caroline wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:I'm sure Caro can take it, shes a jurno, shes bound to have a thick skin (pun unintended).
Where's the pun?

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
riccardo wrote:I'm sure Caro can take it, shes a jurno, shes bound to have a thick skin (pun unintended).
Where's the pun?
"thick skin" - could lead to all sorts of complexion jokes.

Didn't think it was that subtle of a refrence. :?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

caro is actually bucketed on most forums....here is one of the milder comments from tanking crap......

...Blue Oasis

"The railroad tracks she wore havent helpd her dried up prune face.

I had to buy a digital watch because every time i went onto the Age footy site her picture would stop the hands on my Omega"

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

FWIW, since terrysmith has been written of by some as a Richmond supporter, I'm a Saints supporter and I think many go to ridiculous lengths to bag Caroline Wilson too. Don't get me wrong, I don't like her, I rarely agree with her, and thinks she's aweful on TV, and really hate the impression she gives that her opinion is largely based on the inside trading of the persone with the biggest title who gave her a quote off the record... but as many have done in this thread, one can take her to task on the merits.

Posts suggesting she's not qualified for her job, or as terrysmith pointed out, suggesting she slept her way to the top, or is no good because she's ugly say more about the poster than they do about Caroline Wilson.

Unfortunately, the issue this creates that seems to be escaping is that what she IS good at is raising topics that should be discussed - and then the issue gets hijacked by who raised it (off the top of my head, I'm thinking of her article about abuse towards a junior umpire or coach or someone around grand final time, but it's certainly not isolated).

Anyway, I'll get off this high horse now, before it throws me.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
stinger
Saintsational Legend

you appear to have excused her double standards...she tries to come across as impartial.....that her close connections to the tigers doesn't influence her journo ethics......which is pure crap....i posted the original thread for that very reason...she slammed st kilda for recruiting gardiner...but makes no comment on her tigers recruitment of polak.....

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Re: caroline wilson

stinger wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:dear moderators

Again we see a thread "discussing" the merits of her article. Again she is described as a b***h amongst other things.

This language is not only purely offensive, it is sexist and misogynist. It never ceases to amaze me that simply because she is a woman she cannot know anything about football and worse, that is is implied that "she must have slept her way to her position or information", that her looks are somehow connected to her ability.

These comments are neither intelligent or funny and should not be welcome on this site.

fqf

...someone with terry smith's name in his signature sticking up for caro...a richmond supporter....what a surprise....your not caro are you....???? :roll: :roll: :roll:
that was my 300th post on this site, just enjoyed watching ts playing for the saints all those years ago

bigred
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:
bigred wrote:
Patrick Smith has copped far worse I reckon over the years..to the point of being heckled by a SS poster in the Moorabbin Car Park
And he deserved every bit of it.

And jeez the photo's were a treat :wink:

:shock: Was I the worst thing ever to happen to Patrick?

I am just so PROUD! :D
Funny as hell!!

The photo's were just a perfect representation of what he is...

He sweats when he eats that fella.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
killa_gram
Club Player

stinger wrote:you appear to have excused her double standards...she tries to come across as impartial.....that her close connections to the tigers doesn't influence her journo ethics......which is pure crap....i posted the original thread for that very reason...she slammed st kilda for recruiting gardiner...but makes no comment on her tigers recruitment of polak.....
I think the difference is that Polak's name has never officially been released by the AFL (pathetic Dimwit and mates), however, Gardy's troubles are well documented and in the public domain. I would think that is more the reason why she mentions one and not the other. Plus also the artcle is about the WCE not taking responsibility and Polak was a Freo player. IMO all valid reasons why she would meantion Gardie. Personally, I am not so insecure about the club to think that she has a vendetta against us.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: caroline wilson

terry smith rules wrote:
stinger wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:dear moderators

Again we see a thread "discussing" the merits of her article. Again she is described as a b***h amongst other things.

This language is not only purely offensive, it is sexist and misogynist. It never ceases to amaze me that simply because she is a woman she cannot know anything about football and worse, that is is implied that "she must have slept her way to her position or information", that her looks are somehow connected to her ability.

These comments are neither intelligent or funny and should not be welcome on this site.

fqf

...someone with terry smith's name in his signature sticking up for caro...a richmond supporter....what a surprise....your not caro are you....???? :roll: :roll: :roll:
that was my 300th post on this site, just enjoyed watching ts playing for the saints all those years ago

yeah sure.......not the first time i have had reason to suspect you're a troll either.....300 posts....????..so what...baby blues has twice that many.....
Last edited by stinger on Mon 12 Nov 2007 5:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
sainterjo wrote:
bigred wrote:
Patrick Smith has copped far worse I reckon over the years..to the point of being heckled by a SS poster in the Moorabbin Car Park
And he deserved every bit of it.

And jeez the photo's were a treat :wink:

:shock: Was I the worst thing ever to happen to Patrick?

