M Gardiner Watch Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vodka Vixen
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Gardigirl..I sincerely hope he doesnt turn on his friends as quickly and viciously as you have :shock:
This wasnt an over night sensation S66au. I am not being vicious either, Im just speaking my opinion and the truth as far as I see it.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Gardigirl wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
Gardigirl wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:he might actually give a toss about the club when he starts playing and actually gets involved

it might be a little hard to fit in and see the light when you spend a whole season and then some injured

time will tell however with the trading of king and the drafting of big mac i am a little less worried about the ruck division than what i was 12 months ago
I guess your right SP. A decent human being would make more of an effort though given the circumstances of being injurred for so long. A normal person in his situation would go to the B and F and pull his head in BECAUSE he couldnt perform where it counted the most for St Kilda (on field).

You are right. St Kilda obviously have no faith and they have gone and traded and drafted well in the knowledge that BNS is just a project player and a chance with no real prospects. Good on them, its the smart thing to do at this stage. You have a strong list and you need a commited and strong ruckmen in King and Big Mac.
you are really jumping the gun here

since when did you define what a decent human being is???

shoot me down if you will....but being injured in a new club the whole year...having the reputation he does would make you feel a little off-putting in my opinion

i think if he actually gets on the park and does well we could see a different side of mg...im hoping as i was always an admirer of his play nd arrogance and i still am

i hope he is able to replicate it with us...im not expecting all australian performances however i am expecting the arrogance and aggressiveness of mg
Decent human beings actually give a s***. This fella does not. Thats my definition SP.

I happen to like you guys on this site and I would love to see BNS perform for all your sakes but it breaks my heart to see some of you expecting him to be anything different to what he has been for the last 3 years.

If he has kept his arrogance and aggressiveness to being displayed only on a footy field he would not be at St Kilda. He would have a Premiership medal, a B and F with the Eagles, perhaps a Brownlow and many more All Australians. The very things everyone loved about him became his undoing, its sad but reality. It takes much more than one or two nice words and BNS not being involved in any more police investigations or high speed car crashes to fool me into a sense of loyalty these days.

If he succeeds I will be happy for you people because I genuinely like you, if he fails I will be just as angry as you all are. I just dont want anyone to get their hopes up.
to be honest i wont be angry considering who we have drafted and what we have waiting in the wings

i will be dissapointed however if he doesnt perform in a st kilda jumper because as an unashamed fan i used to always want him in our colours

time will tell i guess

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Vodka Vixen
Club Player

Gardigirl wrote:
Gardigirl wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:he might actually give a toss about the club when he starts playing and actually gets involved

it might be a little hard to fit in and see the light when you spend a whole season and then some injured

time will tell however with the trading of king and the drafting of big mac i am a little less worried about the ruck division than what i was 12 months ago
I guess your right SP. A decent human being would make more of an effort though given the circumstances of being injurred for so long. A normal person in his situation would go to the B and F and pull his head in BECAUSE he couldnt perform where it counted the most for St Kilda (on field).

You are right. St Kilda obviously have no faith and they have gone and traded and drafted well in the knowledge that BNS is just a project player and a chance with no real prospects. Good on them, its the smart thing to do at this stage. You have a strong list and you need a commited and strong ruckmen in King and Big Mac.
you are really jumping the gun here

since when did you define what a decent human being is???

shoot me down if you will....but being injured in a new club the whole year...having the reputation he does would make you feel a little off-putting in my opinion

i think if he actually gets on the park and does well we could see a different side of mg...im hoping as i was always an admirer of his play nd arrogance and i still am

i hope he is able to replicate it with us...im not expecting all australian performances however i am expecting the arrogance and aggressiveness of mg
Decent human beings actually give a s***. This fella does not. Thats my definition SP.

I happen to like you guys on this site and I would love to see BNS perform for all your sakes but it breaks my heart to see some of you expecting him to be anything different to what he has been for the last 3 years.

If he has kept his arrogance and aggressiveness to being displayed only on a footy field he would not be at St Kilda. He would have a Premiership medal, a B and F with the Eagles, perhaps a Brownlow and many more All Australians. The very things everyone loved about him became his undoing, its sad but reality. It takes much more than one or two nice words and BNS not being involved in any more police investigations or high speed car crashes to fool me into a sense of loyalty these days.

