We're not in turmoil or civil war - Let's get that clear

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: We're not in turmoil or civil war - Let's get that clear

joffaboy wrote:
Leo.J wrote: From what I've seen so far the so called rebels couldn't do any worse than the incumbents, IMO the mix of explayer and business is what should constitute a footy club board.
Apart from a crappy website tell me Leo, what have you seen so far from the alternate ticket?

Policies?

Strategic Direction?

Long term financial plans on how to improve revenue to offset their expected increased spending?

Instead of going off half cocked, why not wait until we have a clear and concise understanding of what the alternative ticket offers.

All it has offered so far is two retired footballers, and a lot of middling businessmen.

On and the promise to spend (which without the knowledge of how they go about that is considerably worrying).

Would be nice to get facts before you bury the incumbants :roll:
The incumbents have buried themselves IMO, through a poor performance.

What plans do the incumbents have?

Policies? Strategic Directions? Finacial Plans?

The concerns that SFF have listed are issues that myself and others have had issues with for some time, RB and co have had their chance IMO, the people who are on the ticket impress me a hell of alot more than the incumbents do already.

What have the incumbent achieved? Not alot if compared to the other Victorian clubs little lone the interstaters.

Whats RB done? put up some cash to pay for a F up that he made himself, and then some pretty basic economic rationalisation, cut staff and cut costs.

How about the other board members what have they put forward? What have they contributed? What are their long term plans and goals for the club?

From what I understand we are just as in the dark about the incumbent as the challengers.

Except that the incumbents have performed well below par for AFL standards off-field.

The challengers as I've said IMO have the right mix of business and footy, which the incumbent don't have, and not to mention players who have played and coached at the club during the current boards reign, so they would have a pretty good handle on whats lacking from a players and footy dept POV.

Cam1lla
Club Player

lol well said

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dont mention the war..... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:I understand that posters do not want to perpetuate this hysteria that appears to be creeping in, but to say you are not in turmoil is a bit much.

- You current president and ex coach have been in a bitter court battle.
- You are recovering from an unpopular sacking of the head coach which has members divided.
- You have lost 1 (most likely both) your major sponsors.
- You have ex-players talking about a board challenge that is gaining more and more momentum everyday.

Now the same people who are saying you are not in turmoil are the same people that were outlining what a rabble carlton was earlier this year.

Since then we have...
- Outed various board members including the President, Graham Smorgon.
- Got a new President who has been able to boost membership to record levels.
- Poached one of the best CEO's in the business Greg Swann.
- Gone through a coches sacking and an appointment that has been congratulated, rather than criticised, by its club members.
- Increased off-field spending in areas such as recruiting, assistant coaches and development.
- Started an upgrade of Princes Park with further upgrades in the works.
- Increased revenue streams in multiple areas, most notably a pub deal like collingwood.
- Got more sponsorship including most likely Vodafone from you guys.
- On top of all that, taking into account our dismal ladder position, we will most likely post a profit this year

Now i dont want to get in an Carlton vs St. Kilda debate here, but considering what is going on with you at the moment...it is going to get worse before it gets better. We have gone through all of this crap and have come through the other side of it. You are still heading into the eye of the storm.

All i can suggest is to strap yourselves in for a busy off-season and never give up hope. You will come through this ok....but its going to be difficult for a while.
flower off...you have no role to play in this discussion...nor will your views be appreciated...troll....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:I understand that posters do not want to perpetuate this hysteria that appears to be creeping in, but to say you are not in turmoil is a bit much.

- You are recovering from an unpopular sacking of the head coach which has members divided.
- You have ex-players talking about a board challenge that is gaining more and more momentum everyday.

Now the same people who are saying you are not in turmoil are the same people that were outlining what a rabble carlton was earlier this year.

