Chris Judd not meeting with the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Chris Judd not meeting with the Saints

The Saints appear out of the running for Chris Judd as his Manager said today we have own troubles and he doubts he will meet with them. Interesting he said RB coached CJ in his junior days and they got on well but tthere are to many things happening down there at the moment.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Judd's criteria stated in Perth on Monday on TV were clubs which were well resourced and likely to have success in the short term.

We are not well resourced,(ie got lots of money like his 2 preferences carlton and collingwood- where Edddie is rumoured to have offered a media job to the lovely girlfriend Twigley- ) and our training facilities are not quite west coast standard

IMO, 6 of the 10 melb clubs were never really in the running

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Well if RL wants us to go after Judd, then SFF need to contact Paul Connors and explain our interest.

Connors on SEN just hinted that whilst Judd has a good personal relationship with RB from his junior days, the current unrest behind the scenes takes us 'out of the running'.

Westaway, Burke, Thompson or whoever else they deem necessary needs to speak up and explain that they will be running things and that we are the best place for him to 'lob'.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:Judd's criteria stated in Perth on Monday on TV were clubs which were well resourced and likely to have success in the short term.

We are not well resourced,(ie got lots of money like his 2 preferences carlton and collingwood- where Edddie is rumoured to have offered a media job to the lovely girlfriend Twigley- ) and our training facilities are not quite west coast standard

If he's after success in the short term then why would Carlton be one of his preferred options?

Collingwood would be the way to go if I were him. Big club, proven coach, great facilities, and a very good young team.

wildgoose
Club Player

4theluvoftheclub wrote:Judd's criteria stated in Perth on Monday on TV were clubs which were well resourced and likely to have success in the short term.

If that's the story, wouldn't it only be Collingwood and Essendon in the running? Melbourne aren't exactly loaded with money, and Carlton, well there just useless.

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

wildgoose wrote:

If that's the story, wouldn't it only be Collingwood and Essendon in the running? Melbourne aren't exactly loaded with money, and Carlton, well there just useless.
The fact he was a Melbourne supporter once upon a time may swing it their way, unlikely though.

Listening to Judd's comments I doubt money will be a deciding factor in his decision. Very impressive, level-headed young man who just wants to be part of a successful team in his home state.

He'd be seen as the second coming if he went to Carlton and be expected to almost single handedly make them competitive, which won't happen overnight. Maybe too much pressure.

Collingwood will be a much smoother transition for him. They'll be very good over the next few years with or without him but Judd at his best will take them to another level.

If I was a betting man, which I'm not...much...anymore, I'd put my money on Collingwood to win the race.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

if carlton didn't decide to tank after round 3 they might have come close to competing in the finals in 07 :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

if not for the RB/GT debacle we'd probably still be the best melbourne club and right in the running to grab judd's services.

imo this is why RB has to go.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Whilst I'd love to see Judd in Red, White & Black, I think he may be doing us a favour not meeting with us.

We would have to give up too much to get him.

So what becomes of the players such as goose who were rumoured to be trade bait? Do they get up set and leave? Or will he and X sign soon?

I can't see how Judd will get to Collingwood. They don't have a top 10 pick and will have to trad with other clubs to get lower picks.

I think Essendon's proposal would would sound ok if I were in the Eagels shoes.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:Whilst I'd love to see Judd in Red, White & Black, I think he may be doing us a favour not meeting with us.

So what becomes of the players such as goose who were rumoured to be trade bait? Do they get up set and leave? Or will he and X sign soon?

I can't see how Judd will get to Collingwood. They don't have a top 10 pick and will have to trad with other clubs to get lower picks.

Collingwood have a lot of young players to trade.

they will probably do something like pendlebury, didak (gosh wouldn't he just slot in with the WCE social/drugs/gangster group) and pick 15/16 as well as a round 2 pick.

pendlebury is a solid future midfielder, dudak is about as good a HFF as going around

SHUT UP KRIME!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
SaintWodonga wrote:Whilst I'd love to see Judd in Red, White & Black, I think he may be doing us a favour not meeting with us.

they will probably do something like pendlebury, didak (gosh wouldn't he just slot in with the WCE social/drugs/gangster group) and pick 15/16 as well as a round 2 pick.

pendlebury is a solid future midfielder, dudak is about as good a HFF as going around
huge win west coast...even collingwood wouldnt give that much

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote: Collingwood have a lot of young players to trade.

