Interesting, How would you take it ?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Just thought I would go and have a look at the West Coast fan forum and see what the supporters think of Chris Judd leaving. I wouldn't say I am trolling as many might want to call it, but I was very interested to see what the reaction is like. Premiership player, their first brownlow medalist and captain of the club.

http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/forum/v ... &sk=t&sd=a

The title of the topic says it all Chris Judd - Get F**KED

Now I have a question for everyone. How would you react if it was Riewoldt (Queensland) or Lenny (New South Wales) that turned around and said I want to move back home and leave being the captain of the club ?

Would you react like many of the west coast fans? how would you take it?
Last edited by Dal_Santos_Gal on Mon 17 Sep 2007 5:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Well I remember being gutted when Plugger left. But not using the wording on the WCE forum! :?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
_7777777_
Club Player

i'd be disappointed... but they've given so much to the club, i would have to respect their choice.

Lenny rox my sox.
milney044
Club Player

I, like every other saints fan, would be absolutely shattered. It was bad enough when Black wanted to move back home, let alone Roo or Lenny! I'd probably hate them too at first, but then realise there's not much you can do. I really can't believe Judd though, its a long time since a captain has left his club to go home. the way i look at it, if you're happy enough to leave it in the first place for the chance to play AFL, then you should stick by the club. It makes me believe there was more to it than just "missing family and friends". I'd be so disappointed if it was Roo or Hayes, lets just hope its something we never have to deal with.

PS. Screw the money Juddy, come to Saints :D

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
HarveysDeciple

Maybe if their club wasn't full of stoners and criminals he might have chosen to stay.....he gave that club some magnificent service, now they tell him to Get effed..
bloody hell.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

ah yes, read that thread yesterday. I onyl read it to see how they reacted. Also tried to think how particular posters would take it if we were in their exact situation.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Same as those guys, they are grieving over losing a footballer. Most have moved from denial to anger and some are already bargaining.

From the Kubler-Ross model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model) the stages of grief are:

Denial: The initial stage: "It can't be happening."
Anger: "Why ME? It's not fair?!" (either referring to God, oneself, or anybody perceived, rightly or wrongly, as "responsible")
Bargaining: "Just let me live to see my son graduate."
Depression: "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"
Acceptance: "It's going to be OK."

Not hard to substitute football terms to grief and tragedy when you give it a crack!
Last edited by cowboy18 on Mon 17 Sep 2007 5:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

megs4#31
Club Player

I can understand fully why Judd wants to come home. He's only just turned 24 and started at the eagles when he was 18 yo as many of the guys do. He would've moved all the way over there to start afresh again after finishing high school. I would say when you have to commit yourself to move all the way over there and the type of schedule they live on it would be difficult to not only have a life in your own state, but when your family and friends are based a 4 hour plane flight away it can be difficult.

I'm living in WA at the moment and it can be a struggle but at least i can take annual leave and come home if i want to. AFL players are committed a fair amount of the year to their footy and he can't exactly say to Woosha oh yeah i'm going home this week i can't play.

I'd be pretty upset if the guys left to go home but at the same time i'd understand. I reckon it would've been a pretty big decision and at least a year in the making. Its just like any player that leaves a team, they're nearly guaranteed to be hated by the team that left, look at aaron, carlton hate him.

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

I was reading that last night; I like how they call him "Juddas" :lol:

The way I see it, if a player is regularly getting a game at a club and is performing well, he has only four reasons to leave:

1. Money
2. Family/personal
3. Better opportunities for finals/premierships
4. Unhappy at club / dissatisfaction with culture (the "falling out" reason)

Reason (3) would not seem to be applicable here; West Coast are perpetual finalists.

Judd has cited reason (2), although reason (1) would certainly be a factor.

But for my money reason (4) is the overriding one. Judd has reportedly been unhappy with some of the goings-on at West Coast and the general club culture.

This is a culture that is endorsed by the club, the membership base, the sponsors, the fans and the hick town media that drives the whole thing. It's a bit rich for West Coast fans to be complicit in it and tolerate the indiscretions of these guys as the kings of Perth, then crack it when one of them gets jack of it and wants out.