If he succeeds I will be happy for you people because I genuinely like you, if he fails I will be just as angry as you all are. I just dont want anyone to get their hopes up.
to be honest i wont be angry considering who we have drafted and what we have waiting in the wings

i will be dissapointed however if he doesnt perform in a st kilda jumper because as an unashamed fan i used to always want him in our colours

time will tell i guess
Yep your 100% right and I like your attitude. Lets just hope he doesnt let another group of people down. A cat only has nine lives after all.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I believe that a player could still be a decent human being without give a sh*t about our club, if Dempster or C.Gardiner really didn't care about St.Kilda, didn't put in the effort and just killed time until their contract expired, I wouldn't be a fan but they could still be decent human beings, there's more to life than football...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Vodka Vixen
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:I believe that a player could still be a decent human being without give a sh*t about our club, if Dempster or C.Gardiner really didn't care about St.Kilda, didn't put in the effort and just killed time until their contract expired, I wouldn't be a fan but they could still be decent human beings, there's more to life than football...
Perhaps Armoooo and you are right in some respects. I wasnt really looking at it from the same perspective though.

Do not forget though that there is a big difference between someone thinking there is more to life than football and simply just not having the passion to succeed (ala Nathan Ablett. The type of scenario that I personally find completely understandable) and then alternatively someone who feeds a club desperate for a ruckmen a line/story they want to hear because he has just s*** in his own nest and needs another footy club to s*** in (That to me is not right because the whole story/line he fed the club would be a lie that player has told the club for his own selfish reasons).

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I understand what you're saying GG, and if you believe that is what Gardiner has done then you are probably right, I wouldn't say that you are crossing the line at all..

However I don't know enough, I have only met the guy once and to me he seem genuine, nice and committed... so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, I am going to hope that he has both his career and the club at heart and he is doing everything in his powers to make sure that he can get on the park in 2008...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Vodka Vixen
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:I understand what you're saying GG, and if you believe that is what Gardiner has done then you are probably right, I wouldn't say that you are crossing the line at all..

However I don't know enough, I have only met the guy once and to me he seem genuine, nice and committed... so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, I am going to hope that he has both his career and the club at heart and he is doing everything in his powers to make sure that he can get on the park in 2008...
Good for you (I genuinely hope for people like you that BNS succeeds). I will be here with you all watching and waiting to see what happens.

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Hey Gardigirl, give us all the truth.

What was your relationship with Gardi?

To be so supportive of the guy last year and the opposite, vindictive nasty type this year indicates one of two things to me - he's given you the flick for someone else and you are hurt or his changing habits, for a better life, you don't like.

Which one is it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

gardigirl, put up or shut up IMO, this thread started out as news on a st kilda player. 95% of it has been either rumour or slagging off on a player. So since coming to Stkilda a year ago, what exactly has he done?

As I have said before, the worst that I have actually heard about him during the past 12 months is a rumour about supporting his own mates during a game and having a quiet drink (leaving 9pm?) with benny in sydney.

So I ask you, what has he done? I am not asking about what happened at WCE, that is the past. Since been traded to the Saints, whats has MG done except get surgery and gain a second year contract?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Solar
Saintsational Legend

btw I have not heard ANYONE pin their hopes on him, the closest we have had is the fitness coach suggesting round 6 and positive noises from the coach. Supporters on here just want updates on how he is progressing.....

FQF
In richo I trust

yipper
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:btw I have not heard ANYONE pin their hopes on him, the closest we have had is the fitness coach suggesting round 6 and positive noises from the coach. Supporters on here just want updates on how he is progressing.....
Totally agree. He hasn't missed a training session apparently and is working his a... off. If he was playing up - I would somehow suspect that someone within the club would know about it and RL is not the sort of fellow you'd want to get off side with!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
HarveysDeciple

If gardiner wasn't pulling his weight, or was playing up like some have suggested,

does anyone in the right mind think that a) we wouldn't know about it, and b) he'd still be on our list?

Surely not....

westy
Club Player

I was talking to people on Sunday who sadly support the weagles. Their spiteful comments about Gardiner were pathetic. In a similar vein to comments from GG. What is it with these people? I certainly hope that he can 'shove it up them' Funnily enough, a Geelong supporter was equally unpleasant about King. Suggesting that he was a hack and not worth a pinch. He played fairly well in the GF for a hack!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Hey Gardigirl, give us all the truth.

What was your relationship with Gardi?

To be so supportive of the guy last year and the opposite, vindictive nasty type this year indicates one of two things to me - he's given you the flick for someone else and you are hurt or his changing habits, for a better life, you don't like.

Which one is it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
spot on what I was thinking.....and correct me if I'm wrong, but given that you're a chick you may have some idea how the female half operate!!

(I'm male = no clue on that front!!!!)

