"Finally the truth!"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

I feel for his family and friends... I feel for them having to put up with this morons antics.

He goes overseas to go to a clinic... but he goes to some chicks apartment and hits the drugs for 5 straight days.

Simply, Ben does not want to get better, he is enjoying every single minute of what he is doing, if he didn't he would come out and apologise to his family, friends, supporters and everyone in general... without that bloody SMUG, remorseless look on his face.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot accept that he is trying to do anything at all about all of this... He is making his own choices in the matter, and frankly that's no one else's prerogative but his.

Sort yourself out Ben, you earn respect (like you have with your football abilities), it's not an automatic thing.

They walk amongst us...

linz
Club Player

It is a very sad set of circumstances. On one hand I despise him because here is a handsome carefree maverick taunting society's values. He is effectivelly gathering a support group by his behaviour. Look at the raptuous applause he received on his comeback game. He shunned authority.

On the other hand I feel sorry for him. He is an addict & the drugs affect his mind and behaviour. He can't stop the other mind (addict) from influencing his behaviour.

I feel sorry for him & maybe he needs compulsory treatment. :( :(
Last edited by linz on Fri 09 Nov 2007 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Compulsory in what sense?

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
linz
Club Player

I am not a physchiatrist, BUT if his addiction results in the physical harm to himself (or more importantly others); then he should be put away until he is well again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:I feel for his family and friends... I feel for them having to put up with this morons antics.

He goes overseas to go to a clinic... but he goes to some chicks apartment and hits the drugs for 5 straight days.

Simply, Ben does not want to get better, he is enjoying every single minute of what he is doing, if he didn't he would come out and apologise to his family, friends, supporters and everyone in general... without that bloody SMUG, remorseless look on his face.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot accept that he is trying to do anything at all about all of this... He is making his own choices in the matter, and frankly that's no one else's prerogative but his.

Sort yourself out Ben, you earn respect (like you have with your football abilities), it's not an automatic thing.
Mate he is an addict. He wouldnt even know he has a problem. I can say on this topic you have no idea.

linz
Club Player

It is a very sad set of circumstances. On one hand I despise him because here is a handsome carefree maverick taunting society's values. He is effectivally gathering a support group by his behaviour. Look at the raptuous applause he received on his comeback game. He shunned authority.

On the other hand I feel sorry for him. He is an addict & the drugs affect his mind and behaviour. He can't stop the other mind (addict) from influencing his behaviour.

I feel sorry for him & maybe he needs compulsory treatment. :( :(

stinger
Saintsational Legend

karnak wrote:
My advice is get out there and actually meet some recovering or recovered addicts and ask them why they took it up etc. I tell you what afterwards you probably wont be so quick to judge.

Rant over.

Over and Out.

met enough of them in my life...to last a life time.....so, no thanks....even the recovered ones will probably fall of the wagon at some time.....knew one who actually got a gong for her work with addicts...and all along she was a dealer..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Put away where?

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
HSVKing wrote:I feel for his family and friends... I feel for them having to put up with this morons antics.

Mate he is an addict. He wouldnt even know he has a problem. I can say on this topic you have no idea.
And I'd say you don't know who I am, so don't judge me thank you.

I have many people who think exactly the same as I do.

And who's to say you're a genius on this topic too?

They walk amongst us...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And I'd say you don't know who I am, so don't judge me thank you.

I have many people who think exactly the same as I do.

And who's to say you're a genius on this topic too?
I do not know you but I know addicts and it isnt as simple as you make out. Millions cannot even give up grog or smokes let alone drugs. And I dont care how many of your friends think the same all it proves is they dont understand either. By the way I certainly am no genius on the topic but I have common sense. That is more important than anything.

linz
Club Player

Riewoldting wrote:Put away where?
Given the question; maybe that's why Ben is flying to LA. And when that fails, he can drop in to a Sydney clinic to clean up. Is there anything out West? :roll:

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

linz wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:Put away where?
Given the question; maybe that's why Ben is flying to LA. And when that fails, he can drop in to a Sydney clinic to clean up. Is there anything out West? :roll:
Is there any what out west?

linz
Club Player

Any intelligent life.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Well, put it this way: we have a hell of a lot less pretenders saying drug addicts should be "put away" in rehabilitation clinics. :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:And to the people who say he took it to cheat must now know that he is an addict not a cheat. We should now feel for him as he has a problem.
i, for one, have never said he takes it to cheat; merely that it is performance enhancing.

i think he takes these stimulants to feel better. the enhanced performances are a fringe benefit.

doesn't change the fact that these drugs are performance-enhancing.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I do not know you but I know addicts and it isnt as simple as you make out.
Well as myself, family, friends, work colleagues etc all say... he chose to start it, he was the one who put it in his body, he made the decision.

