St.Kilda in St.Kilda, board challenge, need 100 signatures

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

savatage
SS Life Member

Broodruff wrote:The reasons for moving to Frankston are not to make it easier for you to attent training sessions, and why would it be? There arent a whole heap of people who turn out for training sessions.

The reason the club moved is for the good of the club financially, and the good of the players. All the players seem keen to move there.

By moving here, we can again stay in the race with all the other 'super-clubs' who have their own home comprising of state-of-the-art training facilities.

You may not like it, or realise it, but this is a positive move for the club. This does not mean that it is the most favourable. No doubt, there are many people out there who would love us to stay at Morabbin: Me included. This is simply not practial anymore, we were stalled in negotations with the council about poker machines and couldn't go anywhere in terms of redevlopment, this (as far as I'm aware) then stalled sponsorship deals and the like?

This is, evidently, the most popular decision, but it was a decision made for the players and the clubs benefit, not yours, or mine, or any other individuals. Moving from Morabbin to Frankston is only goign to effect a small portion of members anyway.

You don't get my signature.

Kudos to the new board.
Nothing but good news coming from StKFC
Together we are one.
This is somebody with their finger on the pulse. This is somebody that has actually thought about it from the club's point of view, not their own selfish "it's 10 minutes further from my house" attitude.

People that are upset because it's further away from their house....seriously grow the f*** up. It might also be a worthwhile moment to point out that our intital move TO Moorabbin was EXTREMELY controversial & unpopular at the time.

Again it was a decision made by people that are elected to make these decisions. They do actually know what they are doing. The people whinging will come around, they might be stubborn for 1 week, 2 months, 1 year - but they will come around.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Re: St.Kilda in St.Kilda, board challenge, need 100 signatur

St Fidelius wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote: god you are annoying

i commend your passion though
It's not passion mate, he thrives on being annoying and being the centre of attention

:roll:

Much like Phatpryk Smith really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:criticise barks and criticise his views but cut teh abuse out.

the forum has been relatively insult free recently and we are all guilty of letting our passions get ahead of us on ocassion :D

cheers.
First post of yours Ive ever agreed with - no emotional clap trap about keeping players till theyre 1000yrs old etc just facts....keep up the good work.

“Yeah….nah””
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Now Frankston is further away from me, as it is you, but to my mind this could be the greatest thing that has happened to the club since its last successful year. I see this as a major win for our club, and believe that it will have a positive effect before we even get there.
Entitled to your opinion, BUT

imagine St.Kilda in St.Kilda

Develop a ground and state of the art facility close to the Junction from the ground up, for example between the 96 tram line and the Junction oval, close to Albert Park Lake and give back our true identity which was stripped from us, by the terrible decision to leave the Junction Oval in the first place

St.Kilda the suburb is the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in the entire country

How many plans were submitted to the State Gov or Local Council about a brand new development?

or did we just tentatively explore the logistics of a move back to the Junction?

or even a facility like Teac Oval with already existing infrastructure?

Did anyone ever bother to explore the possibility of designing an entirely new complex from the ground up in St.Kilda?

St.Kilda in St.Kilda again, would be the best thing that this football club could ever do, not moving further south from Moorabbin to Frankston which is even further from the CBD

While I will admit that the actual Frankston Oval close to the beach and area, inhabitants aside 8-) is better than Moorabbin, this facility is even further away from our true spiritual home

So Mo, what exactly are the reasons why you're so optimistic about this decision, as you didn't actually outline any?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Surely there is a horsepaddock in Hawthorn somewhere eh Barks?

:roll:

Stop being such a cabbage.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

firthy wrote:On ya tool4eva -- but no thanks -- that's from everybody in WA -- except BC and JW
Gday flogger - thats from all in Vic (nowhere near redneckville) :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Solar
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
satchmo wrote:Now Frankston is further away from me, as it is you, but to my mind this could be the greatest thing that has happened to the club since its last successful year. I see this as a major win for our club, and believe that it will have a positive effect before we even get there.
Entitled to your opinion, BUT

imagine St.Kilda in St.Kilda

Develop a ground and state of the art facility close to the Junction from the ground up, for example between the 96 tram line and the Junction oval, close to Albert Park Lake and give back our true identity which was stripped from us, by the terrible decision to leave the Junction Oval in the first place

St.Kilda the suburb is the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in the entire country

How many plans were submitted to the State Gov or Local Council about a brand new development?

or did we just tentatively explore the logistics of a move back to the Junction?

or even a facility like Teac Oval with already existing infrastructure?

Did anyone ever bother to explore the possibility of designing an entirely new complex from the ground up in St.Kilda?

