Future Clash Jumper Design

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

karnak
Club Player

funniest post ever,

wtf are you doing Armo????

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Teflon wrote: Who are we contracted with? Faberge tight legs?.........its a toss up between it and the yellow peril for worst ever...
Come on the Yellow Peril wasn't that bad I still wear it :lol:
I am just that desperate to return to some form of the hot cross bun regardless of colour :twisted:
Armooo......please tell me your joking re: the yellow pyjama top? :shock:
unfourtantly he isnt...i have proof :twisted:

Lol, I have to go up to 1967 because that is a pissa good thinking digging out that photo :lol:

But anyway I'm putting the yellow peril into retirement in 2008, it attracts too many weirdos on the train, barely a trip goes by when there isn't at least one drunken hobo that asks me what I'm wearing... or an overly extroverted woman that wants to engage me in a 15 minute discussion of which colour scheme is better...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
karnak
Club Player

really bummed out lost 2 XL herritage guernseys' and can no longer buy them :(

I loved that guernsey.

PS if anyone has any this size that they don't want, I would love to buy it from you,

then again lets hope next seasons is a real winner!!!!

Drew.Evans
Club Player

karnak,

i believe i know someone that has a heritage guernsey. haha,

can't wait to send some designs in for peoples opinion. What's the deadline, 2 weeks??? :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?:

Furphy
Club Player

I reckon anything would be better than the basketball singlet we currently have. Maybe we could put the front cover of "London Calling" on the jersey, now THAT would be a "CLASH" jumper!! (nyuk nyuk)
BTW, I'm really peeved Collingwood and Essendon can get away with not having a genuine alternative strip.

karnak
Club Player

especially when we had an alternative strip and was forced to abandon it.

the AFL are a bunch of fcuk tards.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

nah..you are right..the white back is not a great look..buit was still interested in seeing it

I do like Armoo's cross strip :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote: unfourtantly he isnt...
But anyway I'm putting the yellow peril into retirement in 2008, it attracts too many weirdos on the train, barely a trip goes by when there isn't at least one drunken hobo that asks me what I'm wearing... or an overly extroverted woman that wants to engage me in a 15 minute discussion of which colour scheme is better...
Don't change the registration Armoo- you will lose your new title- welcome to the SS Hall of Fame congrats.

Like the jumper- not as keen on the cross but it worked ok in red, white and Black.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I like Armooo's hot cross design...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

armoos white cross bun design would work well especially for the fans as with it being white make for great memrobillia when signed as the black pen works wonders on the white
i would definatly buy that jumper

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:armoos white cross bun design would work well especially for the fans as with it being white make for great memrobillia when signed as the black pen works wonders on the white
So would I.

Has the club made thier decision yet (beyond actually saying there will be a new clashie)?

If not, we should do a flyer drop all over Moorabbin Oval with that jumper design on it and get thier attention. :wink:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:armoos white cross bun design would work well especially for the fans as with it being white make for great memrobillia when signed as the black pen works wonders on the white
So would I.

Has the club made thier decision yet (beyond actually saying there will be a new clashie)?

If not, we should do a flyer drop all over Moorabbin Oval with that jumper design on it and get thier attention. :wink:
I believe what will be happening is that they will be discussing the 2009 range with their apparel partner whoever that may be and they will then decide what is the go, if the fans make us much noise about the issue I would expect that they would go with what we wanted, I believe the current intention of the club is to offer fans a range of options and have a vote like last year, however I could be completely wrong...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Drew.Evans wrote:karnak,

i believe i know someone that has a heritage guernsey. haha,

can't wait to send some designs in for peoples opinion. What's the deadline, 2 weeks??? :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?:

There's no real deadline, if you could post any designs that you may have here that would be great, there would more than likely be someone from the club that would have a read of it and if not I will make sure I Email the club all of the designs...

HOWEVER!!
Don't bother putting your design up here if you expect to get money or anything out of it, any design that you post should be a donation to the club!!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

how do you design a photo on photoshop?
ive always done mine on paint, but they still look ok.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
No1_Saint
Club Player

Anything has to be better then the travisty the club forced on us this year. :lol:

smilk
Club Player

No1_Saint wrote:Anything has to be better then the travisty the club forced on us this year. :lol:
Agreed.

sax
Club Player

Re: Future Clash Jumper Design

Armoooo wrote:I believe that it was St.Patric that wanted to form some sort of committee to present the club with possible alternate jumpers and give the club feedback on which ones are getting the most positive reaction form the fans.

