SFF's 'Financial Plan'.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

SFF's 'Financial Plan'.

As most would know, it hasnt been disclosed to anyone yet.

Alot of people are angry at this, but the thing to remember is its only been a week since the challenge and the ticket were announced.

The EGM is in 7 and a bit weeks, we have plenty of time to think about it before giving our proxy to anyone. Eastern said in another thread that by law, SFF HAVE to outline their plans about 18-21 days in advance.

Also dont forget that we currently have no sponsors. To detail a financial plan for members and the public to analyse would be ludicrous without the sponsorship income.

Its entirely plausible to think the ticket has a number of plans, to fit in with eventual outcomes regarding sponsorship.

I say give them time, its early days right now and theres no point getting emotionally attached to either side at this point.

I say all this also as a reminder of the forum rules. The mods are genuinely suprised and happy at the state of the forum at the moment. I realise board challenges can get messy - there are alot of opposing views on a number of topics - but there has been a significant decrease in trolling and excess fighting / arguments. Lets keep it that way.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: SFF's 'Financial Plan'.

n1ck wrote: The EGM is in 7 and a bit weeks, we have plenty of time to think about it before giving our proxy to anyone. Eastern said in another thread that by law, SFF HAVE to outline their plans about 18-21 days in advance.

I say give them time, its early days right now and theres no point getting emotionally attached to either side at this point.
Nick,
Your thread is a welcome cautionary note.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: SFF's 'Financial Plan'.

n1ck wrote: Also dont forget that we currently have no sponsors. To detail a financial plan for members and the public to analyse would be ludicrous without the sponsorship income.
So sponsors are more important than the voting members??????

Until the plan is out, this mob is all smoke and mirrors - oh but dont forget to give them your proxy vote :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Where did I say anything of the sort, JB?

Dont attribute your generalistic line to me. I havent taken any sides, I havent said support or dont support anyone. I never said give them your proxy. All I said is that everyone can afford to wait and take their time deciding. There is plenty of time for more water to flow under the bridge. Im sure more details will be forthcoming about SFF's plans over the next few weeks.

Nobody is forcing anyone to send anything in.

Proxies have to be in by November 12. There is plenty of time, all im saying is that to everyone to ark up about not knowing the financial plans yet - chill out, its only been a week since the challenge was even announced.

I ask you, how would you publicise a financial plan without knowing what sort of income will be applicable to the bottom line?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote: I ask you, how would you publicise a financial plan without knowing what sort of income will be applicable to the bottom line?
That want to run a multi million dollar business but wont show their plans.

If you are comfortable with that, thats fine. Just inform me what companies you invest in so I steer well clear of them. :wink:

Until I see a comprehensive plan from the aspirants I will run this line, that they have no substance, that they are ethereal.

And I wont be cowed by anyone in the Westaway love-in cheer squad.

Not saying you are one n1ck, but there are plenty out there howling me down because I am not following the party line down to their Nuremburg Rally.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Very harsh JB. Some people will take anyone over the incumbents, and thats their perogative. Id rather know the facts before voting willy nilly.

All im saying before you howl down anyone who does in fact lean towards the SFF ticket at the moment, is that they have at least a month to outline their plans. They have only gone public a week ago, I think we can afford them some time to detail their proposals.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Very harsh JB. Some people will take anyone over the incumbents, and thats their perogative. Id rather know the facts before voting willy nilly.

All im saying before you howl down anyone who does in fact lean towards the SFF ticket at the moment, is that they have at least a month to outline their plans. They have only gone public a week ago, I think we can afford them some time to detail their proposals.
I wish SFF would stop SMS ing me to get my proxy vote in NOW

SFF show me the plans

saint4life
Shaggy
Club Player

I don’t see how SFF can produce a detailed business plan without full access to the records, the accountants, and key operating personnel like RL, JB and Ross Smith.

I would hope SFF does not get that access until they are appointed.

Any detailed business plan produced before hand I would regard as BS.
Last edited by Shaggy on Fri 14 Sep 2007 5:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:I don’t see how SFF can produce a detailed business plan without full access to the records, the accountants, and key operating personal like RL, JB and Ross Smith.

WTF :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow that is some great spin. That you Greg?

We cant put together a plan to raise revenue as we are proclaiming because we dont have any information.

Jesus, WTF do they need?

