St Kilda Board Statement

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Juggernaut
Club Player

St Kilda Board Statement

http://www.saints.com.au/Default.aspx?t ... wsId=51545

The St Kilda Football Club today announced that a Board meeting will be called at the earliest possible time to set a date for a General Meeting to resolve once and for all the notice of removal of directors, as issued by hostile Director John Gdanski.

The Club is of the view that the challenge to the current Board must be resolved by the members at an EGM as soon as possible.

The rebel group has now issued a second notice calling for a meeting 19 days earlier than the original notice (12th November), which clearly limits the Club’s ability to respond in reasonable time, given the statutory 21 day notice period to members and printing, mailing house and postage requirements (20 Calender days).

In the view of a majority of the Board, this was a mischievous attempt to unfairly limit the preparation of a proper response to members.

The Club has received strong advice that John Gdanski’s second notice is invalid on a number of counts, including the limited notice period.

However, the Club is equally committed to calling an EGM where the members of the Club can and will decide the make up of their preferred Board.

Can someone help me what are they trying to say?

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
Juggernaut
Club Player

Sorry Mods didn't see another thread open on same topic could you remove this one

Thanks

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

stalling for time.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
kaos theory
Club Player

The current board is fractured, and suffering from in-fighting. There are only 3 board members supporting RB. In total they have limited talent, business management skills, relationships & networks to take the club forward.

A challenger has a cohesive vision, a significanly more talented team & is ready to take over.

The current board is therefore, become reactive and scrambling to build a defense to the challenger. They are stalling for time. The fact that they have taken this move shows that they have no vision for taking the club forward. Their only public statements have related to legal threats & ignoring the club's obvious problems.....

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:29am, edited 1 time in total.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Yes KT, you're so right
and they are ignoring the 7500 voices of members who in only 7 days have spoken with their proxies saying they want them gone.

Delay , change, confuse, legal games, and spin , spin , spin. ...it's sad that everyone can see they're gone , but them.

the 5 of them will become the john elliots of stkilda

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda Board Statement

The St Kilda Football Club today announced that a Board meeting will be called at the earliest possible time to set a date for a General Meeting to resolve once and for all the notice of removal of directors, as issued by hostile Director John Gdanski.
Okay, a board meeting to set a date for another meeting? How busy are these board members in their current positions that it takes 3 meetings to get a meeting to discuss a hostile challenge?
The Club is of the view that the challenge to the current Board must be resolved by the members at an EGM as soon as possible.
Agreed.
The rebel group has now issued a second notice calling for a meeting 19 days earlier than the original notice (12th November), which clearly limits the Club’s ability to respond in reasonable time, given the statutory 21 day notice period to members and printing, mailing house and postage requirements (20 Calender days).
Surely the ball was put in motion at the first word of an EGM being called. So The Board are asking for a 41 day notice, as of when?

In the view of a majority of the Board, this was a mischievous attempt to unfairly limit the preparation of a proper response to members.
How long does it take? Surely SFF wants the resolution to come to completion as soon as possible, so the club can gear more successfully towards the 2008 season, and there should be no mischief in calling the earliest possible date.

Also, see bolded quote above.
The Club has received strong advice that John Gdanski’s second notice is invalid on a number of counts, including the limited notice period.
Notice for what? of what? Of the 23rd Oct EGM?
However, the Club is equally committed to calling an EGM where the members of the Club can and will decide the make up of their preferred Board.
They don't have much choice.

I really don't see any substance to this, other than the current board are pissed at SFF and Gdanski. That and the current board can't seem to work together enough to start resolving the issue.

I started out at 50/50 RB/SKFF with my vote, but every little thing that has come out of RB's camp since the challenge, combined with quite a few things SFF have addressed put me at 10/90 in favour of SKFF.
Last edited by Otiman on Sat 22 Sep 2007 2:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Juggernaut wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/Default.aspx?t ... wsId=51545

What a crock!! By my reckoning it is still 31 days until October 23rd, so what mischief is anyone getting up to? None, nothing, nada. It is more deflection and distraction.

How about focussing on the issues and cutting the crap.

This alone is proof that this boards time has come. Instead of focussing on the club, the issues and the members, they are focussing on staying in power (via loopholes and smoke and mirrors).