Since then we have...
- Gone through a coches sacking and an appointment that has been congratulated, rather than criticised, by its club members.
- Increased off-field spending in areas such as recruiting, assistant coaches and development.
- Increased revenue streams in multiple areas, most notably a pub deal like collingwood.
- On top of all that, taking into account our dismal ladder position, we will most likely post a profit this year

Now i dont want to get in an Carlton vs St. Kilda debate here, but considering what is going on with you at the moment...it is going to get worse before it gets better. We have gone through all of this crap and have come through the other side of it. You are still heading into the eye of the storm.

All i can suggest is to strap yourselves in for a busy off-season and never give up hope. You will come through this ok....but its going to be difficult for a while.
flower off...you have no role to play in this discussion...nor will your views be appreciated...troll....
Can we vote out posters also?

Seriously thus should cease - BB puts up a reasoned post and the first response fromn cedric the talking horse is "flower off" (that he picked up on an internet chatroom FFS).....do we have any mods on this site who actually have gonads?

“Yeah….nah””
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:..do we have any mods on this site who actually have gonads?
This is not a dating site Teflon ! :wink:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

:roll: :roll:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Don't respond to each other stinger and Teflon, or the posts will simply be deleted.

Opposition supporters are basically open slather IMO (within reason).

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Don't respond to each other stinger and Teflon, or the posts will simply be deleted.

and you call that "within reason"....

let me know when your on jury duty next....

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Teflon wrote:..do we have any mods on this site who actually have gonads?
This is not a dating site Teflon ! :wink:
I couldve sworn Ive logged into the Eunuchs r us dating site... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Don't respond to each other stinger and Teflon, or the posts will simply be deleted.

i haven't responded to him but i expect you to do something about his insulting posts.....i have a right to express a view that a scummer should stay out of this ...

..without being insulted .....glad you are on hand though...i will just copy his offensive comments and send them to the administration until such time as he is banned.....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Since then we have...

TBB - please continue to post what are reasoned, well thought out posts that are FOOTBALL topics and ignore criticims that show a blatant lack of baisc manners. Its a football forum and you have at least that right.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Are you sure its not civil war now after what is in the papers today. Very messy and if it was any other club we would be laughing at them. Lets sort this out quickly.

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
stinger wrote:

Since then we have...

TBB - please continue to post what are reasoned, well thought out posts that are FOOTBALL topics and ignore criticims that show a blatant lack of baisc manners. Its a football forum and you have at least that right.
Thanks for your support Teflon. As some people have gathered i am not here to start a war between clubs but rather to give a balanced unbiased view.

If people think i am here to criticise the saints, you are mistaken. Hell, look at the thread i created the other day...
Need a laugh at carltons expense? Read...

However some people have the blinkers on and fail to see anything other than the team i support.

I must say that i find the above comment, coming from a MOD no less, to be one of the more perplexing comments to have graced this forum and something that should be looked at.

Now correct me if i'm wrong here but aren't moderators supposed to be upholding the rules of this forum?
The Rules wrote:» No name calling, personal attacks, or abuse of any sort will be tolerated on any of the forums.

» Avoid posting in a disrespectful, defamatory, harassing, offensive, adversarial baiting, offensive, sarcastic or otherwise insulting or disrespectful manner. Be respectful of other posters. Administration and Moderators have the right to lock, edit, or delete posts at their discretion without permission.
To accept such outbursts regardless of which team the person barracks for is unacceptable IMO. But i've learnt to deal with it as it has become accepted. Question i don't understand is "Why?" :???:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Civil war: avoided
Turmoil: kept to a minimum
Damage done: almost nothing
Was it worth it: absolutely

Just quickly, I'd like to thank my fellow supporters for ignoring the media and having the courage to vote on what they believed to be the facts and figures, not just the spin of ill-informed journalists and media commentators who not only showcased their true colours during the campaign (a massive no-no if you're meant to be objective), but also revealed their lack of knowledge about the club and the feelings of the supporters.

We're a bit tougher, and a bit smarter than I thought.

Well done guys. Crisis averted - I'm quite proud, actually. We never gave the bastards a chance to sink the boot in, even though they desperately tried.