Fair Dinkum - just vote them in and then let see if they can run the joint.

Oh F*** :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lance or James??

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Joffaboy

been an enjoyable days read

Off to the boardroom

I mean PUB for a drink.........

saint4life
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Shaggy wrote:I don’t see how SFF can produce a detailed business plan without full access to the records, the accountants, and key operating personal like RL, JB and Ross Smith.

We cant put together a plan to raise revenue as we are proclaiming because we dont have any information.

Jesus, WTF do they need?

Think you are being a bit alarmist Joffa...the proposed team look to more than have the credentials re running successful businesses covered and Gdansky and Levine are current board members anyway... :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Joffaboy

Off to the boardroom

Yeah neary beer o'clock.

Me and the board members are gunna have a couple of lines of coke and head down the lap dancing bars.

Bet I wont see that wowser Westaway stuffing $50 notes into the G-Banger of a stripper with his teeth like me and the rest of the gang.

Getting Hosies on Elizabeth St to be our next sponsor - cheers :D :D

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Think you are being a bit alarmist Joffa...the proposed team look to more than have the credentials re running successful businesses covered and Gdansky and Levine are current board members anyway... :roll:
How would you know?

Until they come up with a comprehensive financial and strategic plan they have no substance and are ethereal and lightweight.

And FFS F*** off with your spamming me via text asking for my proxy.

Give us a plan you bunch of shysters.
Last edited by joffaboy on Fri 14 Sep 2007 5:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

chook23
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
chook23 wrote:Joffaboy

Off to the boardroom

Yeah neary beer o'clock.

Me and the board members are gunna have a couple of lines of coke and head down the lap dancing bars.

Bet I wont see that wowser Westaway stuffing $50 notes into the G-Banger of a stripper with his teeth like me and the rest of the gang.

Getting Hosies on Elizabeth St to be our next sponsor - cheers :D :D
Thought the reply would be quick and appropriate.....

enjoy

saint4life
Shaggy
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Jesus, WTF do they need?

Lol ...sorry ... I just think it is nonsense to prepare detailed financial and strategic plans without talking to key personnel first.

SFF of course can provide details of how they know they will increase revenue ... which would probably require details of their contacts/relationships they are bringing with them. I wouldn't do it as most third parties don't like to be embroiled in third party politics but SFF may have to for the undecided vote.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Lets remember SFF have been talkign this behind the scenes for months - NOT days but MONTHS and they in that time still have not 1 shred of a financial plan to back up there wish list.

Surely you could map out in months atleast a minimum amount of detail as to HOW you plan to increase club spending on football and maintaining a strong profitable position??

“Yeah….nah””
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

they may have teflon just give it a couple of weeks for all the info to come forward.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:they may have teflon just give it a couple of weeks for all the info to come forward.
I havent honestly made my mind up aus - but the point is valid...Westaway himself said theyve been watching the current situation for months...theyve had some time to plan this and their roll out suggested they planned well......on marketing - but youd have thought 1 of them might have stopped to put together even a high level plan outlining reasonably detailed strategies that support grand motherhood statements like "grow revenue" - sounds great...wheres this coming from????????

Butters has and can at least talk about what this current Board IS doing re injury management (Ross Smith work) and the increasing footballing dept spend - they haved to deliver no question but at present its that Vs nothing from SFF.

The current Board CAN also talk profits and debt reduction cause the FACTS are right now theyve got runs on the board.....BIG difference to wish list from SFF - nice to say "trust us we want a Premiership - who doesnt...but throwing money at the footy dept wont guarantee that on its own....

I look forward to SFF putting up their plan.........theyll need to do that to get my vote.

“Yeah….nah””
ashjam
Club Player

Hey Teflon
Where is Butterrs plan for the next 3 years?
How can he justify the footy club (or more precisely the board) paying fellow director and business partner Glen Casey $30,000 to do consultancy work?
How could he justify paying Grant Thomas $500,000 as an untried coach?
Ross Lyon is and was way more experienced than Grant Thomas and he would be on half of that?
Too many lies from Butter Brain....and lots of cheating going on!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:Hey Teflon
Where is Butterrs plan for the next 3 years?
How can he justify the footy club (or more precisely the board) paying fellow director and business partner Glen Casey $30,000 to do consultancy work?
How could he justify paying Grant Thomas $500,000 as an untried coach?
Ross Lyon is and was way more experienced than Grant Thomas and he would be on half of that?
Too many lies from Butter Brain....and lots of cheating going on!
I cant be stuffed repeating it all again mate your gonna have to read....but in short...........

