North broke 'within 6 months': Demetriou - today's Crikey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RBnW
Club Player

six months is a bit short but they will be broke before long........ :oops: the Brayshaw plan is all emotional :roll: ......Dimwit may not be far wrong....the most members they have ever had is about 24 or 26,000 and they dont have that many supporters compared to the other clubs...
Its a shame but they will be gone and it may well still be a 16 club comp...
They won a lot of tight games last year, if they dont go well in 2008 it could all turn sour very, very quickly.....and as for Vodafone sponsoring all that does is replace Iprimus...and only for a year..... :shock: :shock:

Our best is yet
to come......
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: even Centro might be a better investment proposition than the Kangas ATM!! :wink:
A financial planner had just recently advised me to buy Centro as part of a portfolio......wonder if he's thinking the same now?? :lol:

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Fitzroy all over agin ..

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Nice to see you around meher baba :)

Your reason and balance has been greatly missed.
Thanks for your kind words OWTS. I haven't gone anywhere, and am still dropping by SS several times a week, but have just been fiendishly busy and haven't had much time to post anything.

A merry Xmas to you and all SS posters. :D

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
casey scorp
Club Player

St George wrote:Broke 'within six months': Demetriou plots a Kangaroo cull
Charles Happell writes:
A state-of-the-art complex has recently been built on the site that includes nine purpose-built villas which provide accommodation for touring groups or sporting teams, a FINA-approved 50-metre outdoor swimming pool, an IAAF-certified 10-lane 400-metre athletic track with 3,000 seater stadium, and an enormous gymnasium and health spa.
Here are some details of the sports centre:
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/t_standard2.aspx?pid=98
Located in Sports Drive, Runaway Bay, some of its features include:
• international standard athletics track with world-class Mondo service
• weight-lifting pavilion
• separate areas for throwing events
• six-target archery range
• nine accommodation lodges with 320 beds
• fully equipped 1000 metre square state-of the-art gymnasium
• 50 metre Olympic swimming pool and 20 metre indoor pool
• 350 seat restaurant
• childcare centre
• sports medicine, science and rehabilitation rooms
• corporate and conference facilities
• synthetic-surface and natural glass surface rugby field
• sports and educational holiday camps
• two international standard beach-volleyball courts
The only bit that doesn’t sound too good is the rugby field with a glass surface.
Solar wrote:The facility at runaway bay is huge, I would kill for stkilda to have something similar.
Almost had it – give Casey Fields and its accompanying indoor leisure sports precinct located 700 metres away a few years and it will be close to comparable. Of the facilities listed:

• athletics track - coming
• weight-lifting pavilion – not coming (who cares?)
• separate areas for throwing events (coming as part of the aths facility)
• six-target archery range (maybe coming)
• nine accommodation lodges with 320 beds (not ever!)
• fully equipped state-of the-art gymnasium - under construction
• 50 metre Olympic swimming pool and 20 metre indoor pool - under construction
• 350 seat restaurant - coming
• childcare centre – not currently planned
• sports medicine, science and rehabilitation rooms – not currently planned
• corporate and conference facilities - coming
• synthetic-surface and natural glass surface rugby field - coming
• sports and educational holiday camps – (not ever!)
• beach-volleyball courts – already there (Casey Indoor Leisure Centre)

Plus also there, or coming, to Casey Fields:

• soccer
• cricket
• tennis
• netball
• basketball (Casey Indoor Leisure Centre)
• ten pin bowling (Casey Indoor Leisure Centre)
• indoor tennis (Casey Indoor Leisure Centre)

RBnW
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
St George wrote:Broke 'within six months': Demetriou plots a Kangaroo cull
Charles Happell writes:
A state-of-the-art complex has recently been built on the site that includes nine purpose-built villas which provide accommodation for touring groups or sporting teams, a FINA-approved 50-metre outdoor swimming pool, an IAAF-certified 10-lane 400-metre athletic track with 3,000 seater stadium, and an enormous gymnasium and health spa.
Here are some details of the sports centre:
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/t_standard2.aspx?pid=98
Located in Sports Drive, Runaway Bay, some of its features include:
• international standard athletics track with world-class Mondo service
• weight-lifting pavilion
• separate areas for throwing events
• six-target archery range
• nine accommodation lodges with 320 beds
• fully equipped 1000 metre square state-of the-art gymnasium
• 50 metre Olympic swimming pool and 20 metre indoor pool
• 350 seat restaurant
• childcare centre
• sports medicine, science and rehabilitation rooms
• corporate and conference facilities
• synthetic-surface and natural glass surface rugby field
• sports and educational holiday camps
• two international standard beach-volleyball courts
The only bit that doesn’t sound too good is the rugby field with a glass surface.
Solar wrote:The facility at runaway bay is huge, I would kill for stkilda to have something similar.
Almost had it – give Casey Fields and its accompanying indoor leisure sports precinct located 700 metres away a few years and it will be close to comparable. Of the facilities listed:

• athletics track - coming
• weight-lifting pavilion – not coming (who cares?)
• separate areas for throwing events (coming as part of the aths facility)
• six-target archery range (maybe coming)
• nine accommodation lodges with 320 beds (not ever!)
• fully equipped state-of the-art gymnasium - under construction
• 50 metre Olympic swimming pool and 20 metre indoor pool - under construction
• 350 seat restaurant - coming
• childcare centre – not currently planned
• sports medicine, science and rehabilitation rooms – not currently planned
• corporate and conference facilities - coming
• synthetic-surface and natural glass surface rugby field - coming
• sports and educational holiday camps – (not ever!)
• beach-volleyball courts – already there (Casey Indoor Leisure Centre)