Within a month, we've had a change of board succesfully completed and no lingering question marks at board level. An incredible relief.

The stability this move will bring the club could spur a touch of momentum, too. I'm quietly confident :P

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Re: We're not in turmoil or civil war - Let's get that clear

rodgerfox wrote:I've said this in other posts -

Will anyone not buy a membership because of this?
Would be ordinary form if they didn't
rodgerfox wrote:Will players not re-sign because of it?
Who knows what goes through some player's minds.
rodgerfox wrote:Will we not be able to recruit new players becuase of it?
Wasn't that the reason Paul Connnors gave in relation to Judd not talking to us?
rodgerfox wrote:Will we lose sponsorship over it?

The answer to all of the above is No.
Time will tell on that one, don't think you can give it a categorical 'no' just yet

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Heard from an Essendon supporter who was at their EGM the other night that the reason they didn't continue on to oust their president because they didn't want to be known as a rabble like St.Kilda this was presented to the crowd by Graheme McMahon who stated that the St.Kilda turmoil was all over the press.

Doesn't matter how you dress and trick it up, the STKFC is the laughing stock of the AFl they way it has fractured the club.

Not my view, this is the overall perception.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Not my view, this is the overall perception.
Indeed, and that's the whole point.

Others will crawl over broken glass to portray us as a rabble falling apart, when really, all we did was decide between two different alternatives presented to us. There was a little bit of fire there for a while, but it all ended quite peacefully.

The lesson is this: no matter what others think, we just have to do the right thing and rise above what others might want to believe. Geelong did it on the field this year; we're doing it off the field right now.

Interesting to note one of the better, more switched on media observers today described the takeover as a 'bloodless coup'.

I doubt the gutter rat (who I've sadly defended in the past) and the human whale (who I've never defended) will ever admit they understood how the supporters felt, or that they never understood what was really going on at the club.

Caro got it spot in.

I'm nearly getting as media-cynical as you are, Joff.
Last edited by evertonfc on Thu 04 Oct 2007 1:28pm, edited 2 times in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Well if it's not in turmoil now, if FFS don't see the writing on the wall and step aside for SFA then there will be hell to pay

Momentum for change is building, afterall what has Westaway ever done for this football club

They even stole their stated objectives from SFA of hoping to win a premiership within three years, I mean fair dinkum if you want credibility then try to be original

FFS or SFA the choice is now very clear

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

FFS, B4E, AFAIK, you've got SFA credibiltiy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Well if it's not in turmoil now, if FFS don't see the writing on the wall and step aside for SFA then there will be hell to pay

Momentum for change is building, afterall what has Westaway ever done for this football club

They even stole their stated objectives from SFA of hoping to win a premiership within three years, I mean fair dinkum if you want credibility then try to be original

FFS or SFA the choice is now very clear
Well their in charge now so get over it and get behind them or will this replace your GT threads.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Heard from an Essendon supporter who was at their EGM the other night that the reason they didn't continue on to oust their president because they didn't want to be known as a rabble like St.Kilda this was presented to the crowd by Graheme McMahon who stated that the St.Kilda turmoil was all over the press.

Doesn't matter how you dress and trick it up, the STKFC is the laughing stock of the AFl they way it has fractured the club.

Not my view, this is the overall perception.
i don't give a half eaten fat rat's clacker for what some flowering bummer supporter or official thinks...doesn't make it true..ffs...but go on believe what you like...and keep heaping sh!t on the st kilda football club's new board.....doesn't surprise me for one moment....i would much prefer to take note...and notice of what everton posted...not your posts...or views......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

it happens to just about every club every few years this is the first time it's happened to the saints in 15 years. In football circles they know this and understand this... Supporters just want any reason to dump on us and that will always be the case. I mean FFS Carlton went through this last year and neither ticket got in.. Now that is a laugh.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i don't give a half eaten fat rat's clacker for what some flowering bummer supporter or official thinks...
The resolute Joffa...still at the crease...in comes Stinger, bowls...