Saintsational vs Talking Carlton -December 9 (Venue TBC).

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'll have another crack at it :D Count me in ;)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
saintdooley wrote:something like goroches paddock?
Gosch's Paddock yeh.

Isn't it all dug up though???
There are works going on for the new rectangular stadium, but not sure if its affected the ground.

Doubt you'll get on if its a construction area, though. :?
walking from the yarra down swan (?) st you go past the lexus centre, olympic park, construction oval for victory/storm/demons, storm training ground and then another football ground...thats gosch's paddock. its in pretty good condition i think

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

Launcestonsaint wrote:
luke.l_26 wrote:blah.. even when i don't post.. I always seem to hijack most threads with my "off field antics"
Are you still suffering from the screaming & tension from your driving instructor? :wink:
not quite... My ears are still ringing a little from the last outing but I think I'll live. He won't let me wear earmuffs because of the "saftey hazard" they pose... :wink:

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Just a suggestion on the starting time perhaps a morning rather than afternoon game would be the go. The arvos at this time of year are pretty hot and you dont wont anyone keeling over. Just a thought thats all.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
HarveysDeciple

CURLY wrote:Just a suggestion on the starting time perhaps a morning rather than afternoon game would be the go. The arvos at this time of year are pretty hot and you dont wont anyone keeling over. Just a thought thats all.
yeah worth considering. We have also thought about pushing it back to twilight.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

is the game still on?
not much talk about it

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
HarveysDeciple

saintdooley wrote:is the game still on?
not much talk about it
yes it is.

we'll be right lol

G-Unit
Club Player

hey guys, sorry i havent been posting lately, ive been away. ide love to come down and play again, but its a maybe at this time since im going away for 2 months and im catching a flight that night! got a few mates playing for carton so ide love to get into them, hope i can make it.

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
HarveysDeciple

bump..

come on all you regulars.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

come on people!
ive only counted 12 people who have signed their name up! (but i am cr@p at maths, so dont count on it) :wink:
and with what you said before HD, i like the idea of a twilight game....what time do we usually start? is it 2.30 and finished up by 5.15? and then an early dinner at the bbq.
now it is daylight savings and bloody hot, i think its a good idea for a 4.30 start and a 7.15pm finish, then over to the bbq for dinner. and for those of you who dont have daylight savings, yes it is still very bright at 7.15 pm, it starts to get dark at about 8pm down here.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:come on people!
ive only counted 12 people who have signed their name up! (but i am cr@p at maths, so dont count on it) :wink:
and with what you said before HD, i like the idea of a twilight game....what time do we usually start? is it 2.30 and finished up by 5.15? and then an early dinner at the bbq.
now it is daylight savings and bloody hot, i think its a good idea for a 4.30 start and a 7.15pm finish, then over to the bbq for dinner. and for those of you who dont have daylight savings, yes it is still very bright at 7.15 pm, it starts to get dark at about 8pm down here.
obviously not very good at geography either...we reach our max temperature's at about 3:30 - 4:30pm on an average day...so if heats what your worried about pushing it back till 4:30 isnt going to help much

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:come on people!
obviously not very good at geography either...we reach our max temperature's at about 3:30 - 4:30pm on an average day...so if heats what your worried about pushing it back till 4:30 isnt going to help much
well its that or nothing because i can tell you right now im not getting out of bed at 9am on the holidays to be at glenferrie on time just to play footy! :twisted:

but seriously, if we start the game on time for once at maybe 4.45, it would cool down by 5.30, so thats only 1 and a bit quarters or dying and screaming in pain, while luke is running around giving us all some water...
its all good! 4.45 start, 7.30 finish, 8.00 bbq and we will all be smashed by 9! lol, only jks!

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Hey fellas... Me n ilz are in rye on that date... good luck fellas

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

so is the game still going on?
rumour has it that the game will be called off as glenferrie is a sh!t hole and we cant find a new home?
its quite simple....illegaly water it :lol:
is the game still on? when will it be confirmed?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:Hey fellas... Me n ilz are in rye on that date... good luck fellas
oh dear

I'm also unavailable on this date :?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
HarveysDeciple

we may struggle.

Blues have stalled.

a few of our regular opponents aren't responding well lol, and neither are we...strange.

Might have to wait till after christmas then churn 3 games out.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:Hey fellas... Me n ilz are in rye on that date... good luck fellas
postpone!!

wildgoose
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:we may struggle.

Blues have stalled.

a few of our regular opponents aren't responding well lol, and neither are we...strange.

Might have to wait till after christmas then churn 3 games out.
You should do pre-season in that case, at 6am tomorrow morning, 1000 suicides. :wink:

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

postpone please.

I can make 2 Dec but not 9 Dec.

Would love to watch/heckle any Saints vs. Carlton game!!!

G-Unit
Club Player

im out, sorry

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Have been told by a reliable source (HarveysDeciple over dinner last night!) that this match has been delayed / postponed / cancelled - officially - for the moment.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Is this game on or off? I need to plan LukeL26's Driving Lessons around it :lol: :roll: :wink: !!

HarveysDeciple

Yes as Nick stated above, the game is postponed until after christmas.

Better that way, as we are missing some regulars and the blues are low on numbers too...

Oh and good luck Eastern :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

after christmas?
thats ages away!

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

HarveysDeciple wrote:Yes as Nick stated above, the game is postponed until after christmas.

Better that way, as we are missing some regulars and the blues are low on numbers too...

Oh and good luck Eastern :wink:
Oi! what's that supposed to mean? That my schedule is so tight these days that nothing can get in without bookings made weeks in advance?? :roll: hehe.
Anyway... I couldn't end up making it anyway. Work on sunday.. coudln't get away cos I'm off to queensland on the 11th :D

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003