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

geewiz we are a fickle bunch gardigirl is prob the most informed person on gardi and now because she doesnt have a glowing responce on the guy we all jump on her for being a vindictive ex g/f or woman scorn ! :roll:
thank you gardigirl for your insight and your point of veiw (notice she always says its her opinion so you cant slam her for having an opinoin).
i think deep down all of us saints fans were a bit unsure on the gardi thing but as we are passionate about our club we will defend all of our players (even if they never play a game for us)
i started to worry about gardi last year when it was reported to me by a work mate who flew over to melb to watch us get beaten by the Eagles at TD that gardi was while sitting with our boys cheering his old boys on as my workmate said " it was a bit of a joke at first and the other saints players had a giggle but then he kept on goin causeing not the players but alot of the suporters around them to get a bit upset by it "

i think most players that get traded or drafted to a forign club dont have the "love of the club" and treat it like their job i think its only after a prelonged time does a player actually feel some emotional conection to a club

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Vodka Vixen
Club Player

Alright if some of you must know then I will tell you.

He lied about being in bed before midnight the night Benny boy got locked up. He was out till 3:30AM that morning.

He also got himself into trouble with your club when he went to Broome with his mate Benny 2 or 3 months back. The club actually called him and insisted on a meeting where he was given his marching orders. Your club decided to give him a second chance and couldnt risk the PR issue of sacking him.

Happy?

Also, it doesnt matter how I know BNS. Im just telling you all what I know because I like you all and I think your being conned.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I think that the issue is that she has gone from backing him 110% in 2007 to open and blatantly degrading him as soon as the season has finished it seems.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ben_fff
Club Player

I really don't care as long as he has no bearing on the behavior of our other players and as long as he contributes to our side.

bozza1980
Club Player

Gardigirl wrote:The club actually called him and insisted on a meeting where he was given his marching orders. Your club decided to give him a second chance and couldnt risk the PR issue of sacking him.
I hope you are incorrect, becuase I hope the club isn't keeping players on the list to avoid negative press.

yipper
SS Life Member

So, as I suspected, the club are aware of what Gardi is up to and are managing it. He seems pretty switched on at present and maybe he has turned the corner. But, I'm more than happy for Ross Lyon and club management to monitor the big fella and not some internet fans.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Saints94
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:So, as I suspected, the club are aware of what Gardi is up to and are managing it. He seems pretty switched on at present and maybe he has turned the corner. But, I'm more than happy for Ross Lyon and club management to monitor the big fella and not some internet fans.
He wants to get out there and kick some ass but he shouldn't be at night clubs with Ben Cousins he should have a driving test etc P.S go Gardiner!

savatage
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:So, as I suspected, the club are aware of what Gardi is up to and are managing it. He seems pretty switched on at present and maybe he has turned the corner. But, I'm more than happy for Ross Lyon and club management to monitor the big fella and not some internet fans.
Damn straight!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Gardigirl wrote:Alright if some of you must know then I will tell you.

He lied about being in bed before midnight the night Benny boy got locked up. He was out till 3:30AM that morning.

He also got himself into trouble with your club when he went to Broome with his mate Benny 2 or 3 months back. The club actually called him and insisted on a meeting where he was given his marching orders. Your club decided to give him a second chance and couldnt risk the PR issue of sacking him.

Happy?

Also, it doesnt matter how I know BNS. Im just telling you all what I know because I like you all and I think your being conned.
This is very interesting.. We have no reason to doubt you GardiGirl, and thanks for the insight...

The most encouraging thing here is, if Gardiner is playing up, the club seems to know about it.. PR issues aside, we are better off keeping tabs on him, such that his 'issues' dont spread to others, as opposed to turning a blind eye...

At the end of the day, if he can get on the park and be of service to us, without a negative off field influence, that is a best case scenario..

He obviously, as a person, is a lost cause..

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Gardigirl wrote:Alright if some of you must know then I will tell you.

Happy?

It does matter how you know him, because these two incidents are EXTREMELY minor, hell a collingwood player was caught with a gangster shooting at people, others have nearly died on player trips.....

but yes how you know him and what your agenda is extremely important in giving you a cred.

anyway totally agree with yipper

FQF
In richo I trust

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

crap solar
the idea of having forum usernames is so you can post without disclosing you identity
if you choose to believe/ignore a posters cred thats your choice no one has to prove anything and calls for ppl to disclose their identity is only going to stop creditalbe snipits of information we currently get . as with all information unless you see it or here it your self treat it as an opinion not as a fact

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/