New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: New Board

BradWA wrote:I would like to some how find out
1. Are they all members of the SKFC and for how long as this is very important
2. Where were they when RB and Board took over from A Plympton when we were 6 Mil + in Debt .
3. Its alright to get on a ship thats not drowning in DEBT and then reap some glory.
Show us all these answers and we will look at your challange.
Why look backwards? Shouldn't you want answers on what they are GOING to do, not what they have or haven't done?

How long they have or haven't been members for is irrelevant if they are in the best position to better the club.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
BradWA
Club Player

Yes

We were In Debt that much as the Grand Stand at Moorabin was valued very high when it was worth NIL

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: New Board

SENsaintsational wrote:
BradWA wrote:I would like to some how find out
1. Are they all members of the SKFC and for how long as this is very important
2. Where were they when RB and Board took over from A Plympton when we were 6 Mil + in Debt .
3. Its alright to get on a ship thats not drowning in DEBT and then reap some glory.
Show us all these answers and we will look at your challange.
Why look backwards? Shouldn't you want answers on what they are GOING to do, not what they have or haven't done?

How long they have or haven't been members for is irrelevant if they are in the best position to better the club.
You are correct but yet you seem willing to judge the incumbent Board by what they have done in the past - not spent enough on Footabll areas etc.

Given that the incumbent Board has now retired the debt that the Club had, and is now in a position to spend further, shouldn't we be basing our decision on what their plan for the future is compared to what the alternatives plan for the future is?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

MM,
I'd be happy with most of the current board as long as the egotist and the Scotsman were not involved.

We can only judge the board and president on their actions as part of their jobs. I believe the last 2 years have been handled poorly.

"Retiring" a debt. What in hell does that mean anyway? Paper write-downs?

How would any new board or government come to power if we never judged the incumbents on their past actions?

My point on Brad's questions, were that they were pretty irrelevant in a future context. If he know that Westaway was someone dodgy in the past, then so be it, but he can't be judged on the length of his membership.

Otherwise my 92 year old grandmother is the best qualified!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>>Where were they when RB and Board took over from A Plympton when we were 6 Mil + in Debt

this statement should not go unchallenged

can anyone provide actual facts on this?

my recollection was that at the end of 2000, we were close to being in the black, if anything about $250 in the red, and by the start of 2003 we were $2.3 in the red

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:MM,
I'd be happy with most of the current board as long as the egotist and the Scotsman were not involved.

We can only judge the board and president on their actions as part of their jobs. I believe the last 2 years have been handled poorly.

How would any new board or government come to power if we never judged the incumbents on their past actions?

My point on Brad's questions, were that they were pretty irrelevant in a future context. If he know that Westaway was someone dodgy in the past, then so be it, but he can't be judged on the length of his membership.

SENSaintsational,
Point taken.

As to the debt, I don't think it was a papre transaction. It was money owed for which we were paying interest.

As a hypothetical question, if Westaway had been in Butters position 7 years ago and been confronted with the Club in the financal position it was, what would you have expected him and his Board to focus on?

BradWA
Club Player

my

I feel all my points are valid as I dont want a new board that will piss off when the going gets a bit to tough to handle
So if the person or persons have only been members for a short while its easy to just say its TO Hard im out of here.

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

SENSaintsational,
Point taken.

As to the debt, I don't think it was a papre transaction. It was money owed for which we were paying interest.

As a hypothetical question, if Westaway had been in Butters position 7 years ago and been confronted with the Club in the financal position it was, what would you have expected him and his Board to focus on?
Combination of financial and football would've been my focus request. Sure, the purse strings needed to be tightened.

But then why pay an untried coach near enough to top dollar? After sacking the previous one (granted it appears Roddy paid off Mal himself).

Personally, I put the credit of our improved financial position on Brian Waldron, not Rod Butters.

Not sure I've answered your question fully, but I get your point.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

But then why pay an untried coach near enough to top dollar? After sacking the previous one (granted it appears Roddy paid off Mal himself).
Ah,
Here are the type of questions I wish were being asked. IMO, these are the areas he and his Board need to be scrutinized on in comparison to any alternatives.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Keep Nathan 'Brutus' Burke away from the club. A distablising influence, allegedly costing two coaches their jobs and now he hopes to include the notch of a club president. Has sat in the coaches box as an assistance (GT allegedly saw his lean and hungry look, has sat through presentations getting some tips.

If the ticket is successful, RL will have this board attending coach-in-waiting eyeing off his job a la the path trod by GT.

All I am saying is give RL a chance. Reject Burke and his hidden agenda.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:Keep Nathan 'Brutus' Burke away from the club. A distablising influence, allegedly costing two coaches their jobs and now he hopes to include the notch of a club president. Has sat in the coaches box as an assistance (GT allegedly saw his lean and hungry look, has sat through presentations getting some tips.

If the ticket is successful, RL will have this board attending coach-in-waiting eyeing off his job a la the path trod by GT.

Hope your joking.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Very serious.

killa_gram
Club Player

SaintDippa wrote:Very serious.
Then your deluded.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No way in the world Burkie is after RL job. And he got rid of 2 coaches must have some power by the way who are those 2.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:Keep Nathan 'Brutus' Burke away from the club. A distablising influence, allegedly costing two coaches their jobs and now he hopes to include the notch of a club president. Has sat in the coaches box as an assistance (GT allegedly saw his lean and hungry look, has sat through presentations getting some tips.

