these people to have the courage to put their cards on the table.

What have they got to hide????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I find it highly amusing that SEN played a grab of Roddy McButterss saying that 'dealing through the media' is not the way to go.

Yes, it seems, the alternative wont get quoted, but somehow all the information about the alternative pres, and EGMs and spills of the board all are getting into the press.

Would love to hear from these faceless people.

What have they got to hide I wonder????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

only person to destabilise the club...as far as i'm aware is our roddy...and the flower keeps doing it.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I find it highly amusing that SEN played a grab of Roddy McButterss saying that 'dealing through the media' is not the way to go.

Yes, it seems, the alternative wont get quoted, but somehow all the information about the alternative pres, and EGMs and spills of the board all are getting into the press.

I would assume that they won't go public until the ticket is finalised and dates are set in terms of constitutions, etc.

Why would they go public and suffer a smear campaign like Burkey has had over the last few weeks from our good Roddy, before they have to?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Joffa I think it is a case of being premetive on Butters behalf and talking about a challenge before that Challenge actually knows what it is doing and who is going to be on the ticket ect. Going by what Burkey said he is unsure where he lands is a prime example that they are not ready yet to be public. I am sure when they have organised everything and have their plan in place they will come to the fore and we can then see and compare and vote accordingly.

The most disappointing thing in this whole episode is the fact of the leaks to the media when in the past the Saints have been very tight lipped (ie Tommo's sacking was very very quiet).

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Who's leaking it?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Reply to ausfatcat:

Actually that's a good point too. Roddy going on the front foot in the hope media speculation derails the rival ticket, or frightens a few of them off.

Hadn't thought of it from that angle. Smart by him actually. Good politician is our Roddy.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Why wont they have the courage of their convictions.
What is their conviction? We're assuming they are all their in their dark glasses and trenchcoats stirring up trouble behind the scenes. Why are we assuming this? Because Butterss and the media are suggesting it.
joffaboy wrote: As a member would you like to here what their concerns are instead of assuming?

Wouldn't you like to have information on the faceless agitators before you vote for them?

If you are a nobody as you state, why dont you wnat to know what the alternative has to offer?
I want both parties to put it all on the table.

I don't want either party rushed or 'flushed out'. I don't want one side getting the gig simply becuase the other side filled out their application form incorrectly.

It's the off-season - what's the rush?

joffaboy wrote: Instead of this destabilising by stealth and media leaks, I would like these people to have the courage to put their cards on the table.

What have they got to hide????
Who's leaking to the media.

There's been plenty leaked to the media recently, and there's one common denominator.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Who's leaking it?
Who knows, they wont be "flushed out" :D

I do agree with you RogerFox that I want to hear both sides of the argument - so I want to hear fro the faceless "concerned few".

I am certainly not defending Butters, there may certainly be an alternative, but I dont like the stealth and agitating behind the scence.

Come out into the open and show the members some courtesy.

Lance or James??

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Who's leaking it?
Who knows, they wont be "flushed out" :D

I do agree with you RogerFox that I want to hear both sides of the argument - so I want to hear fro the faceless "concerned few".

I am certainly not defending Butters, there may certainly be an alternative, but I dont like the stealth and agitating behind the scence.

JB: I would agree with what you are saying if there was clear evidence that the leaders of the challenge have been talking to the journos behind the scenes and are thereby failing to "put up or shut up".

But my impression is that they have been engaged for a number of weeks in a slow process of sounding out a lot of important club members, before they even decide whether or not they are going to mount a challenge. There is no evidence that the journos have had any leaks from the leaders of the challenge. They are probably getting their info second hand from some of the people who have been sounded out.

I do agree that, now that news about the challenge is getting so much circulation, there is growing pressure on them to come out with more information. So I hope we will hear from them pretty soon.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

This is where we clearly disagree.

No one even knows who 'they' are.

No one knows what 'their' concerns are.

Yet you're bagging them. You seem to be angry 'them'. You feel 'they' are doing some wrong - without even knowing who 'they' are.

You're doing exactly what Butterss wanted you to do.

You're questioning the integrity, honesty and viability of this mystery challenger without knowing anythnig about them.

You're writing them off and have question marks about them, before they've even said anything.

It's the exact tactic that Butterss is using, and clearly with some it is working.

'They' don't owe the members anything. Yet.

When 'they' know who 'they' are and know how 'they' intend to fix the issues that 'they' have identified, then of course 'they' need to come out.

Until then, I'd take 'them' far more seriously if they continue to lay low until they're ready and prepared.

I still fail to see how 'they' are destabilsing the club too. You keep saying this, but fail to list one reason as to why or how any of this is destabilising the club.

The reason I've listed as to why it isn't destabilising the club, you claim are off topic.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
But my impression is that they have been engaged for a number of weeks in a slow process of sounding out a lot of important club members, before they even decide whether or not they are going to mount a challenge.
No one member is more 'important' than another. Maybe 'prominent' is a better word. <pedantic mode>

I agree though. They should work to their own time line, not one set by Roddy, the media or us.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

perhaps the alternative ticket doesn't want to play the game through the media unlike Rod does.

Rod is just a very confident in himself salesman that has clearly gone beyond his depths.

This is plainly obvious to most of us, but given his ego he won't step aside, even though he has publically said previously he would when his time was up.

What should the alternative ticket do now?

Do they need to play a public slanging match?

Why can't they get their shyte together behind closed doors, launch a takeover by stealth and just ship RB out the door?

I'd prefer it that way - clean, calculated - very much your out - we are in.

You can say what you like, by RB's track record re expenditure on the footy dept and ground redevoplment/training facility improvement is DISGRACEFUL.

If he can't get his act together after 7 years it's time to move on.

Grow some balls RB and wake up to yourself!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.