GT. Bring him back.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

PS are you going to blame GT for the injuries?
GT demanded accountabilty and responsibilty for this area from the Board and was given it.

So how did he do?
ask Starcevitch.
You mean the guy that GT hired from Qld who never actaully moved to Victoria?????

Why ask him.?..GT demanded responsibilty.
Howard demanded responsibility and look where he is now, that's the way it is.
Last edited by The Fireman on Wed 05 Dec 2007 11:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Neil Craig and Adelaide have had a tough time keeping their players together.

I think that Craig is discovering that the people side of coaching is as importnat as the football side...and he needs to lift his game in that regard.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: GT

The Fireman wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I would love GT to be a part of the club again.

, the man is a natural player manager.

Hall
Everitt
Black
GTrain
Guerra
Fiora

?????? How did the natural player manager go???

Answer....anyone with issues was put into the too hard basket...
??? Don't quite understand this post, Guerra dumped because he lost form.
No one in Melb could have kept Black, his wife wanted him back in WA.
Hall??? Money hungry mercenary.
Everitt... a cancer that destroys clubs he goes to.

The G and Fiora , what is the problem there?
Please enlighten me, strange post.

as guerra was walking off the mcg after our loss in the preliminary final against the swans i remember saying to him that that would be the last game you ever play in a saints jumper your squib.......and i was right........no loss.......a would be tough guy when the opposition player isn't looking.....can't take it himself though.....bigger squib that gibbs.......and yhat's saing something......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:[quote="The Fireman]Spot on, some tend to forget the paycuts suffered by our stars not taking on lucrative contracts thanks to GT.

What rubbish..

EVERY club has players who could get more money by swapping clubs.

The vast majority of players don't swap clubs.

Stating that GT somehow did better than AFL clubs is just fantasy....
[/quote]
Did I say he did it better? Do I say you speak rubbish?
I for one am glad that our vast majority of champs stayed due to GT's great player management
Last edited by The Fireman on Wed 05 Dec 2007 11:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

PS are you going to blame GT for the injuries?
GT demanded accountabilty and responsibilty for this area from the Board and was given it.

So how did he do?
ask Starcevitch.
You mean the guy that GT hired from Qld who never actaully moved to Victoria?????

Why ask him.?..GT demanded responsibilty.
Howard demanded responsibility and look where he is now, that's the way it is.

Your question was GT to blame for our injury record.

Answer yes he was.

Anyone that thinks that such a sustained run of bad injuries over such a long time was only due to bad luck is kidding themselves. GT was clearly negligent in the players welfare.

RL was appalled at our conditioning processes when he took over.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

lol Eastern was right, there are some real illogical GT haters on here.
But that's ok, I'm sure a lot of Carlton supporters hate Pagan now despite the huge showing of affection initially.
I like to look at the positives that GT brought to the club, which I have outlined and hopefully will see him back with us.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Divisive person.

Ask anyone who has ever worked with him.

Control-freak.

Naturally isolates and draws extraordinary love at the same time.

Impossible type of person to have working colllaboratively at an organisation. Must be in charge.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Love ya work, firey!
Man I gotta get back on here more often :P

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Not saying I'm not appreciative of what he did with St Kilda, and indeed I thought he was probably (on balance) unlucky to be sacked.

But I know someone who worked with him (at Warnambool and then someone who worked with him in Melbourne), and he is not the type of person I would want at an organisation.

I think he had his time at St Kilda and he (and we) need to just let go.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: PS...you might not have noticed but Fiora improved markedly once he had a coach that put faith in him.

Written and Authorised by sRr

CARE TO COMMENT ON THIS MR sRr????

3RD REQUEST..........

SO, in your "opinion" :roll: :roll: both Danny Frawley and GT never had faith in Fiora???

Fair Dinkum you do waffle on a bit but this one takes the cake????

so you are saying that....

RL in his first year as senior coach is the only coach to have faith in Fiora who started his career in 2000...

Yeah righto waffle on some more :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:lol Eastern was right, there are some real illogical GT haters on here.
But that's ok, I'm sure a lot of Carlton supporters hate Pagan now despite the huge showing of affection initially.
I like to look at the positives that GT brought to the club, which I have outlined and hopefully will see him back with us.
Except that you have not shown how GT actually out performed any other AFL club with his supposed great player manager skills???

Indeed it is on public record that he had a lot turmoil froma player management perspective.

I don't hate GT.....but I believe many over-rate his capabilities and I reagrd him as simply not good enough....and I certainly do not want such a devisive person to ever again be in any official capacity at the saints.

He is welcome to buy a membership and sit in the stands with any other fan though.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: PS...you might not have noticed but Fiora improved markedly once he had a coach that put faith in him.

3RD REQUEST..........

SO, in your "opinion" :roll: :roll: both Danny Frawley and GT never had faith in Fiora???

RL in his first year as senior coach is the only coach to have faith in Fiora who started his career in 2000...

He is only talking to me :wink:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I'll take up the point St Fid.

Whilst I believe Frawley (who played him even when down on form), and GT (who recruited him to the club) showed faith in Fiora ... I would say that Fiora clearly had the best season of his career in 2007.

I believe Ross Lyon used him in a role to which he was best suited, and this gave Fiora confidence, which in turn improved his football.

