New Ticket: St Kilda Footy First

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Just what would M Klim bring to a footy sub-committee
??
I would think that Michael Klim would have plenty to offer in the area of elite sport preperation. Lets not forget that he was under the guidance of Gnardy Tseretski (excuse spelling) for most of his career. That is the same bloke who coached Alexander Popov. He might have enjoyed a little too much Vodka at times but was known in the swimming world as the absolute best. Klimmy would have learnt plenty from him and if he can pass that on I'm sure our players will benifit.

I don't think anyone can question Klimmy's passion for the saints either. He has been a life long saints fan !!

bungiton
SS Life Member

I see a real reason for change

We still suffer more soft tissue injuries than most teams

We have stagnated in issues such as a proper elite training facilty

We have posted $1mill profits but not invested anything back into footy operations

We have a board that seem more focussed on ego driven agendas outside of the team rather than internal affairs. most of the press regarding the Saints this year seem focussed on Butterss v Thomas

We have lost a lot of people that have worked for a long time, dedicated staff members have left in droves, a lot of focus for this seems to revolve around Archie Fraser, an outsider with little football knowledge, recruited as a star performer yet never lived up to theses standards.

We have become the whipping boy of the tribunal, our attempts at player defence are nothing short of ludicrous, it is a certainty that whenever a player from the Saints fronts the tribunal we know the outcome prior to the case, all we wait for is the amount of time the player will miss. The Baker result was met with fury for the tribunal, when the cause may have been closer to home, why base your defense on an admission of guilt??

The new board seems to be a spread of people who have the interest of the club at heart, I look forward to hearing thier outlines, which I'm sure will be forth coming, but at the moment seem to center on getting sponsors to the club, improving spending in areas such as player injuries, training facilities, recruiting and footy department areas.

I look forward to hearing more, let's face it I'm not after change for the sake of change, but the board has blundered from one disaster to another, and where is there outline too bring the club forward?? Seven years on and we're no closer to the premiership promised, if anything we look to be sliding further from that elusive goal, look at Collingwood, all the money you can poke a stick at but on field, still making up numbers.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote: I would think that Michael Klim would have plenty to offer in the area of elite sport preperation.
Isn't that the province of "Training Services"? Do ya reckon they'd enjoy the Klim offerings?
I don't think anyone can question Klimmy's passion for the saints either. He has been a life long saints fan !!
I didn't, and don't. I'm a passionate life-long Saint too, but I doubt there's room on the sub-committee for me. :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol Micheal Klim - another that can go on the Saints LTI list.

He has the credentials when it comes to chronic injury I suppose.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>lol Micheal Klim - another that can go on the Saints LTI list

got a lazy couple of olympic and world championship gold lying around on the mantle piece too, joffa?

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
chook23
Saintsational Legend

One of the major concerns of many is Training Facility/home(admin base)

NOTED with interest that current board member

who by the way have been criticised re the issue

John Gdanski

I suppose he is a current property developer

***by the way not impressed that he is on the new ticket whilst still a member of the current board

should have resigned some time ago while the ticket was being organised.

saint4life
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

osama milne laden wrote:>>>lol Micheal Klim - another that can go on the Saints LTI list

got a lazy couple of olympic and world championship gold lying around on the mantle piece too, joffa?
And your point is?

So what, he was injured all the time.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>And your point is?

I obviuosly don't have one.

They hand out olympic and World Championship medals to anyone.

Why we've all got them, I suppose

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ok just a question what exactly does this new board bring to the table that the current doesnt ?? both say that they have been too profit minded and need to spend more on the footy dept. both seem to have passionate "ST kilda" ppl

so whats going to be differant from this new board to the current ??
im against change for the sake of change

in the end i feel its gunna come down to a popularity contest and that doesnt mean the best board is going to be running the show .

where were this new board in 2000 when we were in debt ? it seems very easy to come in now when we have the $$ to say how we should spend it but where were they when we needed to make it ?

burkie and thommo are legends of our club but what do they know about running a million dollar franchise ?

i have to agree with RB surely the issues the new group have with the current board could be sorted out over a meeting rather then via a board challange
in the end to the outsiders it looks like "oh well poor old st kilda look like imploading again "

the other question i have had GT not been fired would this challange still be happenng ? is it driven by how the board operates of by the medias veiw on the handeling of the GT issue ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Brewer
Club Player

I think it's time for a change.

Butterss has really dropped the ball this year, it's been ugly and bitchy and hasn't been focussed on the success of the team. I don't feel confident that our problems will be properly addressed by the incumbents.