Plus also there, or coming, to Casey Fields:

• soccer
• cricket
• tennis
• netball
• basketball (Casey Indoor Leisure Centre)
• ten pin bowling (Casey Indoor Leisure Centre)
• indoor tennis (Casey Indoor Leisure Centre)
and then throw in the weather....it's coming tooooooooo.......Woooooooooooshhhhhhhhh :P :P
Sometime in the future....
I am in Sydney its July and i am thinking of a training camp...shall i go to Casey Fields or Runaway Bay....now even if I dont know that one is in Qld and the other in the foothills of the Dandenongs....where will I go.. :?:
Then I visit the websites.....then I visit the weather....then I visit the accomadation.....then I ask how far from the airport....then I book Runaway Bay...... :D

Our best is yet
to come......
casey scorp
Club Player

RBnW wrote:and then throw in the weather....it's coming tooooooooo.......Woooooooooooshhhhhhhhh :P :P
I am in Sydney its July and i am thinking of a training camp...shall i go to Casey Fields or Runaway Bay....now even if I dont know that one is in Qld and the other in the foothills of the Dandenongs....where will I go.. :?:
Then I visit the websites.....then I visit the weather....then I visit the accomadation.....then I ask how far from the airport....then I book Runaway Bay...... :D
Granted the weather is far better on the Gold Coast than in Victoria but, then again, St Kilda is in Victoria!

I'd also book a holiday on the GC rather than in Casey, but that's not the issue is it?. Unless you're proposing St Kilda takes the vacant spot available on the GC.

RBnW
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
RBnW wrote:and then throw in the weather....it's coming tooooooooo.......Woooooooooooshhhhhhhhh :P :P
Granted the weather is far better on the Gold Coast than in Victoria but, then again, St Kilda is in Victoria!

I'd also book a holiday on the GC rather than in Casey, but that's not the issue is it?. Unless you're proposing St Kilda takes the vacant spot available on the GC.
No to the vacant spot........ CS I was just comparing CF to RB if it was a choice of going there to do a training camp..........I thought that was where you were coming from....that is what RB is used for now.... :D
Not as a home for the club......no way, like you say we are Victorian and Victorian we will stay.... :D

Our best is yet
to come......
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Brendon Gale on SEN just said the meeting with Dimwit did take place but denies what was reported, naturally.

Seems like SEN were sucking up to Gale's story.

When will people learn if they report things overheard in public, that they should turn on their voice recorder on their mobile phone as proof?

Dimwit and Gale were always going to deny the story, could see it from a mile away!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Brendon Gale on SEN just said the meeting with Dimwit did take place but denies what was reported, naturally.

When will people learn if they report things overheard in public, that they should turn on their voice recorder on their mobile phone as proof?

Dimwit and Gale were always going to deny the story, could see it from a mile away!
And as Gale said if it was true he would be horrified as 42 players would be unemplyed so I will go with Gale on this as it makes much more sense than the rubbish written on Crikey.

But you AFL hating people continue to beleive a story that has many holes in it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Brendon Gale on SEN just said the meeting with Dimwit did take place but denies what was reported, naturally.

And as Gale said if it was true he would be horrified as 42 players would be unemplyed so I will go with Gale on this as it makes much more sense than the rubbish written on Crikey.

But you AFL hating people continue to beleive a story that has many holes in it.
42 players would be without a job then another 42 will get a job in the GC plus a whole raft of new members for the aflpa

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

No problem plugger - and may I ask what your role is within the AFL, seeing as you are in love with the organisation so much??

If you aren't actually on the payroll, perhaps consider a job with SEN - they've got rid of Beva and Francis Leech, no doubt too heavily opinionated for the partially AFL backed network!!

Remember also the AFLPA is heavily backed financially by the AFL, Dimwit himself was prez of the AFLPA and no doubt Gale and Dimwit are heavily pissing in each others pockets.

Cheers.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No problem plugger - and may I ask what your role is within the AFL, seeing as you are in love with the organisation so much??

If you aren't actually on the payroll, perhaps consider a job with SEN - they've got rid of Beva and Francis Leech, no doubt too heavily opinionated for the partially AFL backed network!!

Remember also the AFLPA is heavily backed financially by the AFL, Dimwit himself was prez of the AFLPA and no doubt Gale and Dimwit are heavily pissing in each others pockets.

Cheers.
I think you will find that Bruce Eva had nothing what so ever to do with anyone but himself and the station having a disagreement. As for Francis Leech when did he go. Thats news to me.

And why would Gale go against the wishes of the players who he represents to support the AFL. You must have a low opinion of him and from what I have heard that would be very unfair.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Of course Mr Gale would be concerned, especially if he had to deal with 42 players without a job and not playing the game they love. Mr D could of been giving him the heads up of what coudl happen if the Roos do not succeed. I for one hope they do just to rub MrD's nose in it, but i won't be holding my breath.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cheers.
Yeah! Woo! Stick it to da man! Take THAT Andy D!

Seriously, the AFL is sometimes misguided, and sometimes the bad guy in relation to individual clubs, but do people seriously believe that they'd put the squeeze on SEN to remove hosts for not towing some sort of party line? SEN gets people to debate AFL, and so whether they agree or not with an AFL position, it's GOOD for the AFL.

As for the AFLPA, and Andy D's background, it may be that their interests align, and it may not... I'm open to the idea that the PA would be in favour of moving a team North, but the conspiracy assumption is just ridiculous.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
GrumpyOne

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Seriously, the AFL is sometimes misguided, and sometimes the bad guy in relation to individual clubs, but do people seriously believe that they'd put the squeeze on SEN to remove hosts for not towing some sort of party line?
In a word..... yes.