St.Kilda in St.Kilda again, would be the best thing that this football club could ever do, not moving further south from Moorabbin to Frankston which is even further from the CBD

While I will admit that the actual Frankston Oval close to the beach and area, inhabitants aside 8-) is better than Moorabbin, this facility is even further away from our true spiritual home

So Mo, what exactly are the reasons why you're so optimistic about this decision, as you didn't actually outline any?
ok cool, easy done

Will not cost us much
we get an asset
we are working with a council that wanted us
it's an old recruiting ground for us
near the beach for rehab
scope for actual redevelopment (TEAC or anywhere in stkilda has NO scope for development)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Barks good thread - love your passion but I must admit...we were never going closer to CBD area ...and based on population growth etc Im not sure wed want to in the longer term.....

IMO Frankston , along with the marina development, is set for huge growth. Its a great way to officially grab the Mornington Peninsula as ours (unlike Roos who have nowhere or Dogs who are struggling to translate "who let the dogs out" into mandarin).

The way I see it clubs are now sections of Melbourne - grab yours before the music stops or you end up like the Roos.... - we'll always be St Kilda so that wont change - but now we are consolidating an entire section of Melb, with great council support, big bucks on table NOW, and a top facility in our lifetime...

Just think of those multi colored moccasins....Paul Denyer would be doing cart wheels in C Block...

To me in terms of distance Moorbabin was the boon docks anyway and not our true home - Frankston even further but thats beside the point.

“Yeah….nah””
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Count me in!!
I look forward to working with my old mate rodger :wink:

joffaboy wrote: But now RogerFox is on board the team is beginning to look pretty powerful so I might be tempted.

Oh what the heck - put me down
You'd better be onboard, I've got the position as Treasurer lined up for you already

Family First St.Kilda and the rest of those tea totallers have had their 5 minutes already, we need a board with more substances

momentum for change is building, only 91 sigs to go

VOTE 1 SFA

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Barks good thread - love your passion but I must admit...we were never going closer to CBD area ...and based on population growth etc Im not sure wed want to in the longer term.....

IMO Frankston , along with the marina development, is set for huge growth. Its a great way to officially grab the Mornington Peninsula as ours (unlike Roos who have nowhere or Dogs who are struggling to translate "who let the dogs out" into mandarin).

The way I see it clubs are now sections of Melbourne - grab yours before the music stops or you end up like the Roos.... - we'll always be St Kilda so that wont change - but now we are consolidating an entire section of Melb, with great council support, big bucks on table NOW, and a top facility in our lifetime...
You make some good points and to be perfectly honest, once dodgy wrote "count me in" I started having second thoughts :wink:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i have a mate who is a real big fan of football, but not a huge fan of his team (the demons).. he has said he would get on board the saints when they move to frankston.

also..my father has said he would contemplate re joining after cancelling all ties with the club after the move from waverly (which really pissed him off for some reason).

he has not watched us live since our last home game at wavery all that time ago. there is 2 more people on board :D

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Teflon wrote:Barks good thread - love your passion but I must admit...we were never going closer to CBD area ...and based on population growth etc Im not sure wed want to in the longer term.....

You make some good points and to be perfectly honest, once dodgy wrote "count me in" I started having second thoughts :wink:
Must say I got nervous when Dodg wanted in.... :lol: :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:So Mo, what exactly are the reasons why you're so optimistic about this decision, as you didn't actually outline any?
-A "state of the art training facility"/"super stadium"/"elite training base" in a City that is actually enthusiastic about us being there.

-Alignment with a VFL side that plays in our colours, and will actually train at the same facility, so that we can improve the development of our younger/fringe players.

-Easier to find sponsors when they get to plaster their logo over a "state of the art training facility"/"super stadium"/"elite training base"

- I believe (eventually) the location will be attractive to players giving the option of a wide range of lifestyles that the peninsula offers, and this will be a selling point when recruiting.

-The deal has actually been done, so unlike other deals speculated, all parties agreed !

-The opertunity to revert to our original club song. :lol:

-The chance to develop a supporter base in an area that was traditionally a stronghold. I believe that our presence in the area will bring increased membership.

-All of the above, and the (good) publicity that it will bring, will create an optimistic and positive attitude among supporters and hopefully players that will spread like wildfire and see us win a premiership within three months. Ok, maybe ten.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
linz
Club Player

I'll be in as long as I'm paid heaps of money.
Can I be minister of Finance/Membership entitlements?

