K Sheldon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BradWA
Club Player

K Sheldon

What seems to be the problem as i may have missed a serious blunder?
I spoke to him in Perth and found him to on the ball re, recruits. Also JBs lack of recruiting pace or /and him being over ridded by GT at the selection table.
His full support for RL in having 6 rookies all the time.
Saying it has been the SKFC major blunder for 10 yrs not to have 6 rookies all the time.
His dimay at signing Hammil for 5 yrs said NO player should ever get 5 yrs doesnt matter how good he is it totally stuffs your salary cap for years.
Only 3 yrs contracts ever.
He believes we have lacked a good recruiting crew in other states.
Only have to look at the WC and Port to see who they have recruited from other states

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Ken's the fall guy.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Agree

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

No Lee Majors is the Fall Guy. Sheldon is the Scapegoat. :wink:

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Fall guy maybe, but he was in charge of the Baker defence, no hiding from that.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

was a good coach for us, too. got us into the finals

kaos theory
Club Player

What seems to be the problem as i may have missed a serious blunder?
I spoke to him in Perth and found him to on the ball re, recruits. Also JBs lack of recruiting pace or /and him being over ridded by GT at the selection table.
Saying it has been the SKFC major blunder for 10 yrs not to have 6 rookies all the time.
His dimay at signing Hammil for 5 yrs said NO player should ever get 5 yrs doesnt matter how good he is it totally stuffs your salary cap for years.
Only have to look at the WC and Port to see who they have recruited from other states
These are EXACTLY the problems we have had over the recent years....And why there needed to be a change in our footy department operations.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

there is already a thread on this guy...and i stick by everything that i said in that thread......the guy's out of his depth.....anyone on here could have told you the same things that kenny has brilliantly discovered ...all on his own....we get a new board, this guy will be the first to get the chop..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:we get a new board, this guy will be the first to get the chop..... :evil:
I thought F came before S in the alphabet. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Bono
Club Player

Spot on Stinger - he is out of his depth.

BradWA - when you spoke to him did he tell you about all the things he has stuffed up in the last nine months, or just criticise everything that the club did before he got his gig from his mate Glenn Casey?

No mention of his tribunal success this season, or his get deal in re-signing Milne, or his great processes and implementation of a new Recruiting Manager or the fact thet the Coach didnt want him in the Coaches Box?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Fall guy maybe, but he was in charge of the Baker defence, no hiding from that.
i didnt realise Kenny was a lawyer :roll: that was a stuff up from all concerned surely any lawyer would advise his client to not incriminate himself on the stand

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints43
Club Player

Good to hear that a bloke employed by the club since last November is willing to sit around bagging decisions made prior to him being there (rookies, recruiting), discussing in-house matters (GT & JB) and pontificate on matters he clearly doesn't understand (AH's "5 year" contract) with a stranger.

Good one, Ken.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:Good to hear that a bloke employed by the club since last November is willing to sit around bagging decisions made prior to him being there (rookies, recruiting), discussing in-house matters (GT & JB) and pontificate on matters he clearly doesn't understand (AH's "5 year" contract) with a stranger.

Good one, Ken.
Allow for some poetic licence from the poster before condemning someone. Not saying it's wrong but if I've seen an embellishment once I've seen it a million times.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:Good to hear that a bloke employed by the club since last November is willing to sit around bagging decisions made prior to him being there (rookies, recruiting), discussing in-house matters (GT & JB) and pontificate on matters he clearly doesn't understand (AH's "5 year" contract) with a stranger.

Good one, Ken.
i dod belive i over heard that convo bradwa was having with ken (correct me if im wrong Brad) it was at the saints function after the dockers game and i found most of the players and officials (the ones who hung around after the loss and dindt fly home early) were quiet frank when answering questions from the fans there didnt seem to be any toeing the company line they all spoke how the honestly felt especially Fiora who in all honesty was very critical of himself.

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
maverick
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
maverick wrote:Fall guy maybe, but he was in charge of the Baker defence, no hiding from that.
i didnt realise Kenny was a lawyer :roll: that was a stuff up from all concerned surely any lawyer would advise his client to not incriminate himself on the stand
Doesn't have to be a lawyer, he owned the process, he should ensure everyone knows what should be said and make sure the outcome is achieved.

He can't put his hand up for the job and not take responsiblity

BradWA
Club Player

Answers

spoke to him in Perth and found him to on the ball re, recruits. Also JBs lack of recruiting pace or /and him being over ridded by GT at the selection table.

For one i asked the questions and got some straight answers for a change.

Hammils contract he stated as i have said 5 yrs a joke
JB recruiting stated from my question yes lack of pace
Interstate recruiting as per my question a joke as I stated to him look at WC and Port
Amazes me that people cant cop the truth on here

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: K Sheldon

BradWA wrote:What seems to be the problem as i may have missed a serious blunder?
I'm a bit inclined to agree with SENSaintsational that we might be seeing a repeat of the Russell Holmesby incident from earlier in the year: that is, a poster projecting his own view of the world onto something that was allegedly said to him in private by a public figure (read the Latham Diaries for a case study of someone who constantly does this).

In my long experience of dealing with public figures, they are very cautious in what they say about other people in the same business unless they have 100% confidence in the person to whom they are talking. Even if Sheldon can't stand GT, I would surprised if he would be as bluntly critical as this other than to a friend or crony.

Anyway some of what is said here is a bit hard to believe, eg:

"He believes we have lacked a good recruiting crew in other states.
Only have to look at the WC and Port to see who they have recruited from other states"

Really? Well, I guess Lenny, Kosi, Riewoldt, Gilbert, Sam Fisher, X, Raph just don't cut the mustard?

Anyway, don't most of WCE's interstate recruits come from Victoria?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Brad said that it was his comment about West Coast & Port Adelaide, not Ken's comment in specific terms.

Brad, I don't doubt you had the conversation. But what you say above is pretty inflammatory and you are attributing it all to Ken basically saying it verbatim.

You have to allow us to sort the wheat from the chaff and work out in what context it was all said.

If Ken blurted all this out, it looks bad.

If you said it to him and he didn't deny it or even agreed with your summation, it looks better.

Slight clarification but I feel a necessary one.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
BradWA wrote:What seems to be the problem as i may have missed a serious blunder?
I'm a bit inclined to agree with SENSaintsational that we might be seeing a repeat of the Russell Holmesby incident from earlier in the year: that is, a poster projecting his own view of the world onto something that was allegedly said to him in private by a public figure (read the Latham Diaries for a case study of someone who constantly does this).

In my long experience of dealing with public figures, they are very cautious in what they say about other people in the same business unless they have 100% confidence in the person to whom they are talking. Even if Sheldon can't stand GT, I would surprised if he would be as bluntly critical as this other than to a friend or crony.

Only have to look at the WC and Port to see who they have recruited from other states"

Really? Well, I guess Lenny, Kosi, Riewoldt, Gilbert, Sam Fisher, X, Raph just don't cut the mustard?

To be fair Rooy and Kosi would have been picked by Stevie Wonder and still not sure if X or Raph are worth what we paid for them.

kaos theory
Club Player

MB - Kosi, Roo, X. & Raph were all well known potential players...they were no brainers as far as picks go...

The issue is that the interstate clubs (and some vic clubs) put far more effort into seeking out & securing quality talent with late draft picks from these states....

We have one old guy with a car doing the scouting and work....Its just not a model to succeed in today's competative environment.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:

To be fair Rooy and Kosi would have been picked by Stevie Wonder and still not sure if X or Raph are worth what we paid for them.
Stevie's going to call to say he loves you.

Well he would if we still had Vodafone.....