1 side DOES have some experience and HAS done some good things and also made some mistakes.

The other side has NO AFL/Board experience...lost of promises and NO plan......remember its THESE guys who want to make the change its in THEIR interest to put up (and when you want to be Prez.....hiding behind Burke as opposed to facing the music of The Footy Show aint a great idea IMO)

“Yeah….nah””
ashjam
Club Player

Alright...I will go one at a time for you!
Can you or anyone answer what the currents baord's plan is for the next 3 years?
This is not a difficult question as I have an idea that would guarantee this club's success forever....but what is the Butters plan?
Can you answer...does anyone know?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:Alright...I will go one at a time for you!
Can you or anyone answer what the currents baord's plan is for the next 3 years?
This is not a difficult question as I have an idea that would guarantee this club's success forever....but what is the Butters plan?
Go and ask the AFL, they have all 16 clubs financial and strategic plans.

Simply it is up to the FFS to come up with how they will cover the cost of their massive spending hey have got planned.

They reckon they will increase revenues.

WELL LETS SEE HOW????

The current admin already have their plans on the table, the FFS are hiding behind a glossy pamphlet and empty motherhood statements.

Until they come out with a comprehensive financial and strategy plan to take over from the current board they are just full of piss and wind, and have no substance.

That may well change if they layout their plans, but until that time, they will have the blowtorch to the belly showing that they are full of s.hite.

Lance or James??

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Have a look at Collingwood's balance sheet..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

The greatest crock of shyte of all time? That ANYbody has to submit their plans to the AWFUL. Let's just be clear 'bout this s*** - SSF do not have to submit their stuff to any group other than the members.

I'm a (former) Buttersssss fan. To suggest SSF should submit their stuff to the AFL, straight after RB has bitched about this "attempted takeover", shows FA appreciation about regulators. For anyone to submit their plans to the AFL would show a complete lack of know how.

Did Wesfarmers submit their plan for the Coles takeover to ASIC? Did ASIC comment on merit? Course not. The AFL is the regulator - regulators do not make relative calls on business proposals. All regulators do is tick boxes. RB's proposal was crap. It's over Rodney - you're done, move on .

What we have here is an alternate. Vote how you like. The Westaway drug nonsense could have been done better, but who cares. This is about the alternate approaches. Cost cuts vs investments.

Bye Rodney, and thanks.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Shaggy
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
ashjam wrote:Alright...I will go one at a time for you!
Go and ask the AFL, they have all 16 clubs financial and strategic plans.

Simply it is up to the FFS to come up with how they will cover the cost of their massive spending hey have got planned.

They reckon they will increase revenues.

WELL LETS SEE HOW????

The current admin already have their plans on the table, the FFS are hiding behind a glossy pamphlet and empty motherhood statements.

Until they come out with a comprehensive financial and strategy plan to take over from the current board they are just full of piss and wind, and have no substance.

That may well change if they layout their plans, but until that time, they will have the blowtorch to the belly showing that they are full of s.hite.
Joffaboy,

I don’t understand your attitude.

Why do you expect third parties to be able to produce detailed financial and strategic plans without any due diligence?

There is no way RB will allow the other ticket to perform proper due diligence and if you want to complain about lack of detail you should be having a go at the incumbent.

Obviously SFF has contacts/relationships which will come with them for our financial benefit.

On the other hand where after 7 years are the relationships RB has cultivated which makes him indispensable? They are not there and that is why RB is going.

Too many relationships are in turmoil ... sponsors ... board ... senior management ... staff ... players (assuming Thommo is representative).

RB was great for us early on but he has failed in past 2 years for the Saints. We are ranked 16th in revenue despite making the finals 3 of last 4 years. It doesn't require a major due diligence/prospectus to recognise change is required.

We are worse off field then Kangaroos, Doggies and the Demons. Given respective performances on field the off field performance is a disgrace.

Gregory may not be the best alternative but currently he is the only alternative … and we need an alternative more than a fluffy financial and strategic plan without any due diligence.

Enough said apart from:

Only $205,000 was spent on recruitment in 2006 ... what the f*ck was the Board thinking and who the f*ck was responsible?