I'm not arguing with the 'addict' part of it, I'm saying it's his own fault to begin with and he has to face the consequences.

There's two sides to every story mate, you take your side, I'll take mine.

In my view, Ben has been handed life on a platter (yes, he has worked hard to get where he has in football, but a lot of it is natural), and the problem with that is he has thrown it all back in everyones faces.

Ben is in his own world right now, he needs to let people in to help him, and as we can see, he is a long way from doing that at the moment.

They walk amongst us...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I'm a confirmed WCE hater and Cousins is top of my list of those I hate at WCE.
But, it's now clear that he has an addiction and I have sympathy for him.
I know a bit about addictions and it's very easy to judge addicts at face value. Yep they're unreliable, inclined to steal, lie and cheat, but when you're in the grip of an addicttion, it's a mental illness as well as a physical chemical addiction. If it's overtaken his life, and it certainly looks like it has, then he would feel powerless to stop it. All other considerations would be secondary to getting a fix.
I know that it's his choice, but give him some compassion. It's an illness.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:And to the people who say he took it to cheat must now know that he is an addict not a cheat. We should now feel for him as he has a problem.
I have also never called him a cheat.

They walk amongst us...

linz
Club Player

Riewoldting wrote:Well, put it this way: we have a hell of a lot less pretenders saying drug addicts should be "put away" in rehabilitation clinics. :roll:
Exactly. Clearly the bloke should be playing football. Also, clearly if he risks his life & more importantly puts other peoples lives at risk, he must be protected. Not just for himself but for the protection of others.

It would be tragic for people to lose their lives from this life drama.
So far Mainwaring is gone. Only an acquantance ??

Sit back & relax Riewoldting. "Benny is going to be fine just fine".

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Substance abuse is not a mental health disorder. Although there is comorbidity of disorders, they are distinct.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

linz wrote:Also, clearly if he risks his life & more importantly puts other peoples lives at risk, he must be protected. Not just for himself but for the protection of others.
Clearly if linz self-harms and puts others at risk of harm, he should be immediately detained for psychiatric assessment. How could you possibly argue with that?

Sit back and relax, everybody. Linz is going to be fine, just fine.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Wasn't it reported that Daniel Chick was in LA with him last week? I would also imagine that any claim he has against WCE & the AFL would now be null & void.

Have great sympathy for his family, it would be terrible watching your child go through something like this, but for them to have to do it in the public eye would be a living nightmare.

claystreet
Club Player

i feel sorry for ben boo hoo
pigs arse he bought it on himself
sick of hearing about him

all these johnny be goods getting on the cousins wagon
or was that off the wagon

and dont tell me i dont know junkies i have worked with been related to
and had freinds who were and at least they made a fkn effort, and the fool who compared ex vets and cousins thats sad real sad, never compare a veteran with that junkie piece of shyte cousins, he isnt worth being compared to their boot laces

hey we might draft ocousins and win a flag or was that an freebase coke pipe

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Substance abuse is not a mental health disorder. Although there is comorbidity of disorders, they are distinct.
Agree with you Riewoldting. The actual substance abuse is not an illness, but a mental illness or imbalance is frequently at the root of out of control substance abuse.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
stinger wrote:
karnak wrote:Drug use and addiction is often a reflection of society as well as the individual.

statistic came out yesterday that 1/4 of the homeless in the US are veterans. Don't always be so quick to jump down peoples throats when it comes to drug addiction/homelessness.

P
what do homeless war vets and ben cousins have in common....????.....nothing....imhfo...
Too subtle for ya?
claystreet wrote...

"and dont tell me i dont know junkies i have worked with been related to
and had freinds who were and at least they made a fkn effort, and the fool who compared ex vets and cousins thats sad real sad, never compare a veteran with that junkie piece of shyte cousins, he isnt worth being compared to their boot laces"

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

...that subtle enough..... :roll: :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.