John Gdanski - has he resigned

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

John Gdanski - has he resigned

Working behind the scenes with the challenge group

whilst apparently working on the existing board

Makes me a bit uneasy having him on the new ticket

If he resigned some time ago or before this and then nominated to be part of st.kilda first it would sit easier certainly with me........

bit of a snakes act on the surface

BUT have not heard from yet.......

would you want this type on your board or committee at a club??

Thoughts?

saint4life
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Why should he resign?

He is a board member and wishes to remain one, but not under the same leadership.

Just the same as politics, which is what it is. The difference being that he is concerned with the future of the club and not his own future.

Gets my vote.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Why should he resign?

He is a board member and wishes to remain one, but not under the same leadership.

Just the same as politics, which is what it is. The difference being that he is concerned with the future of the club and not his own future.

Gets my vote.
He has to resign from the current board and of cause he will or has and then he gets a chance to be re elected.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Gets my vote.
i agree with you...bit like telling costello he has to resign if he challanges the pm......hogwash......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

He should have resigned out of simple ethics given his obvious conflict...quite disgraceful really...basically been rinding 2 horses......probably could flip his whole view should Butters get up......hardly what Id want on a Board.

Im not voting in a politician - im voting ina Board member for the St Kilda FC and part of that comes with some level of decency and ethics....not someone who sells his soul to the highest bidder.....

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Gets my vote.
i agree with you...bit like telling costello he has to resign if he challanges the pm......hogwash......
No its like being voted in as a Liberal and saying you want to become a Labour person.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Gets my vote.
No its like being voted in as a Liberal and saying you want to become a Labour person.
spot on plugger........

“Yeah….nah””
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:He should have resigned out of simple ethics given his obvious conflict...quite disgraceful really...basically been rinding 2 horses......probably could flip his whole view should Butters get up......hardly what Id want on a Board.

Im not voting in a politician - im voting ina Board member for the St Kilda FC and part of that comes with some level of decency and ethics....not someone who sells his soul to the highest bidder.....
Don't cry Teflon.

Your hero Seymour Butterss will get over it.
He'll be right.

Cheer up.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Gets my vote.

crap.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Gets my vote.

crap.....
Why it is more logical than saying what you said. Do you really think he should stay on the board he is challenging. That will not work and I am sure he will resign.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Teflon wrote:He should have resigned out of simple ethics given his obvious conflict...quite disgraceful really...basically been rinding 2 horses......probably could flip his whole view should Butters get up......hardly what Id want on a Board.

Don't cry Teflon.

He'll be right.

Cheer up.

hell...of course he will............i think he will walk before being shown the door....then he and his designer stubble togetherwith his new chick can slink off into the night and enjoy his millions....just as long AS HE STAYS THE f*** AWAY FROM MORRABBIN...... :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Gets my vote.

crap.....
Why it is more logical than saying what you said. Do you really think he should stay on the board he is challenging. That will not work and I am sure he will resign.
of course he should because i think there will be a compromise solution ...with certain current board members talking a long walk off a short plank........to early to say that he should resign ffs.......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Gets my vote.

crap.....
of course he should because i think there will be a compromise solution ...with certain current board members talking a long walk off a short plank........to early to say that he should resign ffs.......
That may take up to 8 weeks. He will resign I would think tomorrow.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

we will see.......

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Up until today when he was officially named on the alternative ticket Gdansky had every right to sit on the Board. With today's announcement comes a whole different set of circumstances. He should resign now !!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Don't cry Teflon.

He'll be right.

Cheer up.
LOL my hero? :lol:

I dont pretend on internet forums to be connected to Board/club personnell that I then cant name......... :wink:

Ahhh..Dodgy....I did wound you in a previous life.......luckily for you...time heals all.....

“Yeah….nah””
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

What? He should take a coward's approach and slink off? NO no no.It takes a lot of guts methinks, to stay on a board you disagree with, and keep battling it out to stand up for the members and for what you believe in, against the Butterss faction . Not saying i am going for the Footy First group, - want to see the mail out- but good on him I reckon. First impression is I wouldn't mind want a guy like that representing us - not just following the line Butterss demands.
I have been involved in some AGMs and Boards from the finance-side, and can tell you that as a director, he can do more and has more power staying on the board than resigning. At a meeitng, if there is only Butterss faction, it makes the meeting much harder for the challengers.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:What? He should take a coward's approach and slink off? NO no no.It takes a lot of guts methinks, to stay on a board you disagree with, and keep battling it out to stand up for the members and for what you believe in, against the Butterss faction . Not saying i am going for the Footy First group, - want to see the mail out- but good on him I reckon. First impression is I wouldn't mind want a guy like that representing us - not just following the line Butterss demands.
I have been involved in some AGMs and Boards from the finance-side, and can tell you that as a director, he can do more and has more power staying on the board than resigning. At a meeitng, if there is only Butterss faction, it makes the meeting much harder for the challengers.
Thats all fine and dandy IF he was standing up and fighting the good fight against the Butters Board as you suggest....if not...hes just another corporate leech looking for a continued meal ticket and some game passes.

It also does nothing to address the issue that he was supposed to be the a major player in the clubs Moorabbin redevelopoment /move......resounding success that........one word springs to mind - accountability.

“Yeah….nah””