I am just so PROUD! :D
Funny as hell!!

The photo's were just a perfect representation of what he is...

He sweats when he eats that fella.
Where are these photos!?!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

killa_gram wrote:
stinger wrote:you appear to have excused her double standards...she tries to come across as impartial.....that her close connections to the tigers doesn't influence her journo ethics......which is pure crap....i posted the original thread for that very reason...she slammed st kilda for recruiting gardiner...but makes no comment on her tigers recruitment of polak.....
I think the difference is that Polak's name has never officially been released by the AFL (pathetic Dimwit and mates), however, Gardy's troubles are well documented and in the public domain. I would think that is more the reason why she mentions one and not the other. Plus also the artcle is about the WCE not taking responsibility and Polak was a Freo player. IMO all valid reasons why she would meantion Gardie. Personally, I am not so insecure about the club to think that she has a vendetta against us.

i didn't say that she had a vendetta against us...only that she has double standards......and i don't agree with your comments outlined above......neither polak or gardiner's names have ever been officially linked with drugs...yet that didn't stop caro from maligning gardiner and the st kilda football club.....her comment was that the saints put on field success ahead of its social responsibilities to its players......same thing could be said of the tigers in recruiting polak....

..stop making excuses for her..or putting words in her article that just weren't there......
Last edited by stinger on Mon 12 Nov 2007 5:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

mischa
Club Player

Ms. Wilson and journalistic "integrity"-never the twain shall meet :roll: :roll: Like all of the corporate media, it's about money, bias and never acknowledging it!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
killa_gram wrote:

i didn't say that she had a vendetta against us...only that she has double standards......and i don't agree with your comments outlined above......neither polak or gardiner's names have ever been officially linked with drugs...yet that didn't stop caro from maligning gardiner and the st kilda football club.....her comment was that the saints put on field success ahead of its social responsibilities to its players......same thing could be said of the tigers in recruiting polak....

..stop making excuses for her..or putting words in her article that just weren't there......
Polak never got sacked from his club...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Ms. Wilson and journalistic "integrity"-never the twain shall meet :roll: :roll: Like all of the corporate media, it's about money, bias and never acknowledging it!
Fancy that. Is that your opinion because of the well publicized personal indifference between herself and GT?

As I said, every one of your posts is GT related. :lol:

mischa
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
mischa wrote:Ms. Wilson and journalistic "integrity"-never the twain shall meet :roll: :roll: Like all of the corporate media, it's about money, bias and never acknowledging it!
Fancy that. Is that your opinion because of the well publicized personal indifference between herself and GT?

That would be difference. Goodnight sweetheart. Pleeze give my regards to 'Ratts' I hope for your sake he does a great job this year :wink:

Ps. Your obsession with me is overwhelming. Maybe I should feel flattered or something :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:[
you are really clutching at straws now..........neither did gardiner....both got traded.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

oh for pity's sake.....where was gt mentioned...apart from by you........you really are off your meds , aren't you..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
Spinner wrote:

That would be difference. Goodnight sweetheart. Pleeze give my regards to 'Ratts' I hope for your sake he does a great job this year :wink:

Ps. Your obsession with me is overwhelming. Maybe I should feel flattered or something :roll:
spinner's a carscum troll.....??????...never.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Mon 12 Nov 2007 7:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
Spinner wrote:

For the first and probably only time, I was taking the piss out of your post. I actually thought you would get it. Cant you see the smiley face. :shock:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
you are really clutching at straws now..........neither did gardiner....both got traded.....
Dude, Gardiner got banished from the club. Returned. Then totaled his vehicle (and 3 others) while under the influence.

M Gardiner was not going to play another game for the Eagles. Regardless if he did in fact get traded.

Big difference. Incomparable to Polak to say the least.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gardi wanted out as much as WC wanted him out
Freo were reluctant to let polak go cause of thier handy knack of trading a player just b4 the come good

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
stinger wrote:
Dude, Gardiner got banished from the club. Returned. Then totaled his vehicle (and 3 others) while under the influence.

M Gardiner was not going to play another game for the Eagles. Regardless if he did in fact get traded.

both of them were on their last chance.....dude......

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Spinner wrote:
stinger wrote:

Incorrect.

Gardiner had run put of chances. Only Polak was on his last chance.

Maybe your confusing this because Gardiner now plays for St Kilda? :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
stinger wrote:
Spinner wrote:
stinger wrote:

Incorrect.

Gardiner had run put of chances. Only Polak was on his last chance.

Maybe your confusing this because Gardiner now plays for St Kilda? :roll:

give it a rest pj...you will blow your cover.....

...for the record...we are talking about different things......but i wouldn't expect you to cotton on......

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Caro's problem is that she falls into the same trap as MOST journos. She occasionally reports on the facts. She occasionally writes opinion pieces. She almost always mixes the 2 together in a single article, thereby confusing the issue. She also subscribes to the journo theory that;

YOU NEVER LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY !!