Judd - No to Essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cazper66

Judd - No to Essendon

Just confirmed on SEN. His manager has advised Essendon that his preferred clubs are Carlton and Collingwood.

Let the games begin!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Pratt vs Eddie

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gO.SainTs
Club Player

I think he might go to Collingwood :?

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

This is so unbelievable , how can one guy have so much power to do this. I know he is a brilliant player but gee you just have to wonder about the effect he will have with the club that he chooses to go to. Surely there will be huge sacrifices made for this guy and you would want to hope that he can still perform. All of this adds to the huge amount af money he will be getting and how much of the pie is left for others.
I am glad he did not want to come to us.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ok, I'd prefer him to go to Collingwood - given they have the Lexus Centre and there isn't huge recent past issues like Carlton, it's a safer bet for the "clean" Judd (eyes excepted of course!).

I detest the beggars and want their supporters to live in false hope for a few more years yet.

If the Pies get Judd, they'll have to loose a few decent players given through trading/on trading etc given their high finishing point.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Halo Halo
Club Player

stairwaytoheaven wrote:This is so unbelievable , how can one guy have so much power to do this. I know he is a brilliant player but gee you just have to wonder about the effect he will have with the club that he chooses to go to. Surely there will be huge sacrifices made for this guy and you would want to hope that he can still perform. All of this adds to the huge amount af money he will be getting and how much of the pie is left for others.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR POST!! SAID EXCATLY WHAT I WAS THINKING :-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Halo Halo wrote:
stairwaytoheaven wrote:This is so unbelievable , how can one guy have so much power to do this. I know he is a brilliant player but gee you just have to wonder about the effect he will have with the club that he chooses to go to. Surely there will be huge sacrifices made for this guy and you would want to hope that he can still perform. All of this adds to the huge amount af money he will be getting and how much of the pie is left for others.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR POST!! SAID EXCATLY WHAT I WAS THINKING :-)
Well if we had got him and only lost draft picks it would just about win a flag so I am not sure I am glad we didnt get him.

Richter
SS Life Member

Yeah, unbelievable isn't it. A bloke getting to choose who he works for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hands up on here who isn't able to choose where they work at the end of their contract....... don't all rush now......

The unbelievable part of it all is that the vast majority of players are unable to do so.

Yes, it is part of the price we pay so that there is some equity - i.e. Collingwood don't just get all the best players.

But currently trade week is a joke. So many players languish at clubs where they don't want to be. There should be much more opportunity for players to move club if they wish. Take any Carlton player for instance. Surely it should be against the law to force players to play for that rabble? :wink: :D

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Yeah, unbelievable isn't it. A bloke getting to choose who he works for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hands up on here who isn't able to choose where they work at the end of their contract....... don't all rush now......

The unbelievable part of it all is that the vast majority of players are unable to do so.

Yes, it is part of the price we pay so that there is some equity - i.e. Collingwood don't just get all the best players.

But currently trade week is a joke. So many players languish at clubs where they don't want to be. There should be much more opportunity for players to move club if they wish. Take any Carlton player for instance. Surely it should be against the law to force players to play for that rabble? :wink: :D
This is the post thats exactly right.
I fair dinkum dont understand the vitriol directed at Judd.
If I was to leave ( or get, in my situation ;) ) a job, id want the best conditions and the best contract deal too.
Get over it.

woooosaints
Club Player

judds an arrogant poof picking and choosing who he wants hes ridiculous

Beej
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
Richter wrote:Yeah, unbelievable isn't it. A bloke getting to choose who he works for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

This is the post thats exactly right.
I fair dinkum dont understand the vitriol directed at Judd.
If I was to leave ( or get, in my situation ;) ) a job, id want the best conditions and the best contract deal too.
Get over it.
Agreed.

But will it open up a whole new can of worms where eventually players will change clubs at such frequency that one day the term loyalty will be a thing of the past?

If a Premiership captain as revered as Judd can switch clubs, then not much is going to stop someone else.

It is frowned upon now, but Judd has paved the way for others to follow and soon it will be the norm.

The game is changing.
Last edited by Beej on Mon 01 Oct 2007 7:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

woooosaints wrote:judds an arrogant poof picking and choosing who he wants hes ridiculous

a poof with a very sexy girlfriend though....isn't that a bit unusual.......????

... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
woooosaints wrote:judds an arrogant poof picking and choosing who he wants hes ridiculous

a poof with a very sexy girlfriend though....isn't that a bit unusual.......????

Hmmmm.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

.... :wink: :wink: :wink: ...i'm still shocked by that one....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
brewski
Club Player

Wet toast should be rightly pissed off about this whole thing, Judd is a liar he claims the only reason to leave the West was to be close to family and he didnt care who he played for "Id even play for the Eastcoast Eagles" and i dont want to leave the Coasters in the lurch by leaving, yeah bollocks why then select the team hardest in the AFL to do a deal with chris?, he will make a deal to go to the Barcodes and as usual Eddie will offer up jack s*** and the Eagles will probably take it, watch this space because it looks like free agency has already begun.

I hope the Weagles put him in the Draft and send him to Punt Rd, that will stick it up the big headed twat.

Banned by the censors
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Glad he is not coming here...

Don't know how Collingwood will get him. No pick in the top 10... They will have to give up heaps! Ha ha

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Respect for Judd Status - The yellow line indicates the respect

Behind Play
Club Player

IMO West Coast will not deal with the filth........If I remember correctly Port wouldn't deal with them when Stevens wanted a change.

I am very happy he isn't coming to us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:IMO West Coast will not deal with the filth........If I remember correctly Port wouldn't deal with them when Stevens wanted a change.

Can I ask why your happy the best player in the AFL is not coming to us.

Behind Play
Club Player

may be the best player in the AFL, but he is also the biggest prima donna going around.

IMO Judd is for Judd, and these elitist club are pandering to his ego.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I think we'd better get used to it. IMO free trade is only a couple of years away. Judd is doing whats best for Judd, I dont have a problem with it.

nicko016
Club Player

Im getting increasingly sick of the whole Judd parade. I would of much preffered him go to Melbourne and I didnt like the way he wrote them off because of poorer facilities.

Bevan Shorluey
Club Player

Yeah, it's like Sponsors being able to choose which club they sponsor...or don't!

goodie
Club Player

stinger wrote:

The term you're searching for is 'beard', not 'girlfriend'.
plugger66 wrote:
Behind Play wrote:IMO West Coast will not deal with the filth........If I remember correctly Port wouldn't deal with them when Stevens wanted a change.

Can I ask why your happy the best player in the AFL is not coming to us.
Because West Coast will demand the world for him. They won't get it, but I suspect the cost would be higher than I, and many others, would be comfortable with giving up.

He's a great player, but he's still only one player.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

If they allow this free trade to happen i will not follow AFL anymore.
I could see it right now as players stack a team so they can win a premiership. Border line cheating that is.