Archie's comment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Archie's comment

In announcing the new sponsorship deal today, Archie said: "We’re in an enviable and exciting position with a bright future cemented here in Melbourne.â€

Carna Saints!!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Archie's comment

[quote="SteveStevens66"]In announcing the new sponsorship deal today, Archie said: "We’re in an enviable and exciting position with a bright future cemented here in Melbourne.â€

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bendigo bob
Club Player

Would assume that it was only said as reassurance that we are here to stay as a Melbourne based club now and into the future and to remove any possible doubt that might be concerning our members.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Sorry, St. Fid but in this instance, quoting the statement in full doesn't elucidate the remark about staying Melbourne. No harm is done to the intent of the comment by just quoting that last part of the statement, as I did.

It was a worrying comment and seems to indicate that some sort of re-location discussion may have taken place.

Carna Saints!!!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I see nothing wrong with what he said. He's simply re-affirning our position in light of what's taken a lot of press in the past week. Namely the Gold Coast and West Sydney proposals.

I see it as a strong comment to the AFL and opposition supporters who believe we are in the AFL's sights along with the Roos, the Doggies, the Demons and the Hawks.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote:
I see it as a strong comment to the AFL and opposition supporters who believe we are in the AFL's sights along with the Roos, the Doggies, the Demons and the Hawks.
That's a reasonable explanation. But I'd still prefer that the idea of St.Kilda's relocation not even be dignified with a comment, even if it is to send the kind of message you suggest.

Carna Saints!!!
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

But if he didn't say anything he would have all the worry warts wondering if we're going to relocate. People read far too much into simple statements sometimes. I seriously doubt we would be signing up a new training venue if we were contemplating moving interstate.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:I see nothing wrong with what he said. He's simply re-affirning our position in light of what's taken a lot of press in the past week. Namely the Gold Coast and West Sydney proposals.

yep....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

In the context of discussion in recent months about moving teams around the country, and the AFL's preference for teams on the Gold Coast and in Western Sydney by 2015, he was just reiterating the strong and secure position of the Saints as a Melbourne club.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
ben_fff
Club Player

I'm posting in this thread.

bozza1980
Club Player

I'm not disturbed by this comment at all.

In light of the club negotiating with the AFL to play home and away games on the Gold Coast, I feel it's a rather reassuring comment.

asiu

... seems to indicate that some sort of re-location discussion may have taken place

i would hope that it has

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Maybe hosing down the speculation of moving up North after the Roos spat in the AFLs face over Carrara.

Happy to have a new sponsor, that bright blue logo sure stands out, dosent it?

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Worry Wart Thread