I like the look of the new ticket, I don't think there's any reason to think they will do much worse than the current admin and there's a very real chance they can deliver some much needed positive energy and on-field focus.

Burkey and Thommo don't need experience in running a million dollar franchise, that's what Westaway, Brant, Grant and Nelson are for.

Bring it on I say.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
bungiton
SS Life Member

Change for the sake of change?

Not really, yes we have finally made money. a lot of this has been achieved by cutting costs, running through the club with a knife and cutting operations.

We have lost major sponsors again, both our main sponsors this year are pulling the pin, why can't we keep a Major sponsor for more than one term?

Why when we were in a building phase off the back of finals appearnaces for the last three years did membership drop this year?

Why has the club lost key personnel from behind the scenes?

Why have serious issues like training facilities, fitness and recruiting been lacking for so long? Rookies have been the boost of so many clubs yet overlooked by us for so long? Why do we committ to picking up has beens or never have beens when we should be looking to recruit for the future. We have been in a premiership window and looking to be topping up but we never seemed to pick up players to help us achive, rather keep us around the same level.

I believe that Thomas has nothing to do with this group on the alternative ticket, the presence fo Nathan Bourke confirms this. This ticket is not about egos, as it looks to be with the current incumbants, it is quite simply FOOTY FIRST! after all shouldn't this be the first priority of any football club administration.

Serious deficincies need to be addressed in Marketing, getting old players back to the club, gaining and keeping major sponsors, creating an environment for the betterment of the playing group.

The board that strive to achieve these goals get's my vote!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:very good at pointing out deficiencies

very impressive board

i missed where they said what they bring to the club.

their CV not that different to the CV of the current board.
I missed that part also...

I take it they want more staff and more spending...I dont really see where any added revenue is mentioned...and very little info on a training base..

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:i just see it as a marketable figure...i dont expect him to do anything...
A real reason for change then!!!!
We're looking down the barrell of losing two major sponsors.

It's a very real reason for change.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:very good at pointing out deficiencies

very impressive board

i missed where they said what they bring to the club.

their CV not that different to the CV of the current board.
I missed that part also...

I take it they want more staff and more spending...I dont really see where any added revenue is mentioned...and very little info on a training base..
It's quite rare for every card to be paid out on the table immediately.

Persuader
Club Player

The Michael Klim factor is proving to be a distraction.
Let's forget about that.

Obviously some well credentialled St Kilda people think it's time for a change. They think they can offer a better future - specifically on field as in free up more money or raise more money to tip into the football department.

Equally obviously they are over Rod Butters and believe he should be moved on. That will be the nub of it I think.

It will come down to how many of us, as in the members, agree with sacking our current president.

I'm still weighing it up.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

have to bear in mind that a detailed report of everything they had in mind would never have been on the agenda for today

i'm sure we'll hear about what they have issues with and what's on their agenda in the coming weeks

Davo027
Club Player

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The 2006 Grand finalist spent $2.4m more in their Football Department in 2006 than the Saints.
That's a bit spooky! How can we compete with the likes of that in the years to come???

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Total Awareness
Club Player

I also believe we need a change; but before this new group starts going on about having all the facts they need to get their facts straight first.

A quote from the FACTS page:
In 2006 St Kilda coaching group was the 4th highest paid of all clubs yet we had 16 less staff in our Football Department than the Swans who won the Premiership that year

JeffDunne

"Rebel group"

lol

"No further comment will be made by the Club until all the facts and details have been provided by the rebel group."

Is this a new policy or has someone forgot to tell Rod?

I'll believe that when I see it.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I like that in the statement on the official site they are listed as a "rebel" group...isn't that just a tad harsh? Maybe an "opposing" group or simply referring to them as the "football First ticket" would be more appropriate... Anyway that just struck me as odd..

Look, I think the new board has the edge in one main area - the promise to cut profits and increase football operations and expenditure related to on-field performance! That's the key difference between the two parties - Butterss just wants to cut costs as much as possible to make the bottom line look good!

The Saints are coming!
JeffDunne

TBH, I think they have done exactly want Rod wanted them to do by going public now.

As someone desperate for change I'm disappointed by what they've put out today.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:TBH, I think they have done exactly want Rod wanted them to do by going public now.

As someone desperate for change I'm disappointed by what they've put out today.

What did you expect Jeff?

JeffDunne

Something a bit more professional than a website that could be knocked up in an hour.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Rebel Group? Like against the South African apartheid? Rebels?

That's bulls*** spin if ever I've heard it. Let's brand them rebels so people think we are the establishment.

Crock of crap.

The more I hear from 'the Club', the more they assure me that my stance against their keystone cops routine is valid.

'Rebel Group'. Give me a break.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.