If cousins is sacked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
evertonfc wrote:He's gone too far this time. Needs to get out of Perth.

I hope we take him with our first pick in the PSD.

:shock:
Are you serious Everton? He's a walking disaster off the field and I for one wouldn't want him anywhere ner Moorabbin.
I dunno...

I don't want his off-field attributes, but I want his on-field talent. Gardiner was seen as a walking headline in Perth, but in Melbourne, he's created barely a headline.

He seems solely focussed on football, even if he hasn't had an impact there yet. Sometimes I reckon if you're stuck in the wrong environment, you'll keep re-offending. I've got no doubt this is why certain blokes will always stuff up in the same place, no matter what you do to them.

Got a feeling a change of club would leave Cousins with something to prove, something he's never previously had to prove.

I just don't believe in sinking the boot in at all costs. I believe in exploring every opportunity.

I still believe we should explore this one. I'd like the club to investigate the possibility of taking him on, maybe for a pre-season (if he's delisted), and if it's clear he's not capable of keeping him on, then sure, let him go...

But if he does everything we ask of him, I'm not sure I wouldn't want him.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Im happy to sink the boot into cousins.

if and thats a big if, he ends up at st kilda I will have to be quiet till he leaves.

still given his attitude, he lack of regard, and his behaviour, I can't see him really contribution much.

whats almost as bad is the martyr complex some sycophantic WCE fans are taking regarding this player. I've read posts blaming the police for arresting him :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

I don't want his off-field attributes, but I want his on-field talent. Gardiner was seen as a walking headline in Perth, but in Melbourne, he's created barely a headline.

There is big difference between the two.....

For example when Gardiner and Cousins were both pulled up for associating with crime identities (and it was ona CCTV)..

Gardiner told the Eagles that he would do whatever the club wanted....training etc but that he should be free to choose who his friends are.

Cousins by contrast just lied and denied that he knew the people concerned.

In addition Gardiner has pulled his head in and knuckled down and calmed down his social activities.

Cousins has just blithely charged on and continually refuses the opportunity to reform.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 17 Oct 2007 4:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Hes still in the same environment he was in lasty year. and the year before. and the year before.

the best thing for gardiner was to leave WA.

id recommend it to cousins too.

fisher_fan
Club Player

If cousins is deregistered from the AFL does that mean he could never come back?

Imagine the benders Gardiner would have with him??? Its not worth it, might aswell bring Chick with him, jeez that have some big nights. Would prefer if we kept going as we are. Got Schneider, King and the others, don't need Cousins....Ball, Dal Santo, Hayes are a fine midfield, why cut there time for him??? And why keep other guys like Dempster and the Clarkes rotating through VFL so Cousins can walk in and have a game???

such is life
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

[[/quote]

I dunno...
He seems solely focussed on football, even if he hasn't had an impact there yet. Sometimes I reckon if you're stuck in the wrong environment, you'll keep re-offending. I've got no doubt this is why certain blokes will always stuff up in the same place, no matter what you do to them.
Got a feeling a change of club would leave Cousins with something to prove, something he's never previously had to prove.
I just don't believe in sinking the boot in at all costs. I believe in exploring every opportunity.
I still believe we should explore this one. I'd like the club to investigate the possibility of taking him on, maybe for a pre-season (if he's delisted), and if it's clear he's not capable of keeping him on, then sure, let him go...
But if he does everything we ask of him, I'm not sure I wouldn't want him.[/quote]

Yep, I understand your willingness to give someone a chance in a new environment, sometimes it's all someone needs to blossom. But I reckon Cousins is a bridge too far. He's shown no real remorse or more importantly, genuine ability to pull himself into line. He's probably been shattered by Mainwaring's death and that may heave had something to do with this incident. Then again he may have continued to do drugs all year. Whatever the case, he's shown that he's just too destructive to himself and the Weagles and IMO is a risk not worth taking for StKFC. There's an arrogance and "I'm a God" attitude that goes with being told you're the best thing in Perth since sliced bread, and I've seen no indication at all that's changed one bit throughout this whole saga.
The guy IMO needs to focus on getting his life together, rather than continuing to live like a Perth rock-star.