Harves

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Harves

GT on SEN now. Just said that were he still in charge, he'd have told Harvey that it was time to quit as the club had to move on.

Nuff said.

Carna Saints!!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

If GT was in charge we would have won the GF this year and Harvs would have retired on top.... :wink:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Re: Harves

SteveStevens66 wrote:GT on SEN now. Just said that were he still in charge, he'd have told Harvey that it was time to quit as the club had to move on.
to bad youre not in charge then grant...iv never really being pro or anti GT iv just sat back and watched the arguments but this pisses me off - "the club needs to move on" pffft

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

SaintBot wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:GT on SEN now. Just said that were he still in charge, he'd have told Harvey that it was time to quit as the club had to move on.
to bad youre not in charge then grant...iv never really being pro or anti GT iv just sat back and watched the arguments but this pisses me off - "the club needs to move on" pffft
The irony is hilarious.........

by the way if the great man played another 3 seasons, he would have achieved the feat of playing VFL/ AFL for 4 decades

:D

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he has a point regardless oh whether its valid or not is debateable

ridding the club of harvey along with thomo, g, frankie, powell, voss etc would give the club a completely fresh start

however a major difference between those and harvs is that he still has the desire and skill to go on...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

None of us know whether Harvs' decision to go around again is right or wrong. We will all know by this time next year.

Let's not forget that he will be saddling up for a 21st season of league football. This is unprecedented, not even Tuck or Bartlett made it into a 21st season.

Sir Robert is used to setting precedents and if anyone can do it he can. I do hope that he has full (approx 20 game) season in 2008 that finishes with him fulfilling his dream. There is however, that slight fear that time & age will catch up with him in a big hurry during the 2008 season. I hope not !!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:None of us know whether Harvs' decision to go around again is right or wrong. We will all know by this time next year.

Let's not forget that he will be saddling up for a 21st season of league football. This is unprecedented, not even Tuck or Bartlett made it into a 21st season.

Sir Robert is used to setting precedents and if anyone can do it he can. I do hope that he has full (approx 20 game) season in 2008 that finishes with him fulfilling his dream. There is however, that slight fear that time & age will catch up with him in a big hurry during the 2008 season. I hope not !!
the time has come that regardless of what happens we can only support any choice that he makes because the man bleeds red, white and black...

do as he pleases i say...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SuperSaint
Club Player

Nuff said.
What a wank of a comment. This is the same guy who never looked to the future by trying to introduce a young newcomer into our midfield to inject some badly needed speed to the team and persisted in playing Powell, Peckett and Thommo beyond their 'use by' date.
The same guy who gave Hanill a back ended 5 year contract when he exhibited early warning signs with his body and gave Penny a 3 year contract after his 4th knee operation!

Harvs' onfield efforts this season were more than worthy of another in 2008.

Thomas' ego, outspoken media comments and inadmission of his own errors during his time there has contributed in no small way towards the present inner turmoil at the club. Wiser heads like Waldron & Burkey saw the writing on the wall when it came to his autocratic, arrogant style and left beforehand.

Frankly, his contribution to the club can't even be compared to Harvey's and pity he didn't learn a thing or too from the great man's humbleness and things would have been significantly better at the club.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Spot on SuperSaint.

I wish Thomas had taken his own advice.

Mark Williams made the hard calls at Port, and look where they are now - in a GF.

Thomas didn't have the guts (well, he certainly has guts, but that's more from over-eating) to "exit out" Peckett, Powell and Thommo at the end of 2005 when all should have retired.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Get over it GT... you're not coach... so you don't have a say.

They walk amongst us...

gO.SainTs
Club Player

Grant Thomas should really just leave the Saints alone.....

It's not his choice to make Harvey play on or not, it's completely Banger's descision.

Please......just let us be...

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Also heard him during the show today

went on about how a club/coach should just recruit kids aala hawks coll etc......

hmm

saint4life
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Spot on SuperSaint.

Thomas didn't have the guts (well, he certainly has guts, but that's more from over-eating) to "exit out" Peckett, Powell and Thommo at the end of 2005 when all should have retired.
How true.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

well i guess gt will look like an idiot when harves wins his 3rd brownlow in 08

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Aside from the sheer stupidity of wanting Harves to quit and the fact that he just can't shut his damn mouth, there is another aspect to his comments.

When you consider the near-universal relief and joy among St.Kilda supporters that Harves is playing on, Thomas's claim that he'd have told him to retire is a further expression of how out of touch he is with the supporters. It is the one thing he still shares with RB. We mean nothing to them.

This came up again in a discussion about the possibility of Fev leaving Carlton. GT was asked whether a decision to sell him would leave 1000s of young supporters disillusioned and be a problem for Carlton in the long run--memberships etc. GT just laughed and said, "imagine a coach taking supporters feelings into his decisions." I was floored at how callously he put it. It is not that coaching is a democracy and you solicit the opinions of the members, you don't and can't but GT and RB have only exhibited contempt for us. It is poetic justice that they'll have destroyed each other and they'll both be left with nothing in football terms.

Carna Saints!!!
Mooksy
Club Player

Now I have never been a Thomas basher but quite frankly, I'm sick of the rubbish he spouts on SEN about "if I were coach". He has said numerous things this year he claims he would have done differently such as not playing Milne and Gehrig interstate and blah blah blah....but I can't help but think it's much easier for him to be saying such things whilst he isn't coach. You are boring me now Grant. Shut up.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
my thouights exactly...but i was pro thomas...until now.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:Aside from the sheer stupidity of wanting Harves to quit and the fact that he just can't shut his damn mouth, there is another aspect to his comments.

When you consider the near-universal relief and joy among St.Kilda supporters that Harves is playing on, Thomas's claim that he'd have told him to retire is a further expression of how out of touch he is with the supporters. It is the one thing he still shares with RB. We mean nothing to them.

This came up again in a discussion about the possibility of Fev leaving Carlton. GT was asked whether a decision to sell him would leave 1000s of young supporters disillusioned and be a problem for Carlton in the long run--memberships etc. GT just laughed and said, "imagine a coach taking supporters feelings into his decisions." I was floored at how callously he put it. It is not that coaching is a democracy and you solicit the opinions of the members, you don't and can't but GT and RB have only exhibited contempt for us. It is poetic justice that they'll have destroyed each other and they'll both be left with nothing in football terms.

good post.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.