Will SSF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I'm not attacking you jb, simply questioning your logic.
I am still pissed about the Baker incident, dont get me wrong, and I am inclined to vote for the new ticket, but I dont want to go from the frying pan into the fire.

I am sure they have a plan, people of this calibre and organisation aren't a goose like Bedwell. They dont spend $50k on a mailout if they haven't thought through what they can bring to the club.

I raise this thread because I think it was a canny political move by Butters.

You are pissed off at it, I am impressed by it. Fair enough, different opinion.

In a few weeks all this debate will be forgotten when the financial plans are released in more detail.

Still Im to fully make up my mind. When i see how the aspirants go about not sending the club broke with its spending platform, I'll have a better idea.

I want to see the back of Butters. I hate the way he kowtows to the AFl and we get it up the arse each and ever single year, but I wont throw him out if the aspirants are a bunch of rich nuffies without a financial clue (which I think is unlikely, but possible).

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

LOL at joffaboy :D

you animal :D

it seems if the football bored you crapless as per your posts towards the end of the season, the off field drama has you sparked up a bit :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

jb, I agree it's a political move but members should be outraged.

I can't imagine the clubs that Rod seems to admire entertaining this suggestion either. Collingwood members would knife anyone who suggested the AFL should be doing their job. Do you really think Eddie or Pratt go to the AFL for approval?

It is an outrageous suggestion.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:jb, I agree it's a political move but members should be outraged.

I can't imagine the clubs that Rod seems to admire entertaining this suggestion either. Collingwood members would knife anyone who suggested the AFL should be doing their job. Do you really think Eddie or Pratt go to the AFL for approval?

We can't afford to trust the AFL, if RB is politcally aligned with them (which he is) he cannot be trusted.

Joey
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Joey wrote: Right now the coaching staff and players need stability
they couldn't give a F***, they are on holidays. it will all be over by the time training starts.

Dont bring that into the argument.
I'm not saying today but lets say that when they return and start preparing for next year, and this is still not sorted. It won't be healthy for the club full stop.

Plus with sponsorship hows the club meant to attract a new major sponsor, when the new sponsor doesn't know who they will be dealing with and what the new direction of the club will be.

I haven't decided who i suport yet either but i want to know what both parties are offering and would like it sorted out quickly for the best of the club as a whole.

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:LOL at joffaboy :D

you animal :D

it seems if the football bored you crapless as per your posts towards the end of the season, the off field drama has you sparked up a bit :lol:
Oh dontcha just love a STKFC off season :D :D

More fun than the actual footy (or was this year).

Last year was GT's sacking, this year it is the bye bye for supa spiv and his mates :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:jb, I agree it's a political move but members should be outraged.

yeah fair enough, but if someone was challenging Eddie and basing on financial performance I am sure he would want to put up his performance against a proposed plan. Eddie is just as if not more political than RB and would screw the opposition to his advantage.

Pratt was going into a financial basket case armed with his billions.

if Westaway pronounces that he is going to throw in millions of his own personal money, well thats a different story.

Dont be outraged, just enjoy it unfolding. Its all good fun.

Lance or James??

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:56am, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:I don't care what their plans are, Thompson and Burke are legends of our club.... that's enough for me - and my mum just rang to offer her support to SFF. Reckons all her friends want change - "the best thing that's happened to the club for years" was one quote.

Vote 1# SFF.
will be over the line when put to vote

but

I don't care what their plans are, Thompson and Burke are legends of our club.... that's enough for me ..............even if they could not run a chook raffle!!

will have to resign from a few local committee's...........if I can not have a drink :shock: :shock:

:wink: :wink:

saint4life
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:I don't care what their plans are, Thompson and Burke are legends of our club.... that's enough for me - and my mum just rang to offer her support to SFF. Reckons all her friends want change - "the best thing that's happened to the club for years" was one quote.

Vote 1# SFF.
will be over the line when put to vote

but

I don't care what their plans are, Thompson and Burke are legends of our club.... that's enough for me ..............even if they could not run a chook raffle!!

will have to resign from a few local committee's...........if I can not have a drink :shock: :shock:

:wink: :wink:
Yes it is incredibly bizarre to chance to....well who knows, spend spend spend and no piss in the boardroon :roll:

Same people will be bellyaching when we are on the bones of our arses again in a few years time (if the aspirants F*** up that is):roll:

Lance or James??

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

If people think the AFL will give an independant and unbiased view of the new ticket, given their proximity to Rod...

In all seriousness, I just don't know what to say.

I'm all for an independant company running audits over the two proposals, but it has to be independant and mutally agreed upon.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I'm all for an independant company running audits over the two proposals, but it has to be independant and mutally agreed upon.
Who knows more about the financial aspect of running football as a business than the AFL?

Dont all clubs have to submit to the AFL their strategic and five year plans?

Why are you anti Rods so defensive and bias about this.

Your opinion financially means SFA, you haven't a clue, so back off with your wild subjective allegations.

Cant be lieve how defensive the anti-Rods are with just one little political ploy :roll:

Fair Dinkum, how easy are you lot to rattle? :roll:

Lance or James??

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Why are you anti Rods so defensive and bias about this.
Anti-Rods? Rubbish. I'm pro-St Kilda, and whatever falls into that category according to my beliefs. That's like the whole "You can't be pro-Lyon and pro-GT" argument - absolute tosh. You choose whatever stance you want.

If Rod and his team can produce explanations for the past 24 months over all the problems which have exploded under his leadership, and provide a solution for fixing those problems, plus a significant, detailed plan for the future, then I think we should all listen to what he has to say.
Your opinion financially means SFA, you haven't a clue, so back off with your wild subjective allegations.
Thanks. I love how you make it personal again.

And what wild subjective allegation did I make in the above post?
Cant be lieve how defensive the anti-Rods are with just one little political ploy

Fair Dinkum, how easy are you lot to rattle?
I think the request for an independant company to audit the proposals of both groups is entirely appropriate. Why does it upset you so much?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.