Eade - not easy to work with??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yipper
SS Life Member

Eade - not easy to work with??

With our poaching of a top class footy manager in Matthew Drain from the Doggies, and the exodus of other staff from the kennel all happening quite quickly.. Is Rocket Eade to much of a hot head to work with. He sure likes going off his nut in the box during a game - but I have heard he really has upset ppl at the kennel with his verbal abuse - short fuse.

I know - not a saints issue, but an interesting footy story nevertheless!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
GrumpyOne

Short fuse with a foul and offensive mouth.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Great coach. Would love him to be in charge of our players.

Coaching the Dogs is a tough ask - with no injuries in 2008, they'll be in the mix, make no mistake.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Great coach.
Why?

What is that based on?

When I look at Eade's record (apart from year 1), I see nothing but mediocrity.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Why?

What is that based on?

Have to agree - can't see anything that points to "great coach"

yipper
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Why?

What is that based on?

Agree - blatantly overrated coach. Hailed as tactically brilliant, but has no consistent record of success over the years he has coached. Teams he coaches always seem to lack alternative plans when the opposition get in front.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Depending on who's spin you believe, the Bulldogs are doing a cleanout anyway, so there may not be too much to read into the number of departures... but then, if I had that number of departures, I'd say I was doing a cleanout... Did Eade have similar issues with assistants in Sydney?

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintm
Club Player

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 75,00.html

Article from today's Herald Sun under the heading Tigers want Dogs' Scott Clayton.
Seems as though most of the departures have reasonable explanations.

Matthew Drain's departure also rates a mention

"HIGH-performance manager Matthew Drain to St Kilda on Monday.

It's believed Drain, a close friend of Eade's, had a verbal undertaking a new contract was coming, but apparently got itchy feet and jumped at the Saints' offer of a similar position."

yipper
SS Life Member

I believe he lost the players almost 100% and was off-side with club staff when he left Sydney. Roos took over in 2002 and was appointed f/time in 2003 and wins a flag 2 years later.

Just as a matter of interest - coaching record:

Has coached 10 years. 220 games - 122 wins,103 losses and 3 draws.

(55%) Finshed 2nd in his first year as coach (1996) but has not finished higher than 5th in any other year he has coached since. 10 finals all up for 4 wins and 6 losses. Hardly an excellent coaching record.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Why?

What is that based on?

Have to agree - can't see anything that points to "great coach"
Agreed - Media Darling like Wallace, mediocre coach - just like Wallace.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Behind Play
Club Player

The Sydney issue is fact, got off side with the board, and has poor people skills.

May be the same thing is happening at the dogs.

bendigo bob
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Short fuse with a foul and offensive mouth.
Can confirm this from ex player. Had assistants walking out of the coaches box at the end of the year with attitude and offensive mouth.

Would not want him at the saints in any capacity!!

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
supersaints
Club Player

Eade will last about five years with the dogs --- maximun, All the players will be ready to walk out on the club by then , just as they threatened too in Sydney, he is a fairdinkum A...Hole

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Flavour of the month to sink the boot in, all because injuries ruined their year.

He kept Sydney consistently competitive (made finals year after year, added to a 1996 GF appearence) and developed heaps of talent for Roos to work with.

Had the Dogs playing exhilirating footy last year. With a bit of luck, they'll have a real crack next year.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

RBnW
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Flavour of the month to sink the boot in, all because injuries ruined their year.

He kept Sydney consistently competitive (made finals year after year, added to a 1996 GF appearence) and developed heaps of talent for Roos to work with.

Had the Dogs playing exhilirating footy last year. With a bit of luck, they'll have a real crack next year.
Well they better get a few things in place quick, cause there aint many people around to get them ready to go for Rd 1,
It's not great to start back training with no assistants, no footy manager and by next month no recruitment guy....they are stuffed...and won't make the 8 in 2008...Rocket could be the first coach to go in 2008...maybe he will get the Everton job you obviously love him...

Our best is yet
to come......
stinger
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:I believe he lost the players almost 100% and was off-side with club staff when he left Sydney. Roos took over in 2002 and was appointed f/time in 2003 and wins a flag 2 years later.

(55%) Finshed 2nd in his first year as coach (1996) but has not finished higher than 5th in any other year he has coached since. 10 finals all up for 4 wins and 6 losses. Hardly an excellent coaching record.
he's a dud....the dullbogs will wake up one day...and he will get the flick...out of him and wallace for the next sacked coach sweep.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
RBnW
Club Player

stinger wrote:
yipper wrote:I believe he lost the players almost 100% and was off-side with club staff when he left Sydney. Roos took over in 2002 and was appointed f/time in 2003 and wins a flag 2 years later.

he's a dud....the dullbogs will wake up one day...and he will get the flick...out of him and wallace for the next sacked coach sweep.....
The game has passed him by, it happens so quickly too, .....you go from a Hawk, to a Swan, to a Dog in no time....and when you are a Dog there isn't much after that........... well there is always Port Melbourne that job will be vacant soon...Hawk, Cat,Crow,Bomber....???

Our best is yet
to come......
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he is the most overrated coach...that and terry wallace

apart from the first seasonwhere he led the swans to the gf...apart form that he has done nothing...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Cant add anything to the Eade debate, but know 100% that a certain Junkyard Dog of a coach trashed a laptop in the TD coaches box during a game

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
RBnW
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:he is the most overrated coach...that and terry wallace

apart from the first seasonwhere he led the swans to the gf...apart form that he has done nothing...

Not according to this guy....they must be related, in fact it must be his Mum...could you imagine Eade instead of Lyon......... I know you post a lot mate but do you ever go to the footy or are you a Foxtel member, I think you could be watching to many 1980's Hawthorn replays no one could love Eade that much without being related or stuck in the 80's.
He brought in the Flood, then went to the other extreme and played on at all costs...please time to change channels it's 2008 and Rodney is on the way out...first to go...

quote="evertonfc"]Great coach. Would love him to be in charge of our players.

Coaching the Dogs is a tough ask - with no injuries in 2008, they'll be in the mix, make no mistake.[/quote]

Our best is yet
to come......
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:he is the most overrated coach...that and terry wallace

Not according to this guy....they must be related, in fact it must be his Mum...could you imagine Eade instead of Lyon......... I know you post a lot mate but do you ever go to the footy or are you a Foxtel member, I think you could be watching to many 1980's Hawthorn replays no one could love Eade that much without being related or stuck in the 80's.
He brought in the Flood, then went to the other extreme and played on at all costs...please time to change channels it's 2008 and Rodney is on the way out...first to go...

Coaching the Dogs is a tough ask - with no injuries in 2008, they'll be in the mix, make no mistake.
[/quote]

no offence but i think that you buggered up the reply button...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
RBnW
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
RBnW wrote:

no offence but i think that you buggered up the reply button...[/quote]

Yes I did...sorry, he won't see it unless it on Foxtel...
I am just new to this posting stuff

Our best is yet
to come......
RBnW
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Great coach. Would love him to be in charge of our players.

Our best is yet
to come......
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Along with Wallet is the most overated coach going around.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Eade did get Sydney in a GF, however he did have the greatest goal kicker the game has ever seen in his prime in his team.

Eade very average...