What a joke. Burke a destabilisting influence? You're kidding yourself.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Burke was finished if Blight was not relieved of his duties and would not have made the 300. Ooops sorry, that's right Frawley would have brought him to Richmond.

Love to have GT make public why Burke was moved on from his assistants role. And two years later he returns!

Keep Burke out.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:Burke was finished if Blight was not relieved of his duties and would not have made the 300. Ooops sorry, that's right Frawley would have brought him to Richmond.

Love to have GT make public why Burke was moved on from his assistants role. And two years later he returns!

Keep Burke out.
That is so far off the mark it is laughable. First Blight was sacked by the board because he wasnt doing his job at all. Had nothing to do with the players apart from the fact they werent getting coached. Second Burkie quit the assistants role GT wanted to keep him.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

saint dippa is either a troll or a complete and utter moron of the highest order.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
yipper
SS Life Member

SaintDippa wrote:Burke was finished if Blight was not relieved of his duties and would not have made the 300. Ooops sorry, that's right Frawley would have brought him to Richmond.

Keep Burke out.
Mate, you should go and chat to Burkies dad - might give you a totally different version of the deluded rubbish you have just posted. Remember Burke is a club legend and fiercely loyal warrior who loves St.Kilda FC

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
SaintDippa
Club Player

GT wanted to keep him. And GT announced at the conference last year that he will accepted the decision and leave the club !!!!!

RB needs to go, no question. The last thing the club needs is GT continued sniping and behind the scenes disruptions. GT will not give up until the ledger is squared.

However, Burke and his lackey Thompson (totally uninspiring on SEN this morning by the way) is not my preferred option.

As for Blight, my mail is that Burke did discuss Blight with the Board as a matter of saving his career at StK.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:GT wanted to keep him. And GT announced at the conference last year that he will accepted the decision and leave the club !!!!!

RB needs to go, no question. The last thing the club needs is GT continued sniping and behind the scenes disruptions. GT will not give up until the ledger is squared.

However, Burke and his lackey Thompson (totally uninspiring on SEN this morning by the way) is not my preferred option.

As for Blight, my mail is that Burke did discuss Blight with the Board as a matter of saving his career at StK.
Don't spread bulls***. And how supposedly did burke get rid of grant thomas???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:GT wanted to keep him. And GT announced at the conference last year that he will accepted the decision and leave the club !!!!!

Gt wanted to keep him. Before you said he was moved on and would to tell us why. Which one is it?

SaintDippa
Club Player

Troll? Bona-Fides. 41. Stk. Supporter since 8 and will be buried with my prized possession, scarf with a VFL logo. Braved Waverley in hail stones when only 2-3000 others bothered to turn up and waited 26 hours outside Her Majesties to get my '97 tickets.

Honestly believe Burke loves the club, no question. More so than the may others who preceeded?

Dont have a crystal ball but I can see where this is heading.

bungiton
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Keep Burke out.
That is so far off the mark it is laughable. First Blight was sacked by the board because he wasnt doing his job at all. Had nothing to do with the players apart from the fact they werent getting coached. Second Burkie quit the assistants role GT wanted to keep him.
Burkie was a valuable asset to GT as an assistant coach, so was Terry Daniher. Daniher was exited out by GT after being the forward coach of one of the most potent attacks in the competition at that time. Terrys work with our young forwards was brilliant, he left so did our forward potency.

Burke left the Saints because Thomas' autocratic style had no room for his input, any suggestion he gave was roundly ignored, the great man had too much sefl importance to listen to the likes of petty assistants.

After very good people left the assistant roles they were replaced with what? Nodders and yes men, Thomas surrounded himself with people who would listen not speak.

The president in his wisdom gave Thomas his rope in the knowlegde he would hang himself with it and subsequently based this on his reason to dismiss him. Is this a proffessional way to lead any organisation?? Especially being part of the reason behind the outcome.

Look, footy first or the Rebels if you may have basically just informed the members of a challenge, after all the media putting pieces to press, they have released a statement to officially challenge the current board. That is all, I'm sure in the very near future they will announce their plans to take the club forward, I wait to see if they have any fresh plans or not, surely this gathering of people want from the club more than what it is currently seeing.

Originally Burke had upset Frawley quite honestly from what we gather from Spuds radio outburst, but Spud has fallen in behind with support for the REBELS. I'm told others such as Stewie are behind them as well. This is not a group put together merely for nuisance value, they are generating support to get the saints out of neutral, where we have idled for the past two years and moving forward again, with a solid push to concentrate on on filed matters as well as player welfare.

There seems to be a good spread of people on this board. Thommo and Burkie obviously tasked with on field direction and a balancce of what seems to be very good business accumen to oversee off field and financial matters.

I'm looking forward to the alternative to offer us something of real substance, because, regardless of retiring debt or cutting costs, the current board is bereft of any substance, decisions over the last two years make me cringe, ego is not and should never be the driving factor of a board incumbant.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
SaintDippa
Club Player

Last post (sic). Naivity, the fronteer for the uninformed. Very good friends with long long time Presidents Men who discuss matters inside the club and after a few reds, deep inside the club (and even what's going on at Tigerland!). Maybe what I've been told is utter cr@p. However have no reason to believe such.