I had a lot of people's contributions to a thread I had started previously however my computer broke down so I have lost them all, if anybody has them could they please post them so we can gauge just how popular any certain jumper is.

This was my first design and it is still my favourite so far, it is based on the hot cross bun design of the late 90's and it avoids all clashes.

I really like this design!!! I think the Saints should go with it & keep it!
:D :D :D

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Hi Armoo,

Yes I am very serious about approaching the club on the clash jumper issue because there is just no need for us to be wearing anything other than red ,white and black.Your hot cross bun jumper is on the right track but why the predominant white which alweys makes it look weak and like a poormans docker jumper :roll:

The same jumper with a predominately red background or even black background would solve any potential clashes anyway and would look so much better.And the popular with fans and players heritage jumper could be used as an alternative and would look better than a predominately white jumper as well.

Alternatively a 3 stripe traditional jumper with either a black or white background is another option that would eliminate any potential clashes.

The frustrating thing is that our tri colour jumper against the filth with a black backgound would not even clash if they simply wore black and white stripes on the back and front which is a traditional collingwood strip :roll:

If I had the computer skills I would produce the hot cross bun design as a graphic in both red and black background and present it to the club...over to you again Armoo.. :wink:

We need to look strong this year and a perdominately red or black jumper looks far more aggressive than any white design...

when I have the jumpers I will be approaching the club for some input from the members and feedback from the players etc.

Red white and black forever :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Red white and black forever
8-) I like it

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

hey st Pat

i do understand what you are saying about why cant we have a red clash or black, but i am imagianing it in my head now, and it looks like cr@p. :wink:
and i have sent Ben Hall many emails throughout the year, and he said that the aim is for a WHITE clash, even the lions who cont have a dot of white on their jumper have to have a white clash. and as we have 1/3 of our jumper is white, we have no choice but a white clash.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:hey st Pat

i do understand what you are saying about why cant we have a red clash or black, but i am imagianing it in my head now, and it looks like cr@p. :wink:
and i have sent Ben Hall many emails throughout the year, and he said that the aim is for a WHITE clash, even the lions who cont have a dot of white on their jumper have to have a white clash. and as we have 1/3 of our jumper is white, we have no choice but a white clash.
The lack of commom sense fromthe AFL on this amazes me.Why prodominately white .The Heritage for instance didn't clach with anyone but Collingwood and if they had their traditional stripes back and front our traditional jumper with a black back makes the perfect clash.When we play Collingwood the less white the better.

And Saint Dooley the red background ones I have seen look brilliant.Just need Armooo or someone to put them up again.

Just want a more even spread of Red,White and black.The white look is the definition of crap IMO

Pleased to hear that both Westaway and Burke hate the existing white clash jumper as well.Must be better well balanced options out there for sure.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I like the white hot cross bun guernsey, think it looks great.

Just hate the faded acid wash look we had this year.

I think someone posted on page 1 a similar design with a red background and the cons definitely outweighed the pros in that case.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

nope just checked... must be thinking of something else!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

We really just need someone that is quite skilled with some sort of photoshop program, my design was made by Mero from Bigfooty, I just made up a simple design and asked him if he could clean it up for me a bit...
Surely there would be someone on here that knows what they're doing with these programs.

As for St.Pat's comments I have no problem with white jumpers because IMO they look the best however I see where he is coming from and I would love to have a predominately red jumper for what it represents....

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Yes, i agree with many posters that back to the hot cross bun design is the way to go! It looks great the one armooo knocked up! I would definitely buy it and im sure many other supporters would too. Even the sponsors logos would look good on them and they would stand out which is primarily a reason for the change of the candy strips.

I remember last year, there was a thread similar with many designs on it, from like companies which gave an array of clash jumpers, would be great if we could dig that up!

thanks armooo for the thread. Im all for supporters input into the clash strip jumper and am willing to voice my support to the club if need be!

Go saints in '09!