It was pretty clear in 2006 that Judd was reluctant to accept the captaincy, no doubt because he was already having thoughts about getting out.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Its pretty funny that they are referring to him now as Judas. I would be seriously pissed off if i was a WC supporter, i would go as far as to express it in such a way through. Apparently, according to a poster on eaglesflyinghigh, his mum lives in Sydney.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

If Riewoldt decided that he had had enough of St Kilda and wanted to move to Brisbane for more money and a change of scenary I would absolutely hate him.

Judd was well on the way to becoming a stand-out legend at West Coast. Premiership Captain, Brownlow Medallist, All-Australian, Best and Fairest winner, AFLPA MVP. If he stayed and became a dual Premiership Captain, 3x Brownlow Medallist etc and 300-game player he would have ended up considered the best midfielder to ever play the game and a god of WA.

If I were a WC supporter I would be disgusted at Judd's actions.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i think he got p!ssed off when they made him play injured during the year.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Who says hes leaving for more money?

I would have thought hes on a pretty sweet deal at the moment, plus whatever other 'sponsorship' deals he has going, like a penthouse apartment for peanuts...

Those sorts of things would be allowed here in Melbourne... would they?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Who says hes leaving for more money?

I would have thought hes on a pretty sweet deal at the moment, plus whatever other 'sponsorship' deals he has going, like a penthouse apartment for peanuts...

Those sorts of things would be allowed here in Melbourne... would they?
wrong player
that was cuz not juddy

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

you reckon they are livid hows this for a story
a bloke i work with (mad eagles fan ) and his wif had their first child 2 years ago and he managed to convince his missus to name the child Judd
:shock: :oops: :lol:
so i saw him today and asked him " why did you name your kid after a carlton player ? "

:lol: :lol:
he and his missus are looking into how hard it is to change the kids name now :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

I heard a kid got suspended for setting fire to his signed #3 jumper in the schoolyard :lol:

battye
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:you reckon they are livid hows this for a story
a bloke i work with (mad eagles fan ) and his wif had their first child 2 years ago and he managed to convince his missus to name the child Judd
:shock: :oops: :lol:
so i saw him today and asked him " why did you name your kid after a carlton player ? "

:lol: :lol:
he and his missus are looking into how hard it is to change the kids name now :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Lesson learnt here is to name you kid after a player after they have retired or with it is far too late to change clubs, although there was awkwardness with Winmar.

bozza1980
Club Player

It is an example of how much harder it is to keep Victorians/South Australians/Western Australians away from home.

Considering a Victorian footballer has a 10 in 16 chance of finding a club suitable to his and his clubs needs in facilitating the move.

SA and WA 2 out of 16 and QLD and NSW 1/16.

I also think that the lure of playing in heartland states actually works against QLD/NSW players from returning home.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Wouldn't it have been easier to just name the kid "Chris"?

Has anyone here named their son "Harvey"?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:Lesson learnt here is to name you kid after a player after they have retired or with it is far too late to change clubs, although there was awkwardness with Winmar.
how many dog's named Plugger are still going around?
Harves is a saver bet

re the OP

I HOPE NOT to find out in the near future , if like Begley there is a really strong family reason then I would have more sympathy
If its because OUR club has NOT been careful enough and Caring enough to manage their assets- Players then I would be very upset,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Wouldn't it have been easier to just name the kid "Chris"?

i called one of mine anthony...he only gets called cuz these days..... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Riewoldting wrote:Wouldn't it have been easier to just name the kid "Chris"?

I will be when the missus is ready :D

Have repeatedly told her she won't have a choice!

On the Judd issue, he's got every right to decide where he wants to go. Football is a pretty much like a business these days, and in business people are free to come and go as they please.

Watch out if free agency ever gets introduced.........

Brian Collis
Club Player

Is Chris Judd leaving? :shock:

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Judd was not the only Victorian playing interstate. Most of them don't get "homesick".

Weak as piss if you ask me....sounds like his piece of fluff is ruling the roost already. He will probably regret this decision later in life. He'll certainly get to hear plenty of abuse when he plays for [insert club] against the WCE in Perth.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"