If I am elected Minister of Finance/Membership entitlements:

Our first job should be to get rid of members who live OUTSIDE the
St. Kilda, Caulfield, postcode listings. New rules are:
1) St Kilda residents only can barrack for St. Kilda
2) Frankston residents can not barrack for St. Kilda
3) Every decision made by The Board has to be approved by ALL members.
(99% isn't good enough).
4) When the AFL request us to relocate to Nauru. "We accept".

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

OK RB4eva, how about consider this....

If you are/were working, and your workplace was in a state of disrepair - for example the office ceiling is leaking, the carpet is 20 years old, the desks are all broken, your PC's are 3 generations out of date, the place smells, it's dark and generally dingy, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off??

Actually, really pissed out if you looked at other businesses in your industry that had modern offices/fitouts, and also higher morale.

Very similar issue here......the training base of an AFL club is where AFL players spend a huge amount of their work time.

They only want the best that is practically on offer.

Sure, everyone wants prime location and prime facilities, but that aint always available.

Considering OUR club only has to tip in 10% of the total project cost to get brand new facilities, it's a winner in my book.

I will start a seperate thread re funding this project through sponsorship.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:i have a mate who is a real big fan of football, but not a huge fan of his team (the demons).. he has said he would get on board the saints when they move to frankston.
I work with a kangaroos supporter that lives on the peninsula, and he's already keen to sign up.

That's two up already ! :lol:

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

AGAIN..

just what are tee totallers???

Did Hawthorn ask their members about their move to Waverley??

Has St. Kilda council ever come forward with a proposal and money??

JUST HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN THE SAINTS TRAIN AT MOORABBIN IN THE LAST 3 YEARS???

To suggest that our new board needs more substance and to post a call for 100 signatures to your cause is a joke.

You are a dead set cabbage

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
linz
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:OK RB4eva, how about consider this....

If you are/were working, and your workplace was in a state of disrepair - for example the office ceiling is leaking, the carpet is 20 years old, the desks are all broken, your PC's are 3 generations out of date, the place smells, it's dark and generally dingy, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off??

Actually, really pissed out if you looked at other businesses in your industry that had modern offices/fitouts, and also higher morale.

Very similar issue here......the training base of an AFL club is where AFL players spend a huge amount of their work time.

They only want the best that is practically on offer.

Sure, everyone wants prime location and prime facilities, but that aint always available.

Considering OUR club only has to tip in 10% of the total project cost to get brand new facilities, it's a winner in my book.

I will start a seperate thread re funding this project through sponsorship.
Good post. I think B4nowhere is more interested in thread count though.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I have just worked out what inspired this thread in the 1st place !!

GRANT THOMAS stated publicly that he thought the move to Frankston would prove to be a good one :roll: :wink: !!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we might get a thousand new members out of this over the next couple of years, and quite a few once we are actually based there.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: just what are tee totallers???

To suggest that our new board needs more substance and to post a call for 100 signatures to your cause is a joke.
tea totaller's.....if you need a further explanation, please get back to me

that would be substances, as what I wrote earlier

you know, the beatle's had a bit of assisstance on Sgt. Peppers

just not sure about Family First's vision for the future that's all

anyway looks like St.Kilda are moving to moccasin land, regardless

so just be happy with that

and besides things seemed to have stalled with 91 sigs still required

carry on :wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I reckon we might get a thousand new members out of this over the next couple of years, and quite a few once we are actually based there.

Seriously OWTS...If these 'supperters' arnt members for a team thats currently 35 KM up the road.....then I dont want them.

Imagine that....some are actually hoping to compensate supporters that are not members in the first place. Coupled with the neglect of how many members they will lose.

Madness.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:If these 'supperters' arnt members for a team thats currently 35 KM up the road.....then I dont want them.
That's fine, I've signed up a member to replace you, ciao !

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: just what are tee totallers???

tea totaller's.....if you need a further explanation, please get back to me

that would be substances, as what I wrote earlier

you know, the beatle's had a bit of assisstance on Sgt. Peppers

just not sure about Family First's vision for the future that's all

anyway looks like St.Kilda are moving to moccasin land, regardless

so just be happy with that

and besides things seemed to have stalled with 91 sigs still required

carry on :wink:
yeah good on ya, might pay to read what you type before you post I am sure you typed tee :roll:

anyway ...

you still have not answered this question....

JUST HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN THE SAINTS TRAIN AT MOORABBIN IN THE LAST 3 YEARS???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i think they will lose members
one of my teachers (saints fan) has been a member since the 90's, and he told me that he believes times have changed, the club doesnt care about the fans any more, we mean nothing to them, and he is going to be an AFL member next year, and not saints.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."