Jack Watts ?? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Jack Watts ?? !!

Is Jack Watts (AIS kid from Sandringham training with us) the younger brother of Fergus? and son of Jim? I don't even know if Fergus has a younger brother but drew my conclusion from the Watts name and that Jack is also from Sandringham !!

esaint66
SS Life Member

yeh he is his brother won the club best and fairest in 06 i think but im not sure if he is training with is would be logical but im not sure cause i havent gone done to watch the boys train as yet.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Who's that kid?
Any eager fans who have popped along to see how their club is progressing in the first week of 2008 might be wondering about the identity of a couple of the fresh-faced youngsters on the track. While new recruits can be hard to make out at this time of year, the first week of January also throws up a couple of curve balls for supporters given it is the one opportunity members of the AIS/AFL Academy get to train with AFL clubs. Each year 30 of Australia's most promising junior footballers are offered Academy scholarships and, as well as receiving access to the best facilities and coaching techniques on offer throughout their 12-month experience, they also get a first-hand feel of what life is like at the top level. And AIS/AFL Academy High Performance Coach Alan McConnell said this week's experience might be a sneak peek at a future home for some players. "There's been a bit of a history of boys finishing up at the clubs where they've spent time," McConnell said. "Not a massive number but certainly it does give the clubs an insight into what they're going to get, and I guess it means the coaches can have a better understanding of the boys and what skills they're going to bring should they recruit them to their club" ...
St Kilda - Liam Jones (North Hobart FC), Jack Watts (Sandringham/East Sandringham)
More Ben Broad/saints.com.au/09Jan08

congorozides
Club Player

well can we let him train somewhere else. the last thing i want is another emotional draft choice based on family ties who is a complete DUD.