Time to go ladies.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

"hostile Director John Gdanski"

that sums it up for me...albeit small

there is no need to call him hostile or anything of that nature...

time to go rb however i thank you for turning this club around and hopefully it shall continue

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
BallBanger
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:
Juggernaut wrote: to resolve once and for all the notice of removal of directors
Once and for all ;) What rubbish. That sounds like a desperate RB.

I believe the board has realized the end is near and will roll over easily. OR RB has found a loop hole in the process. Of course IF RB get's re-elected he wont be able to get to work cos there will be a picket line outside Linton St.

BTW Juggernaut, I couldn't easily see another similar thread and if this thread also gets locked or deleted while I'm going to the trouble of posting (like one the other day) - I'll spew.
Are we forgetting that Rod gave up his time (for nicks) to virtually save this club...maybe his time is up but lets not eat our own.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:Are we forgetting that Rod gave up his time (for nicks) to virtually save this club...maybe his time is up but lets not eat our own.
I don't think anyone is denying Rod credit where it's due. And it is certainly due in his case.

It's just time to move on from that era, due to a number of influences under RB's control, and a few outside of it.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:29am, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

Careful AOK, I used the term "handbag" once and got spammed by a group of my friendly stalkers.

I presume those hypocrites will let it slide this time though.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:28am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintWal
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:"hostile Director John Gdanski"

that sums it up for me...albeit small

there is no need to call him hostile or anything of that nature...

time to go rb however i thank you for turning this club around and hopefully it shall continue
Correct Saints Premiers. All wording by the club since the initial launch by SFF has been inflammatory and trying to put SFF as the "enemy".

From Day 1 the board should have welcomed and embraced the challenge and then put reasonable and convincing arguement as to why they are the better option. Instead all we have had is smoke, mirrors and probably to come, legal issues.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Careful AOK, I used the term "handbag" once and got spammed by a group of my friendly stalkers.

I presume those hypocrites will let it slide this time though.
JD, let's get some things straight.
I am not a spammer
I am not a group
I am not a stalker
I am not a hypocrite

And I object to that terminology used by you or anybody else including AOK.

This latest smart-ar$e post of yours is a disgrace and should be withdrawn and/or deleted. IMO it is nothing but a blatant 'cheap shot at me and I would have thought is totally against the rules of this forum?

JeffDunne

Mr Magic wrote:JD, let's get some things straight.
I am not a spammer
I am not a group :!:
I am not a stalker
I am not a hypocrite
One out of four aint bad. :lol:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:JD, let's get some things straight.
I am not a spammer
I am not a group :!:
I am not a stalker
I am not a hypocrite
One out of four aint bad. :lol:

Such a clever retort!

Got nothing better to do than attack other posters JD?

I agreed to drop the matter after you apologised last time. Did you forget, or was your apology not real?

To the top
SS Life Member

I will inflame the situation by saying that it is obvious those presenting their views on here have never read the "Financial Review" or the financial pages of "The Age".

It appears all they read is the sporting section of the "Herald-Sun".

JeffDunne

What has that got to do with anything posted in this thread TTT?

MM, I didn't attack you - you attacked me. I made a general comment that you chose (yet again) to take personally. I wonder why?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:What has that got to do with anything posted in this thread TTT?

MM, I didn't attack you - you attacked me. I made a general comment that you chose (yet again) to take personally. I wonder why?
JD, That is an absolute falsehood, and you know it. You and I had a slanging match over your use of the term 'handbag' and no-one else was involved in that slanging match.

Now you feign 'mock innocence' after you deliberately targetted me with a 'scurrilous' post that accused me of being a 'spammer', a hypocrite, a member of a gang' and a 'stalker'. I take great personal offense to your post and your pathetic attempts to weasel out of responsibility for what you posted.

As for what this has to do with the tread - absolutely nothing which just makes your personal attack on me even more pathetic.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I will inflame the situation by saying that it is obvious those presenting their views on here have never read the "Financial Review" or the financial pages of "The Age".

lol - so true, so true.

The ignorance is astounding and amusing.

However it is a bit like the Federal Election, even the ignorant, the deluded and paranoid still get a vote.

Nobody said democracy was perfect :D :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I will inflame the situation by saying that it is obvious those presenting their views on here have never read the "Financial Review" or the financial pages of "The Age".

i read the fin review....

what are you getting at?

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:28am, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

Even funnier AOK, MM claims to be offended by the term. :shock:

'scurrilous' :lol: