Assistance for St Kilda Footy First group

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

So, is anybody going to this today? I'm still waiting to be "contacted immediately"!

Carl Mynott
Club Player

Maybe the SFF mob are trying to formulate a legal defence for Westaways gaffe re Drugs and Alcohol at board level,they need all the help they can get so they are inviting dedicated Saints fans to deliver as much muck as they can......

I'm starting to think Westaway was on something when he had that Pearl of Wisdom,he may have to change his name to Goaway before this challenge runs its course.......

:P

The more things change the more they stay the same
SaintDippa
Club Player

Maybe Burkie might be giving some insight into his coaching approach when he takes over (knifes RL) in '09.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Have just received a reply from Ashjam, response has been overwhelming.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Have just received a reply from Ashjam, response has been overwhelming.
so basically Rod is GONE then I hope!

What time and when??

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I didn't say that saintspremiers. The response to people offering to help has been overwhelming, no numbers were quoted. Perhaps they expected 2 & got 4, who knows. Anyway, it has been postponed at this stage.

Carl Mynott
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote: The response to people offering to help has been overwhelming, no numbers were quoted. Perhaps they expected 2 & got 4, who knows. Anyway, it has been postponed at this stage.
Its been postponed because the challenge is farked......

Goaway is an idiot,he's ruined the challenge with his Big Foot in Mouth opening gambit.How can anyone take him seriously......

He'll go down in Saints history on a par with Dennison.......

We sure know how to attract them......

The more things change the more they stay the same
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Carl Mynott wrote:
snoopygirl wrote: The response to people offering to help has been overwhelming, no numbers were quoted. Perhaps they expected 2 & got 4, who knows. Anyway, it has been postponed at this stage.
Its been postponed because the challenge is farked......

Goaway is an idiot,he's ruined the challenge with his Big Foot in Mouth opening gambit.How can anyone take him seriously......

He'll go down in Saints history on a par with Dennison.......

We sure know how to attract them......

being very premature Carl I am sure most people don't give a rats about one misconstrued comment.... SFF will get in it's just a matter of when they get in.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Think you will find that the challenge is long way from being farked Carl...

Legally Westaway will not have a case to answer.Can't be sued on a possible inference.At no time has stated that the current board was on Drugs or has an alcohol problem but I'll admit he probably should have thought out the statements possible fallout.

Still a minor issue that people are overblowing as far as I'm concerned and this challenge is well and truly on track to succeed

The numbers in various polls show that an overwhelming number of members are over the Spiv...and that a fresh start is needed to compliment the new coach & assistants going forward.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Zippy
Club Player

I also put my name down to help. I suspect that there're a lot of people keen to help the challenge ticket.

I've already mailed my proxy form off, marked to give my vote to Burkie.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote:I also put my name down to help. I suspect that there're a lot of people keen to help the challenge ticket.

Yes good idea as he has a lot experience running a football board.

The Peanut
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:I didn't say that saintspremiers. The response to people offering to help has been overwhelming, no numbers were quoted. Perhaps they expected 2 & got 4, who knows. Anyway, it has been postponed at this stage.
At the time of Thursdays meeting I was told that there was six offers from SS's at that time but I was pm'd by someone who wasn't on the list so I guess they have had plenty of help.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Zippy wrote:I also put my name down to help. I suspect that there're a lot of people keen to help the challenge ticket.

Plugger66, around here this week that statement is tantamount to heresy.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:I didn't say that saintspremiers. The response to people offering to help has been overwhelming, no numbers were quoted. Perhaps they expected 2 & got 4, who knows. Anyway, it has been postponed at this stage.
At the time of Thursdays meeting I was told that there was six offers from SS's at that time but I was pm'd by someone who wasn't on the list so I guess they have had plenty of help.
Anybody know why it was postponed?

Thomas
Club Player

I have wanted to wait till I got an answer to some qestions I was going to put to Greg Westaway and Nathan Burke, then Rod Butters made my mind up.

Who does he think he is denying the members of the club their democratic right to vote a commitee in or out.

Rod butters it is the St Kilda Football club members that decide not Dimwitt. :evil: :evil:

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
Stjohn
Club Player

Hey Zippy..

Has that Saints Player who used to keep a diary, made any entries in that diary, about the recenet goings on?......

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Yes good idea as he has a lot experience running a football board.
Well he hadn't had any experience playing before he had played, so there's a precedent there.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Plugger66, around here this week that statement is tantamount to heresy.
But Burke has a lot of experience around football clubs, working under different coaches and in the corporate leadership and management area.

Clearly, he is a smart bloke.

Plus he bleeds red, white and black.

Everything he does will be with the best intentions of the club at heart, and he has the football expertise and brain to control the football side of things from the board.

He's not the one who is there to make the financial decisions.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
asiu

hopefully it is clearly recognised by both 'sides' of this debate ......that a sent proxy is invalidated by sending a second proxy

as will be the second proxy , if one sends a third , and so on

good on ya zippy for sending your proxy to burkie ......and good onya if you change your mind , and send another to rockets mob

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Sadly Plugger that wont matter...youll get the usual..."yeah but he bleeds RWB...and was a great player so he should automatically be on the Board??????"

I can not beleive people have jumped on board a ticket that has provided so far - a shoddy internet page, some glossy promises and a sticker.....

We are in trouble arent we.....and it doesnt stop at the club...

“Yeah….nah””
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

I can not beleive people have jumped on board a ticket that has provided so far - a shoddy internet page, some glossy promises and a sticker.....

We are in trouble arent we.....and it doesnt stop at the club...
But then again Teflon, you are so much smarter than them and you can see the light. I'm glad that I have the benefit of your illuminations, as I would be one of the lost, deluded masses also.

Zippy
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

There aren't that many footy boards to run . . . most of the board presidents hadn't run a footy board before they ran theirs.

Plus he won't weaken the playing group by shafting the footy department. Despite all the criticism of GT, Butters did more than anyone to stop a flag in 04/05 - if we hadn't been shortchanging the footy department, and had had a few less injuries, we would have been far better off.

News flash - cutting necessary expenditure to show a profit, despite long-term damage, has wrecked many companies in the past. It killed Ansett, to take one example. Butters isn't a good manager. If that isn't proof, the way he made a hiring decision on someone he had a financial interest in (through the loan) is a grossly unethical action. Junior staff who work for me couldn't get away with that kind of thing. Why should a board president?

SFF so far have provided a better argument than RB has.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:

Well he hadn't had any experience playing before he had played, so there's a precedent there.
Gee I never knew that without Burke ever having played a game of football....that he went straight into playing senior football. Impressive ahievement that.

Most other guys play many many games of football in the reserves and at junior level first.

Even that Irish chap Clake played a lot of gaelic stuff first to improve his hand eye ball coordinations skills first.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote: SFF so far have provided a better argument than RB has.
What argument is that?

Haven't seen anything from the new messiah apart from bread and circuses to keep,the plebs happy.

All piss and wind.

All tip no iceberg.

Smoke and Mirrors.

the David Copperfield of boards.

Yup, I'm sold :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:51am, edited 1 time in total.