The Candy Stripe

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ben_fff
Club Player

The Candy Stripe

I'd love to see this come back, I know it doesn't fit the guidelines of the clash jumper but who does it clash with?

Who will ever forget Harves after the siren at AAMI stadium in 05? the jumper has some attatchment, I'd love to see the board push for it to be used.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

x1000000. I reallt wish we could still have it. It is so much better than the joke of a clash jumper we have now. I dont think it clashed either at all. Very disappointed it had to go.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

that was the GT guersney. we used to win a lot of games in that one

midas_touch
Club Player

Yeah it was an awesome jumper. Loads better than the apron our boys are wearing now.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
ben_fff
Club Player

We should all sign a petition to send to the club along with the winner of the new clash jumper poll as a back up, it has seen alot of victories and should be brought back.

karnak
Club Player

We should send more than 1 from the poll, as I said in my reply in the poll thread we need to narrow it down first and recast the vote,

as there are guernsey's that have 1 or 2 votes on and will be good to see where those votes will be casted.

Also should send more than 1 forward as 58 votes for instance is hardly a large enough sample size imo.

given for political polls you aim for around 1000 in order to get statistical significance.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

problem is all those clash designs posted here sucked balls. Sorry, with great respect to all that posted.

The thing is, the candy stripe is the only design that actually tipped its hat to our traditional jumper. And, it was actually our jumper at one stage.

karnak
Club Player

And by the way, I love the candy stripe,

looked fantastic and would be more than impressed if it was bought back in.

I'll have 3 thanks.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

well you know where I stand on this.... :wink: :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

OMG, how many times do we have to go over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the seventy fifth millionth time, the sponsors don't like it. It's to hard to see the logo. Go over it, move on. :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
ben_fff
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:OMG, how many times do we have to go over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the seventy fifth millionth time, the sponsors don't like it. It's to hard to see the logo. Go over it, move on. :roll:
No need for that response, I don't read every thread on this site and I've seen the candy stripe mentioned about 10 times over the thousands of threads I've entered.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:OMG, how many times do we have to go over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the seventy fifth millionth time, the sponsors don't like it. It's to hard to see the logo. Go over it, move on. :roll:
exactly.
and that jumper wasnt our "clash" it was our "away"
ive had a chat about this to people from the club, and they said that its best off if we dont have a home, away and clash jumper, because interstate fans will have no chance of watching us play in the origional home jumper. so now we just wear home + white shorts for an away game, and clash when we really need it. eg- dees blues maybe freo and maybe essendon

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
karnak
Club Player

that is an insipid response in my opinion,

If its a good jumper then I'm all for it,

plus 3 guernseys means people more likely to buy more,

I don't care if candy stripe isn't allowed as our clash, but ffs I wanna see it used.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to find out our win/loss record in the candy stripe, compare it to others like the yellow peril, i don't recall seeing a winning game in that thing.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:I'd like to find out our win/loss record in the candy stripe, compare it to others like the yellow peril, i don't recall seeing a winning game in that thing.
The first game we ever won in the Yellow Peril was the 90-odd point demoloition of Carlton at Optus Oval in 2003.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Candy Stripe

ben_fff wrote:I'd love to see this come back, I know it doesn't fit the guidelines of the clash jumper but who does it clash with?
Collingwood. End of story.

I loved it but its gone for good. Deal with it, I'm sick do death of this exact issue popping up, it happens with alarming regularity.

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Riccardo, absolute rubbish - sounds like you've been brainwashed by the Collingwood morans and their propaganda. We wouldn't have to wear the candy stripe jumper against the filth anyway - we would wear our trad. jumper and make sure that the Filth wore their white back jumper to eliminate any clash.

It's because the Filth and Eddie Fishface had instructed the AFL parasites to ban other vertical stripe jumpers that we, like lambs without a fight, withdrew the candy stripe jumper off the market and off the field.

It is in fact my favourite jumper and I would support with vigour it's resurrection. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Riccardo, absolute rubbish - sounds like you've been brainwashed by the Collingwood morans and their propaganda. We wouldn't have to wear the candy stripe jumper against the filth anyway - we would wear our trad. jumper and make sure that the Filth wore their white back jumper to eliminate any clash.

It's because the Filth and Eddie Fishface had instructed the AFL parasites to ban other vertical stripe jumpers that we, like lambs without a fight, withdrew the candy stripe jumper off the market and off the field.

It is in fact my favourite jumper and I would support with vigour it's resurrection. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Brainwashed? Don't be so stupuid, I'm not blind, and I've seen us play Collingwood in both the traditional and striped versions and, shock horror! THEY CLASH, THEY CLASH, THEY CLASH, THEY CLASH!

Just as we got upset at having to wear the stripes in home games, we cannot expect Collingwood to be forced to wear an away jumper in a home game, we must be fair, even if they aren't.

I know its upsetting and frustrating, as I said I love it too, but the facts are as they stand. We just need a more approprite clash jumper, its not specifically Eddies or Andy Ds fault.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I cant see the candy stripe clashing with Collingwood or any other club jumper. It does'nt. In any case I was going to suggest that is should have yellow numbers, to go with the historical period when the Saints had to wear Red Yellow and Black, to get away from Germany's national colours. during wartime.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I like it, and I won't get over it.

I need a new jumper, but will not buy one until I can buy that exact one, pfft sponsors, the sponsors logo looks fine to me.

I want the candy stripe beanie to come back as well, the new one is very ordinary....

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I also loved the Candy Stripes

Either Candy stripes or Home jumper with white back would make me happy

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

I’m with riccardo on this one.
the candy jumper was awesome, didn’t clash with anyone except Collingwood, and for people who think it didn’t clash with Collingwood, get real! :roll:
Times have changed, we don’t wear that jumper any more. We now have a clash, its got red white and black on it so stop whinging and move on, I’m sure you have better things to do rather than argue about a new jumper we wear.
Its pretty obvious that we wont be wearing it in 2009, so just try and last through next year.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Saintdooley wrote: "the candy jumper was awesome, didn’t clash with anyone except Collingwood, and for people who think it didn’t clash with Collingwood, get real!" :roll:

It's the other way round. Collingwood's jumper clashed with our candy stripes!!!

Carna Saints!!!