Interesting guernsey design at new sponsors launch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Armoooo wrote:That is how it has always been on paper for some reason...

put a white back on it .. wear it with white shorts . .and hey presto thats a good looking "clash" jumper :lol: :lol:

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
The Peanut
Club Player

Not a very good image - taken directly from video clip - but it shows acloser view of the guernsey

asiu

the crest .... at the top ......always

:evil:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:the crest .... at the top ......always

It wasn't done with Bill Express or for that matter Tooheys

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Jeez, Dal does not seem to enjoy the press conferences to model new jumpers...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
asiu

i know , i grizzled about it then , as well

The Peanut
Club Player

dal was quite happy as you will see in the vid - but that was the best shot of the jumper I could get.

The whole thing really looks like a temp roughy for the announcement. I bloody well hope so :evil:

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:The whole thing really looks like a temp roughy for the announcement. I bloody well hope so :evil:
Yes it will have been.

We did the same last time, they looked very dodgy last year, then the real ones were made up later on.

They walk amongst us...

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

is it just me or dose the jumper now look like crap?
that blue logo ruins it all!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Mate, that "blue logo" is paying the club $2m per year, and without them we would probably be off to Western Sydney somewhere ...

If we support our sponsors, they will be loyal to us. Everyone is whinging about this gurnsey sponsor and that one, wishing we had one instead of another.

Get behind the sponsors that pay money to our club and they will reward us by being in for the long haul.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I admit I didnt like it at first ISC being major apparel sponsor and Jeld Wen as major partner.

I initally thaught WTF is this the best we can get. But after I thaught about it I can see the up side of it.

First the sponsor: $2 mill is a great deal, Jeld Wen is a trusted and high quality product and AUSTRALIAN (which is most improtant).

As for ISC: they are an internationally known apparel company doing (among others) The NRL's Sydney Roosters and South Sydney, The NBL's Sydney Kings and most of the Super 14 Union teams.

Sure Reebok or Nike would have been nice but at least the AFL isnt making our stuff under the guise of a cut price Target surf wear company
anymore.

As for Skins I belive they are still going to be supplying us with their top notch pressure garments.

The new jumpers (hopefully only a mock up) looks rubbish with a thin white stripe but the removal of the piping from the sleeves and neck is a deffinate improvment. All in all it is a good step foward for us as a club

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
HarveysDeciple

Oh When the Saints wrote:Mate, that "blue logo" is paying the club $2m per year, and without them we would probably be off to Western Sydney somewhere ...

If we support our sponsors, they will be loyal to us. Everyone is whinging about this gurnsey sponsor and that one, wishing we had one instead of another.

Get behind the sponsors that pay money to our club and they will reward us by being in for the long haul.
absolutely spot on.

The club should not be sacrificing millions of dollars in sponsorship because the logo makes the jumper look a little worse.

Who gives a flying flower....

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I like the blue. It stands out.

That jumper better be a mock up - it looks horrific.

BTW, the crest should always be under the sponsors logo, makes both stand out more.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Hurricane wrote: First the sponsor: $2 mill is a great deal, Jeld Wen is a trusted and high quality product and AUSTRALIAN (which is most improtant).
Pretty sure Jeld-Wen are a multinational.

Even if we're sponsored by "Jeld-Wen Australia" there's a global interest behind it.

http://www.jeld-wen.com/about/locations.cfm

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Hurricane wrote: First the sponsor: $2 mill is a great deal, Jeld Wen is a trusted and high quality product and AUSTRALIAN (which is most improtant).
Pretty sure Jeld-Wen are a multinational.

Even if we're sponsored by "Jeld-Wen Australia" there's a global interest behind it.

http://www.jeld-wen.com/about/locations.cfm
Privately owned by USA interests I would think..

The Brands such as Corinthian used to be AUSTRALIAIN...but were sold...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....