So not necessarily showing faith ... just that IMO Fiora flourished as a consistent contributor for the first time under Ross Lyon ... which may have been a coincidence.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:People skills and player management skills are different things altogether.

Grant Thomas was great for our club. He built a list of quality people, not just quality players.

He got rid of the bad eggs, and let go players that didnt want to be there. That is good player management. He built a loyal group, that wanted - and still want - to make history. Together.

THAT, is good player management.
good post mate......some pple look at grant with venom...that's never going to change...neither are they.....

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Your response to this Fireman?
Oh When the Saints wrote:

Control-freak.

Impossible type of person to have working colllaboratively at an organisation. Must be in charge.
Not saying I'm not appreciative of what he did with St Kilda, and indeed I thought he was probably (on balance) unlucky to be sacked.

But I know someone who worked with him (at Warnambool and then someone who worked with him in Melbourne), and he is not the type of person I would want at an organisation.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
The Fireman wrote:lol Eastern was right, there are some real illogical GT haters on here.
Except that you have not shown how GT actually out performed any other AFL club with his supposed great player manager skills???

Indeed it is on public record that he had a lot turmoil froma player management perspective.

I don't hate GT.....but I believe many over-rate his capabilities and I reagrd him as simply not good enough....and I certainly do not want such a devisive person to ever again be in any official capacity at the saints.

He is welcome to buy a membership and sit in the stands with any other fan though.
You see, I didn't see him as divisive, I saw him as the opposite of that, our views are 180degrees.
Go Figure :?:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:[

..that's mighty big of your sr.....i am sure grant will be eternally grateful...as will his wife and family..... for your generosity.......it know no bounds..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Thu 06 Dec 2007 10:40am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

You never worked with him Fireman.

Two people who both did (and neither of whom know each other) said that he is divisive.

Both used that word :idea:

He contributed more to St Kilda than all but a handful of people have over the past decade, and will be forever a critical part of the club's history.

But I don't believe he should be back at the club.

St.Kenny
Club Player

Fireman...dont you know its unSt.Kilda to support someone who took us to two preliminary finals only to be beaten by 2 teams who romped it in on Grand Final Day.
We are scared of success and must deride anyone who nearly gets us there. Look at the character assasination on this site and look at the endless losers with thousands of posts to prove it who bag, slander, castigate and spend their lives denigrating this proven coach......and ask yourself .............is it worth it....are they worth it ???
Its easier to believe Caro and Patrick Smith (his arch enemies) and just roll over and go back to bed !!!!!!

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Your response to this Fireman?
Oh When the Saints wrote:

Control-freak.

I must admit I have never worked with him or know anyone who has but I go on what I experience, I found him to be a nice bloke who did a great service to the club and I certainly can't get my head around the negativity directed at him atm.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Fireman...dont you know its unSt.Kilda to support someone who took us to two preliminary finals only to be beaten by 2 teams who romped it in on Grand Final Day.
We are scared of success and must deride anyone who nearly gets us there. Look at the character assasination on this site and look at the endless losers with thousands of posts to prove it who bag, slander, castigate and spend their lives denigrating this proven coach......and ask yourself .............is it worth it....are they worth it ???
Its easier to believe Caro and Patrick Smith (his arch enemies) and just roll over and go back to bed !!!!!!
I'm hearin ya, I'm off to Jeanseys place to beat the crap out him :lol:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:You never worked with him Fireman.

Two people who both did (and neither of whom know each other) said that he is divisive.

Both used that word :idea:

He contributed more to St Kilda than all but a handful of people have over the past decade, and will be forever a critical part of the club's history.

But I don't believe he should be back at the club
I respect that comment.
Last edited by The Fireman on Wed 05 Dec 2007 11:33pm, edited 2 times in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

3RD REQUEST..........

Well second request actually as your first post was just basically an expletive and was ignored as there was nothing really to comment on.

I said "you might not have noticed but Fiora improved markedly once he had a coach that put faith in him."

This is referring to the transition of Fiora from GT to RL.

Which means that IMO that Fiora suffers from a lack of self-belief in his talent and that RL showed more faith in Fiora's abilities that GT did which was witnessed by where RL played him and the various roles he gave him. By seasons end he was earning some quality inside ball with slick disposal.

As to Frawley I cannot really comment as I am not an avid watcher of Tigers matches....and my comment was not referring to him.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

cheers to the great man Firey....cheers mate....you know the caper...and cheers to that great player manager GT.....cheers mate hope the court case goes well....and cheers to the off season....heres cheers to that and its silly threads....and cheers to St.Kunny....ones to many and a hundereds not enough but cheers anyhow.....cheers.....cheers....cheers to you all....cheers.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:cheers to the great man Firey....cheers mate....you know the caper...and cheers to that great player manager GT.....cheers mate hope the court case goes well....and cheers to the off season....heres cheers to that and its silly threads....and cheers to St.Kunny....ones to many and a hundereds not enough but cheers anyhow.....cheers.....cheers....cheers to you all....cheers.
You cheer way too much.....get rid of that martini :P
How did you know I like silly threads????
Last edited by The Fireman on Wed 05 Dec 2007 11:36pm, edited 1 time in total.