Cough up number 1 pick or you lose Judd

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brian Collis
Club Player

Cough up number 1 pick or you lose Judd

WCE won't deal with Carltoon unless they cough up no1. Good on em cos Judd is worth two number 1 picks, if we look at what the baggers picked up with Murphy and Gibbs in the last couple of years. WCE deserve pick 1 and 3.

St Igmata
Club Player

There is no way WC will be compensated for Judd accordingly.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

St Igmata wrote:There is no way WC will be compensated for Judd accordingly.
Agree they will play hard ball, but will fold their cards sooner or later. An ''ok/good'' deal involving 3,20 + player isn't all that bad.

3 Will probably get them Morton, 20 is ok, they already have another first rounder? + a player goes alright.

Thing is with no.1 I doubt they'd pick up Kruezer.

Carpe Diem
Liam_G
Club Player

If they think Morton is a chance to be picked up by the Tigers at #2, they'd be pretty keen to secure the #1 so they can get him. If they believe the Tigers have no interest in Morton at #2, then they will be able to get their man with the #3 from the Blues.

GrumpyOne

Not even Judd would be worth giving up Krueser (spelling) for. The guy will be a superstar.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

For all the bluffing from both clubs I think the end result will be pick 3 and Kennedy, with maybe 20 thrown in as well.

If they can wrangle pick 20, don't rule out West Coast throwing in a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a way of placating Carlton.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

This trade could get ugly if there's a stand off. Pick 3, 20 and Kennedy will be the bench mark. WCE will want more, Carlton will not give up #1 which opens other scenarios:

Carlton to trade with another club for another top 10

WCE to canvass what other clubs are willing to offer but then Judd has to agree but sounds like he wouldn't as he's done them no favours by ruling out other clubs. (Primadonna!)

Richmond are in a happy place at the moment as would have option on him in PSD but more likely could be thrown a Peppercorn Trade by Carlton, i.e. Pick 3 for a no name player with the promise they do not pick up Judd in PSD then Blues get their man for the cost of Pick 3 and save themselves Pick 20 and Kennedy.

Unfortunately Trade week will once again be log jammed and held up while everyone waits for the Judd deal to be put to bed.

JeffDunne

If I was West Coast there is no way I'd allow Carlton to get Judd and then still have a pick before them.

It would be their first pick or nothing.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Hypothetical - what happens if no deal can be done ? Does he go into the PSD? and if so who gets him?

GrumpyOne

fingers wrote:Hypothetical - what happens if no deal can be done ? Does he go into the PSD? and if so who gets him?
Yes, and whoever has first pick AND room in the salary cap for him.

I think Richmond have first pick. Room in their cap but he will put a high price on his head to deter them.

Or Carlton could do a backdoor deal with Richmond and thereby get him for nothing.

The Blues are not above this sort of skull-duggery.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

West Coast will act hard but really theyre going to settle for the third pick, a second rounder and another player

or if carlton can get their hands on another first round selection theyll trade that with pick three - west coast will accept

the reason being is that west coast's priority is getting Judd to the blues, they dont want to make him angry with them so he doesnt announce the REAL reason why he left the coast

No I know nothing, its just a hypothetical

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:
fingers wrote:Hypothetical - what happens if no deal can be done ? Does he go into the PSD? and if so who gets him?
Yes, and whoever has first pick AND room in the salary cap for him.

I think Richmond have first pick. Room in their cap but he will put a high price on his head to deter them.

Or Carlton could do a backdoor deal with Richmond and thereby get him for nothing.

The Blues are not above this sort of skull-duggery.
That is correct the price on his head will be astronomical to deter the Tigger from taking him. But the price of going over the cap is worth it when you get a champion of the game who will make you young team better. If i was the tiggers i would take him no matter what when it came to the PSD. Would also offer the WCE in trade week Pick 2, 18 and Tambling or Krakour.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Judd is worth three picks inside the top ten; his value is obviously diluted a touch by come-home, injuries and contractual issues.

If I was Carlton, I'd give up Pick 1 and 3 to get him. Seriously. I'd give up even more if push came to shove.

Anything less than that would be a terrible deal for West Coast.

But yes, don't rule out some sort of 'compensation' going to Richmond from Carlton. Possibly even a Veale-deal type scenario; something like B Fisher for pick 80, in exchange for a you-don't-touch-Judd deal.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:But yes, don't rule out some sort of 'compensation' going to Richmond from Carlton. Possibly even a Veale-deal type scenario; something like B Fisher for pick 80, in exchange for a you-don't-touch-Judd deal.
If the Blues gave away pick 80 it would piss the Roos off since it doesn't belong to the Blues. The Blues last pick is #68 :wink:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
evertonfc wrote:But yes, don't rule out some sort of 'compensation' going to Richmond from Carlton. Possibly even a Veale-deal type scenario; something like B Fisher for pick 80, in exchange for a you-don't-touch-Judd deal.
If the Blues gave away pick 80 it would piss the Roos off since it doesn't belong to the Blues. The Blues last pick is #68 :wink:
Fair call :D

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

agree everton, at very least Judd is worth their number 3 pick and another top 10 pick (secured through a trade).

Whatever happens, if Judd ends up at Carlton, I wish him the worst as I'd love to see them finish bottom 4 next season even with Judd!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:agree everton, at very least Judd is worth their number 3 pick and another top 10 pick (secured through a trade).

Whatever happens, if Judd ends up at Carlton, I wish him the worst as I'd love to see them finish bottom 4 next season even with Judd!!
It is highly likely that Judd could be the player supporters from all clubs boo and jeer next season. Simply by choosing to play for a club of cheats and liars his good name will be forever tainted. He will have no one else but himself to blame for it either.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:agree everton, at very least Judd is worth their number 3 pick and another top 10 pick (secured through a trade).

It is highly likely that Judd could be the player supporters from all clubs boo and jeer next season. Simply by choosing to play for a club of cheats and liars his good name will be forever tainted. He will have no one else but himself to blame for it either.
Annyone else feel that this whole thing has a bit of Nathan Buckley to Collingwood from Brisbane about it?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Not even Judd would be worth giving up Krueser (spelling) for. The guy will be a superstar.
Right up there with Clive Waterhouse and Richard Lounder???;-) 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
GrumpyOne

saint66au wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Not even Judd would be worth giving up Krueser (spelling) for. The guy will be a superstar.
Wait and see 66. This kid can play, which is where he excells obove the other two you mention.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I bloody hate Carlton, hand over pick 1 you pr*cks!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Riewoldts_Tears
Club Player

WC want 1 and 3, we want 3 and Kennedy.

1 wont traded, so WC will either accept our deal or he'll be off to Richmond.

claystreet
Club Player

Judd will be in the Swan Hill 3rds the way that op is going to hamper him

:lol:

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Wait and see 66. This kid can play, which is where he excells obove the other two you mention.
Yes, but still not quite in the John Hutton/Stephen Hooper category just yet.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
GrumpyOne

B W and R all over wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Yes, but still not quite in the John Hutton/Stephen Hooper category just yet.
He will play more games than all four combined.

The science of Drafting has progressed since then

Put your AFL Almanack away, the jokes wearing thin.