Trading away Pendlebury for Judd IMO would be almost as crazy as us trading Dal for him.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:

huge win west coast...even collingwood wouldnt give that much
no but thats the asking price.

and they may be tempted into judd maybe damaged goods atm, but at his best, he is the premier midfielder in the competition.

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Trading away Pendlebury for Judd IMO would be almost as crazy as us trading Dal for him.
i'd have to think about that one mb. one is a proven champion, albiet injured. the other could be one of the all-time greats ... could be

Liam_G
Club Player

SaintWodonga wrote:So what becomes of the players such as goose who were rumoured to be trade bait? Do they get up set and leave? Or will he and X sign soon?
Rumoured being the key word. In the media, 'out of contract' all of a sudden means 'he doesn't want to play with them, lets say he is trade bait'.

For all we know, St.Kilda have NO plans in using them as trade bait at all and it is media beat up. The boys would know if it is media beat up or if their names really were on the table. So hows about we all just chill and wait to see if they re-sign before thinking they are going to leave because the media and fourumites think we should trade them.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

we all know collingwood wont give up jack for Judd. They always try to screw people in the trades and they generally fall through. Gehrig stevens ect ect.

They will probably offer their first pick and a older midranged player like O'Bree.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Dan Warna wrote: Collingwood have a lot of young players to trade.

Trading away Pendlebury for Judd IMO would be almost as crazy as us trading Dal for him.
The pies trading regime haven't had a 'big' win in the trades for a number of years, probably since pebbles and buckley came I guess.

they've been on the losing end with davis (although the 500k offer by shytney was way over the top) medherst etc

Get Judd...they dont have picks to trade, they can't compete with carlton/richmond and melbourne in the cellar for a PSD ninja, thay have to trump them.

richmond, carlton and melbourne are all in the prime positions, more so Carlton.

heck carlton just may put in crazy bids to frak the pies over for fun after the port adelaide nick stevens deal :D

SHUT UP KRIME!
RooandKosi
Club Player

sweet im glad. He is out of 2008! we have a big chance for the flag in 2008. But with judd out and us having to give up what maguire and joey that wouldve been a bad idea.

Judd may never play the same again its a gamble!!

Rice Paper
Club Player

We were never in the hunt with the Board ruckus and playing at Telstra Dome being a major issue for Judd.

But I really believe we can be a huge part of the trade which can benefit us. Carlton is still favourite as far as I'm concerned with a the the no. 3 pick. So if WCE wants another top 10 pick, we have the no. 9 pick and we can trade this to carlton for a player we want.

There are 2 players at Carlton that interests me, Fevola (to replace Frase) or Jarred Waite to play in the back line as Max is getting very close to being finished.

So If we can trade our pick 9 to Carlton for Waite and their pick 20, then I would love to do it. We need a tall mobile backman to replace Max and to have cover for McGuire and this will allow Fisher / Gram to get into the midfiled.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

haha your listening to SEN.

For everone else a random call rang up and said Judd will be out for all of next year.

99% sure it is rubbish.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:they've been on the losing end with davis (although the 500k offer by shytney was way over the top)
I'm not so sure about that. He ended up winning them a flag with his efforts against Geelong in that QF.

What price a premiership?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I so hope he states he wants to go to Collingwood and they dont strike a deal.

That would be wicked.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I do agree, Dan, that the Blues are in the box seat and that Collingwood would have to give away more than they should in order to get Judd.

As I have posted before, the Blues are the only club that wouldn't really care if Judd turned out to be another post-2004 Aaron Hamill. Just the publicity and the sense of forward momentum they would get from signing Judd would be a positive for them in terms of membership, sponsors, attendance, television exposure, etc. For them, it would be a bit like the extra credibility we got from signing Hamill and Gehrig at the end of 2000.

I think that Judd will certainly have done us a favour by not talking to us, and I think that Collingwood will be similarly blessed if they avoid making a crazy trade in order to get him. He's a fabulous player, but he still needs 17 others functioning well around him in order to do his stuff properly.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:they've been on the losing end with davis (although the 500k offer by shytney was way over the top)
I'm not so sure about that. He ended up winning them a flag with his efforts against Geelong in that QF.

What price a premiership?
sure but for 500k you get a class player of the top order.

it took 22 players to win a flag on the GF and a team to get them there.

IMO davis isn't a 500k player by a long shot, can't even keep his place in the senior team. a 500k player is close to being one of your marquee stars.

SHUT UP KRIME!